What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta NRL club sack Daniel Anderson as coach at emergency board meeting

Do you support the Board's decision to sack Daniel Anderson?

• Yes

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • No

Votes: 101 66.4%
  • Impartial

Votes: 21 13.8%

• Total voters

Loudstrat

Coach
Fitzy wasn't on the field busting his clakker. Ray Price was, Brett Kenny, Eric Grothe, Terry Leadbeater et-al. They were the ones.

And the board decision to punt Anderson was UNANIMOUS - not just 3p.

I have never head of a club's board being punted because an underperforming coach was sacked - ever.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Fitzy wasn't on the field busting his clakker. Ray Price was, Brett Kenny, Eric Grothe, Terry Leadbeater et-al. They were the ones.

I have never head of a club's board being punted because an underperforming coach was sacked - ever.

Wait, you were comparing on field accomplishments of Price, Kenny, Sterlo etc etc to the off field accomplishments of Fitzy.

Hiow many premierships has 3P delivered as players - compared to the dirge that Fitzgerald has dished up for 20 years?

Answer to your question, 4.

mrpwnd

Bench
I find it funny that Ozzie thought our squad was stronger than last years squad and yet, it is most likely an attempt to defend the way he's gone out and tried to players on his own whim.

mrpwnd

Bench
Please tell me he wasn't really sacked by email. Please!
Either way, it was likely to have been done without him present at a meeting to present his views. Anything other than that is simply poor taste and an overall reflection on the nature of our board.

strider

Post Whore

do you honestly think those guys are controlling what goes on? (they are on the FC club board for a start who don't control the NRL team anyway, the LC board do) .... they were just used to get votes and start the roll in the FC election - Kenny already jumped off the board when he got given the wenty coaching role

Gronk

Staff member
Sacking Parramatta coach Daniel Anderson will have consequences

MELBOURNE officials cleared the way for Stephen Kearney to join Parramatta yesterday as frustrated fans of the Eels took to the internet to vent their fury at the treatment of sacked coach Daniel Anderson.

Parramatta supporters dominated chat rooms and websites to voice their displeasure at the decision to terminate Anderson's contract with one year left to run. A large majority took aim at chairman Roy Spagnolo and his board.
Spagnolo swept to power 18 months ago with a promise to deliver success to a club which had craved it since the last of its four titles in 1986. Instead, he was under fire yesterday for the decision to remove the coach less than a year after Anderson took the club to the grand final.
Had the Eels not faced Melbourne, which fielded a side way over the salary cap, Anderson would in all likelihood have guided the club to a premiership. Not that those credentials mattered to the current board as they made the decision to end Anderson's tenure a year ahead of schedule, leaving supporters and players in a state of shock.

The backlash was so severe that some supporters are already eyeing next year's board elections -- to be held in April -- to remove the current directors.
If the elections were held tomorrow, Spagnolo and his board would be gone. Fortunately for them, they have seven months to save their positions and restore order to a club in disarray.
"You can't help but feel a little (bit responsible)," Eels five-eighth Daniel Mortimer said.
"We definitely didn't play our best this year. Maybe if we played better for Ando he would still be around.
"Unfortunately we don't really have any input on the decision. I hope to see him around. I am sure all his relationships with the players are strong. Unfortunately it's not up to the players.
"He has been a major player in my development so far. I have a lot to thank him for. That's why I would have liked to see him have another year."
Mortimer also called on officials to end the damaging leaks which emanated from the club this season. The situation became so dire that at one point senior players spoke to management in an attempt to plug the leaks.
"It does get a little bit disappointing when you pick up a newspaper or hear news and see that happen," Mortimer said of the leaks.
"You think, why wasn't I told about this. Unfortunately there is a leak at our club. It's not the best feeling to have around the club when anything you say can be leaked."

Kearney, who is also coach of New Zealand, is expected to be named as Anderson's replacement within days.
Storm chief executive Ron Gauci said he had spoken to Kearney about the Parramatta job but was yet to be contacted by the Eels.
He confirmed the Storm would not stand in Kearney's way should he want to join Parramatta. The worry for Kearney and any other coach is that the board has set the bar high with its decision to sack Anderson, who has guided teams to two NRL grand finals and enjoyed much success in England.
Clearly, anything less than a finals berth is a ground for sacking.
"If the circumstances are right, and Stephen approached us to head in that direction as something he really wanted to do, he has been a good servant to the club," Gauci said.
"I'm sure it's something we can resolve if it was something Stephen wanted to do."
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ave-consequences/story-e6frg7mf-1225930275122

stiffmeister

Bench
All of you guys saying crap to Sangreal need to shush and consider the following;

NO ONE KNOWS ALL THE FACTS.
Stop acting like you know everything and thus say it is all 3P's fault when WE DON'T KNOW THAT.

Twizzle summed it up perfectly; until we have all the information we can't go around making stupid allegations against 3P and Anderson and so on.....
Why don't you guys stop blindly assuming 3P/Anderson/etc are solely responsible for all this drama and wait for the truth to come out.
And don't say sh*t like "oh but I know what 3P are like" and all that crap, we don't know anything about what has been happening in the club.

