What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

36 years and the first time I've been ashamed of our Club

planeteels

Juniors
Not the Players. The Board.. The Management..

Let's see when or IF the 3P members, supporters and Leadbeater come on and defend their actions which have done more damage than Fitzgerald could do in 30 years of effort (and no, i'm not a fitzgerald supporter either).

Not only about the disgraceful way they have conducted this whole Daniel Anderson situation, but the way they have handled the Leaks.. the indecision, the failed promises, the lack of quality recruitment as promised, the totally unacceptable treatment of staff in the Eels Office and the hiring of Osborne who has been an absolute failure as CEO. (I still cannot believe they hired him over Andrew Hill but that's another story)

Come on 3P start the spin.. let's drop a few more leaks to try and justify your existence and create the stories that will soften the blow.

It was your organisation 3P that said you were striving for success on and off the field. So far you have hatcheted our internal operations of the footy club to the point that even the staff don't enjoy their work and now you sack the one bloke who was going to reverse the rot set-in by Hagan and his antics.

I don't know the full story as to why Anderson was given the flick so hastily, so I'm not going to get into it any further, but fair dinkum, you want to hire Steve Kearney???? an untested coach at NRL level other than assisting Bellamy who is the coach of a team who are talented enough to coach themselves.

I am ashamed of you and pray with all that I am and ever will be that You and subsequently Osborne are relieved of your responsbilities in due course. I only wish I could vote at the next election!!!!
[-X :evil: [-X :evil: [-X

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
Maybe email that to the club, or send it to Phil Rothfield as well as posting it here. Agree with most of what you say.

IFR33K

Coach
Its a disgrace, of the highest order.

Hopefully enough pressure will force the board and ceo to leave.

Glenn

First Grade
Very poorly handled by the board, just hope the new coach doesn't make any long term plans because the won't be reliased.:crazy:

Suitman

Post Whore
Short memories.

I was just as ashamed during the 90's, when our once proud club turned into a f**king rabble on the field, allowed to by Denis who wouldn't spend his money.
When he did, he gave us pride again.

Some of you lot are emotional babies.
We sacked a coach who has done no more than Hagan did in REAL results. If not for Hayne, we would have been likely wooden spooners two years in succession.

f**k me, get over it.
I'm actually looking forward to next season now.

Suity

Bazal

Post Whore
Short memories.

I was just as ashamed during the 90's, when our once proud club turned into a f**king rabble on the field, allowed to by Denis who wouldn't spend his money.

We sacked a coach who has done no more than Hagan did in REAL results. If not for Hayne, we would have been likely wooden spooners two years in succession.

f**k me, get over it.

Suity

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

What sh*t!

Springs

First Grade
Couldn't care less if they were a rabble on the field, as long as they keep their dignity.
Getting to a Grand Final is a REAL result, like it or not, we were the best legal team in the comp last year, and Anderson was the coach, it's no coincidence.
It wasn't all Hayne, he didn't make every f**king tackle if I remember correctly, and if it was, why wasn't it all him this year, let's sack Hayne!

Disgraceful incident.

planeteels

Juniors
Short memories.

f**k me, get over it.

Suity

Suity.. I understand what you are saying.. I actually wanted to say how putting Kearney in could be compared to the appointment of Hilditch or Cronin to the coaching role in the 90's and the subsequent on-field rabble... Anderson did more than Hagan did, sure Hayne takes alot of the credence for the good stuff from 2009, but you can't say that Anderson had nothing to do with it. Anderson wasn't given a chance to get things right because 3P board members (who were chopping and changing on a whim) were interfering and trying to control things that should have been left to the NRL team officials i.e Coach, Manager and co.

I'm not being emotional. My point is brought upon by more than just Anderson's sacking. I don't know the reasons behind it, and don't profess to, however this has brought to a head the anger i feel at the way 3p have handled several situations this season as well as the internal issues I have seen and heard about first hand.

Wasn't it a disgrace when Fitzgerald blew 12 million on Parra Power .....And another few million on twoblues rugby team?
But I guess some people have blinkers on.

planeteels

Juniors
Wasn't it a disgrace when Fitzgerald blew 12 million on Parra Power .....And another few million on twoblues rugby team?
But I guess some people have blinkers on.

Totally different kettle of Fish Jake!!

That was an investment on the Leagues Clubs behalf. That investment didn't rip apart the Eels Office nor did it destabilise our Office operations. It didn't lead to media leaks or broken &/or unfulfilled promises.

Suitman

Post Whore
Suity.. I understand what you are saying.. I actually wanted to say how putting Kearney in could be compared to the appointment of Hilditch or Cronin to the coaching role in the 90's and the subsequent on-field rabble... Anderson did more than Hagan did, sure Hayne takes alot of the credence for the good stuff from 2009, but you can't say that Anderson had nothing to do with it. Anderson wasn't given a chance to get things right because 3P board members (who were chopping and changing on a whim) were interfering and trying to control things that should have been left to the NRL team officials i.e Coach, Manager and co.

I'm not being emotional. My point is brought upon by more than just Anderson's sacking. I don't know the reasons behind it, and don't profess to, however this has brought to a head the anger i feel at the way 3p have handled several situations this season as well as the internal issues I have seen and heard about first hand.

OK mate, that's very much different to the crybaby first post of yours.

I certainly don't disagree with many of your points. 3P have certainly not been anything like they professed and promised they would be. I've been at times, disappointed, at other times, angered by some of the stuff they have controlled and had a process in. Some has just been downright pathetic.
But tell me though..........have YOU been happy with the 1 and a half seasons of bollocks that has been dished up on the field over the past two years? We have been a rabble ON the field, as well as off it. In all facets of the club. But everyone wants the Board/management to take the blame for it all. It surely goes deeper than that.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Totally different kettle of Fish Jake!!

That was an investment on the Leagues Clubs behalf. That investment didn't rip apart the Eels Office nor did it destabilise our Office operations. It didn't lead to media leaks or broken &/or unfulfilled promises.

LOL. Only one person was making decisions back then.

Suity

Runaround Man

Juniors
It might be the right thing, it might not be the wrong thing to sack Anderson, but I really do feel sorry for the guy.

If there was one coach who really did bleed blue and gold it is Anderson. He loved the club, but unfortunately the club didn't love him back.

Unfortunately for Anderson Mateo and Inu left a year too late. How can you build a tough, premiership team around those two guys?

dazeely

First Grade
Short memories.

f**k me, get over it.

Suity

I'm generally a Suity fan but this time your off the mark. It's the bigger picture. This is just the final straw. Unprofessional rabble running an unprofessional club.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm generally a Suity fan but this time your off the mark. It's the bigger picture. This is just the final straw. Unprofessional rabble running an unprofessional club.

That's ok mate. I'm normally a Daz fan until S.O.O. time. Then, YOU go way off the mark.

Suity