What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nafe Seluini

Cranky Sod

Juniors
Looks like we have picked up Nafe Seluini by all reports, does anyone know how good he is

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
Flabbogasted he wasn't in the NYC team of the year. In the preliminary final last night he created a 65m break out of dummy half to secure the win for the Warriors. He is electric out of dummy half.

Iafeta

Referee
P'Od is my reaction to losing him. He's a massive reason why we are in the Grand Final.

maple_69

Bench
I'm more surprised our inept management managed to take advantage of a great opportunity...
I'm happy with Kingston and Iosefa at dummy half at the moment but never hurts to have depth.
From his profile on the Warriors site.

Now in his third and final season with the Vodafone Junior Warriors. He's one of the squad's most versatile players who can play fullback, wing, centre or hooker although he has mostly been used as an impact player at dummy half. Yet another product from St Paul's College, he has played at international level for Tonga. In the food stakes he likes kina, oysters, raw fish and pork while Prison Break and Lost are his favourite television shows and Super Bad is his favourite movie.

He's 21 in June so I'd assume he'd be in our top 25?

NRLMad

Juniors
He's a pocket rocket... makes a hell of a lot breaks from dummy half.. Size wise he's smallish but tough.. I have been watching the U20s for the Warriors oretty much all season. He's a gun.. Hopefully you guys don't make him crap... I go for the Dragons so this is unbiased.

maple_69

Bench
You say he's small?
Do you think he's likely to be able to make the step up to NRL level?
And how does he go in defence?

franklin2323

Immortal
Can he ball play?? He could be the running 5/8 we are after.

Burns could struggle to get a start next season. 6. Taumata, 7. Walsh. Seluini off the bench we might actually make linebreaks and carve teams up the guts

maple_69

Bench
Turn him into a ball playing second rower.
Or we put him into lock and Lewis to 5/8 and be done with it.

franklin2323

Immortal
What will we do with Masada Iosefa if this kid cuts the mustard?

Ballplaying backrower or 5/8. Both positions we are weak in.

6.Taumata
7. Walsh

Masada/Burns/Seluini fighting for the bench spot we will be so much more potent and we actually might break the line more then once per season

Can't say I have watched Nafe much. I will watch him closely at the game on Sunday

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Watched the final 10 minutes of the game between the warriors V Dawgs.

When he came on with about 5 minutes to go..he went into dummy half....ran from dummy half,broke the defence with blistering speed,ran for about 40 yards and gave the ball to the eventual try-scorer to wrap up the game.

You should have seen the jubilation on the Warriors players..happy as Larrys.

I'm still annoyed with Seluini leaving. He should of been locked up ages ago. Although good luck to him. You guys have picked up a very promising player. He's small although he is tough. He has the speed, footwork and a positive attitude to play in the NRL.

He's very versatile who can play either fullback, wing, hooker or halfback. He reminds me of a young Lance Hohaia. Even if he did stay with us he would be behind players like Hohaia, Heremaia and Mara for hooker. Keep an eye on him on Sunday. He's No.14.

mxlegend99

Referee
Is it actually official? I haven't seen any confirmation from our club. I've only seen it referenced in a few articles and it wasn't really a focus part of them either.

I'm only hesitant to believe it as it's pretty rare for our club to sign players from other clubs that actually have the fans scratching their heads as to how they let them go... usually we're the club that's happening to.