You can't just say 3P is responsible for all the board leaks when we don't know that.
You can't say Daniel Anderson is solely responsible for the dramas because we don't know that.

Assumptions are nice when they don't implicate people falsely.
You all need to calm down and wait for the truth to come out....whether it condemns 3P or not.

I agree 100%.

To all the people putting crap on this board, wait first to get all the facts before forming an unbiased opinion.

Also stop putting Terry down. he's kind enough to come in here on his own accord to give us good information.

Grow up.

ParraAds

Juniors
I agree 100%.

To all the people putting crap on this board, wait first to get all the facts before forming an unbiased opinion.

Also stop putting Terry down. he's kind enough to come in here on his own accord to give us good information.

Grow up.

Here's a tip mate... many of people who are, as you so eloquantly put it, 'putting crap on the board' have plenty of facts as the basis for their opinion.

eeladdick

Juniors
i'd just like to give my opinion if i my,
I have read nearly all the posts on this thread, i was baying for the boarda blood and saying thats it the club can get stuffed , but in reality , if you take the emotion away from it all, the correct decision has been made , we have high expectations on the board to deliver , and in turn they have high expectations on the coach,
when you look in detail at the years performance , player selections and game plans , interchanges at the correct time of the game etc,etc did you always feel the coach was performing, did you come away from a game saying we performed to our best ,
Well Da did not perform , his record as stated on here in a post was 8 weeks in the top 8 out of 52, not good really , yeah GF last year, yes its harsh but, in any other buisness the same would have happened to, unfortunatly under performance will not cut it , and i remember a few times this year people questioning Da choices on here, so really was it a bad decision or just a board with high expectations demanding a high performance for an above average pay packet....
and with this in mind i hope that all grades get looked at for thier respective performances , cos it was total crap ... lets hope we can move on and put this behind us ,
what ever happens we will still support our club through thick and thin , whoever coaches it and which ever board runs it , and especially which ever player pulls on the blue and gold ,

parra pete

Referee
lol

players are not happy and it's a pretty safe bet the leaks won't stop

the club is a rabble atm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"What ye sow, so shall ye reap"..
The Board has achieved State of Origin within the Eels ranks... Mate V Mate.
They all need to get along to Hillsong, and PTL (that's Praise the Lord, and not Pass the Loot)

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
i'd hate to dissapoint anyone waiting for "all the facts" - cos you'll never get them .... as always its just a matter of peicing together bits and pieces from here and there and choosing who/what you will believe

Gronk

Staff member
i'd hate to dissapoint anyone waiting for "all the facts" - cos you'll never get them .... as always its just a matter of peicing together bits and pieces from here and there and choosing who/what you will believe

Love to know Parra are taking Fitzy to the Supreme Court. f**k me it would cost a fortune. I hope it's worth while and not agenda based.

If what I've heard is the truth - 3P are a bunch of grubs. They are lower than a snakes belly and we, as members, must hold them accountable.

eel01s

Bench
i'd just like to give my opinion if i my,
I have read nearly all the posts on this thread, i was baying for the boarda blood and saying thats it the club can get stuffed , but in reality , if you take the emotion away from it all, the correct decision has been made , we have high expectations on the board to deliver , and in turn they have high expectations on the coach,
when you look in detail at the years performance , player selections and game plans , interchanges at the correct time of the game etc,etc did you always feel the coach was performing, did you come away from a game saying we performed to our best ,
Well Da did not perform , his record as stated on here in a post was 8 weeks in the top 8 out of 52, not good really , yeah GF last year, yes its harsh but, in any other buisness the same would have happened to, unfortunatly under performance will not cut it , and i remember a few times this year people questioning Da choices on here, so really was it a bad decision or just a board with high expectations demanding a high performance for an above average pay packet....
and with this in mind i hope that all grades get looked at for thier respective performances , cos it was total crap ... lets hope we can move on and put this behind us ,
what ever happens we will still support our club through thick and thin , whoever coaches it and which ever board runs it , and especially which ever player pulls on the blue and gold ,

I cannot argue with anything you have written. However I will say that everyone in the club needs to act in a professional manner.

What have you heard?

I'm not sure how much you can buy into what I've heard. But what I've heard confirms all the rumours being flung around in the media. A deal with Kearney has 'unofficially' been locked in for a while and Anderson received news of his firing first through the media and then by email.

I'll repeat what I said earlier in that I'm not sure how much to buy into what I've been told. So take it with a pinch of salt. But if true, it is a shocking way to handle the dismissal of an employee.

I'm not sure how much you can buy into what I've heard. But what I've heard confirms all the rumours being flung around in the media. A deal with Kearney has 'unofficially' been locked in for a while and Anderson received news of his firing first through the media and then by email.

I'll repeat what I said earlier in that I'm not sure how much to buy into what I've been told. So take it with a pinch of salt. But if true, it is a shocking way to handle the dismissal of an employee.

I have heard to same story but about a different employee of the club.

Latest posts