What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pet hates in gyms

Noa

First Grade
Guys who wear skinny-style trackies. If you dont want to look big, stay the f**k away from the gym you weirdos besides which it looks so gay.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
I bet most of you blokes sit on your lounge drinking beer watching mediocre television then you look at us on weekends and think were over grown "meatheads - steroid munchers" bla bla bla , this science of bodybuilding is a very serious sport with serious dedication, im reading some serious lacklustre comments here , all there pet hates go up and tell them how you feel? , furthermore i will release a secret of the bodybuilding world , bodybuilding is an illusion weight is not paramount .form the pump and the burn are.

Gay.

DeeJ

Bench
The thing I don't like at the gym is people who do 15kg barbell curls or something stupid at the weight rack. If the weights aren't too to carry over to your station then you have no business standing in the way there. It's very annoying when they are right in front of whatever you need to pick up and use.

Also some guy the other day asked me to spot him for bench press 4 x 100kg. He lifted it once by himself the whole set and I had to do more and more work. By the 4th rep I was straining myself to get it up for him.

Last edited:

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
Deej....in all fairness, just be honest with both of them. People need to be told for them to realise.

Noa

First Grade
Working out in flanno's, and whats even worse is two blokes, who are obviously friends both wear em to the gym to work out in.

What up with that.

The Major

Bench
I piss myself laughing at the heroes who have heaps big upper bodies and wear tracky pants to the gym with singlets in the middle of summer (and winter).... (most notably middle eastern gym users) because they have legs like sticks and are too scared to show them. They wouldnt know a leg press if it landed on them. Upper bodies like arnie (just ask them) and carves and quads like a 12 year old.

sooperdooper

First Grade
i dont have to many pet hates in the gym.....

the only one i have is: People not cleaning up after themselves... eg: not putting dumbells back.

I have no problem with people grunting (even if the weight seems light to me) as it might be heavy to them...

I have no problem with people who just do continueous biceps curls (it is there choice to train that part over and over - not mine)

Everyone has a choice in how they train so it doesnt bother me what anyone else does with there training - i only care how i train.

You can move dumbells around and use them how you want - however when you finish with them put them back.

I hate when i go on the leg press or bench press and someone has loaded up 400kg on them and hasn't put the weights away when i can only do 1/10th of that weight

sooperdooper

First Grade
I hate when i go on the leg press or bench press and someone has loaded up 400kg on them and hasn't put the weights away when i can only do 1/10th of that weight

why use the leg press? i would definately rather be squating that using a leg press...

if you need to use 400kg on something it isnt doing its job for you... it is for your ego

Brutus

Referee
Good looking women that drop their guts when doing squats.

This absolute stunner was getiing spotted during a squat session then let one rip.

She burst out laughing after it. I was on the punching bag beside her and could smell the horrid thing.

I will never look at that chick the same way again.

GuardDog

Juniors
Good looking women that drop their guts when doing squats.

This absolute stunner was getiing spotted during a squat session then let one rip.

She burst out laughing after it. I was on the punching bag beside her and could smell the horrid thing.

I will never look at that chick the same way again.

:lol: thats awesome but they're only human and high protein diets do make most fart more.I'd happily wear the stench if i can get close enough to "spot" her being a stunner

Frailty

First Grade
hard to believe this crap happens these same ppl need to include heavy squats to their program...skinny jeans are for pencil neck homos

Best I saw two days ago...

A guy in skinny jeans, work boots, and a flanno shirt!

Tom Shines

First Grade
why use the leg press? i would definately rather be squating that using a leg press...

if you need to use 400kg on something it isnt doing its job for you... it is for your ego

Or, you want to make sure you work til fatigue without worrying if you drop a weight on your neck?

Yes, if I had the choice I'd squat instead of leg press, but not when training solo.