What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzgerald v Parramatta

carson

Juniors
Bit late to be drawing a line in the sand now...why didn't these rules get enforced 2 years ago?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
:lol: true.

Still disgusted how much is kept from members these days.... There's a pic of a new CEO in the latest newsletter - Bob Bentley. But no bio or hello or announcement or anything. Communication has gone backwards since Ovo's days.

It seems very strange indeed.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Twiz,

You know I was a very good boy 2 years ago, and I still intend on being a good boy. :D Can we break the rules now for good behaviour.

Col.

I appreciate what your saying Col and you are right, but I can't have one rule for you and a different rule for others.

As you can see League Unlimited have now been dragged into these not so ethical tactics and it ends here.

cheers

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I'm so sick of this sh*t.

Aren't they supposed to be running primarily, a rugby league team, for the community, and ultimately, a club that should be to the benifit of the community, that helps fund said league team?

I really am disillusioned about all this, in so many ways.

You lot can all try and be clever ponces and talk your legal jargon sh*t, and the club and Fitz can carry on going 10 rounds in the ring fighting petty battles over egos.
What I'd just like is a bunch of people who care enough about the club to get together and put the club at heart, and do their best to make it as successful as possible.
Maybe I'm dreaming.

Suity

This shows we have so much more in common Suity. I totally agree with you... you are not dreaming.... All the sh*t that happened before leading to the sh*t happening now is the SAME sh*t..... those at the top have lost sight of what it means to be caretakers/custodians of the Eels Rugby League community... They have become bucking billy-goat dictators ........ they have lost connection (or they never had any connection) with the Eels dream we all live for. How do the Eels community at large benefit from such executive power-plays????? Instead of hens laying eggs to benefit the community at large, they are too distracted with bullsh*t creating no substance to benefit the Eels community with. What a drainpipe of substance wastage this is............

Suitman

Post Whore
This shows we have so much more in common Suity. I totally agree with you... you are not dreaming.... All the sh*t that happened before leading to the sh*t happening now is the SAME sh*t..... those at the top have lost sight of what it means to be caretakers/custodians of the Eels Rugby League community... They have become bucking billy-goat dictators ........ they have lost connection (or they never had any connection) with the Eels dream we all live for. How do the Eels community at large benefit from such executive power-plays????? Instead of hens laying eggs to benefit the community at large, they are too distracted with bullsh*t creating no substance to benefit the Eels community with. What a drainpipe of substance wastage this is............

If that's what you think, you ARE disillusioned.
How about, next time you go to a game, you actually make an effort to go and chat with a few directors. They are always available and willing to talk. They aren't that hard to find, and believe it or not, are not immune to criticism.
You may NOT agree with what they say, (like me on many occassions) but at least you will have informed yourself of an opinion, unlike many here who prefer to take the Telecrap's or Hadley's word for things.
At least you will have then heard BOTH sides of the story.
It makes it much easier to make a judgement call then, IMO.
From what I have read though, you seem to have already made up your mind. Shame really, without knowing both sides of the ledger.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
Not many people went up and sought out previous directors two years ago - in fact they were criticised for not actively seeking us out.

Two years ago it was ok to form an opinion based on the Telegra3Ph, without getting both sides of the legder or informing ourselves first.

Just saying... spot the hypocrisy?

Not many people went up and sought out previous directors two years ago - in fact they were criticised for not actively seeking us out.

Two years ago it was ok to form an opinion based on the Telegra3Ph, without getting both sides of the legder or informing ourselves first.

Stop being a revisionist ;-)

Jodeci

Bench
If that's what you think, you ARE disillusioned.
How about, next time you go to a game, you actually make an effort to go and chat with a few directors. They are always available and willing to talk. They aren't that hard to find, and believe it or not, are not immune to criticism.
You may NOT agree with what they say, (like me on many occassions) but at least you will have informed yourself of an opinion, unlike many here who prefer to take the Telecrap's or Hadley's word for things.
At least you will have then heard BOTH sides of the story.
It makes it much easier to make a judgement call then, IMO.
From what I have read though, you seem to have already made up your mind. Shame really, without knowing both sides of the ledger.

Suity

Like I have said, if u want to raise a question, the board attend every home game and are around the Leagues before and after the game and most of them attend away games also.

strider

Post Whore

this is true .... i remember people getting very narky about them not getting on the forum to tell us their inner thoughts .... personally I defended them not jumping on a internet forum cos I didn't think we should expect it of them ... the noobies haven't done anything of the sort either (altho we aren't in full election mode yet I gues :lol:)

I wonder if the same scrutiny will happen next election ..... I know sevens gets on here and tells us some stuff, but we have moved on from the 3P days .... will people be expecting "actual" board members to come online for chats?

like suity said - if you really want to say something, seek em out when they are around ... seems like they are very approachable

Last edited:

born an eel

Bench
this is true .... i remember people getting very narky about them not getting on the forum to tell us their inner thoughts .... personally I defended them not jumping on a internet forum cos I didn't think we should expect it of them ... the noobies haven't done anything of the sort either (altho we aren't in full election mode yet I gues :lol:)

I wonder if the same scrutiny will happen next election ..... I know sevens gets on here and tells us some stuff, but we have moved on from the 3P days .... will people be expecting "actual" board members to come online for chats?

like suity said - if you really want to say something, seek em out when they are around ... seems like they are very approachable
they are no longer allowed to voice their political views here.

maybe closer to election time a deal can be done for full disclosure of their associations and have an election thread.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
they are no longer aloud to voice their political views here.

maybe closer to election time a deal can be done for full disclosure of their associations and have an election thread.

* allowed, he said aloud.

clapping.gif

Sangreal 86

Juniors
there was no need 2 years ago

bullsh*t....I for one was far more political with my post 2 years ago than the half a dozen posts you pulled of mine yesterday.

What I posted yesterday was fact and can be proven beyond doubt, and thus answers the questions and misinformation being posted on this forum.

Appears very obvious that the truth will be selectively displayed by the administrator as it appeases his agenda, and leave disgraceful illinformed comment on good people representing this club.

Well done mate.

strider

Post Whore
they are no longer allowed to voice their political views here.

oh thtas right ..... oh well - thats good - at least no one will be bitching about businessmen not posting on a stupid internet forum :thumn

El Diablo

Post Whore
bullsh*t....I for one was far more political with my post 2 years ago than the half a dozen posts you pulled of mine yesterday.

What I posted yesterday was fact and can be proven beyond doubt, and thus answers the questions and misinformation being posted on this forum.

Appears very obvious that the truth will be selectively displayed by the administrator as it appeases his agenda, and leave disgraceful illinformed comment on good people representing this club.

Well done mate.

you need to read this
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=6971770&postcount=71
I am returning this thread back to the Parramatta Eels forum for further discussion.

This thread was removed on Friday last following an email received by League Unlimited from some one alleging to represent a legal firm from Parramatta.

We have investigated the source and I have also spoken to the legal firm who have told me they have been misrepresented.

So who ever you are, please take you political games elsewhere. We have forwarded your email and IP address to the solicitors so you can be traced.

As a result of this misrepresentation League Unlimited will no longer host any posts for political gain from any member associated with or directly involved in the boards elections. You are all welcome to join in any discussion regarding rugby league as is everyone.

To our members, please do not speculate on who maybe behind this attempted scam as your posts will be removed. We don't know and it will be up to the the legal firm who was misrepresented to find out. They are under no obligation to notify us of their findings.

Cheers