What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Eels stars Mick Cronin, Bob O'Reilly and Peter Wynn consider rebel ticket

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Twizzle Sir....Mr Administrator....whats MITS has posted here is fact, just as I did yesterday....why is MITS fact allowed and my 6 posts with fact are punted.

because he is not here for political gain sir, but again you already knew that

El Diablo

Post Whore
This thread would be classified as political......would it not.

As a result of this misrepresentation League Unlimited will no longer host any posts for political gain from any member associated with or directly involved in the boards elections. You are all welcome to join in any discussion regarding rugby league as is everyone.

Isnt there somewhere else within the forums, like the Fight Club, that this thread can be taken?

I really dont think the continuation of this thread does anything for stability within the rank and file supporters. If anything, it just continues to show how splintered our club is, and therefore, could easily be used by people to dissuade others from being involved in this once glorious club.

Arent threads like this, highlighting the bitching that the media are feeding off?

I think its time that someone from outside of the club, free from the internal machinations, be appointed. Someone ala John O'Neill.

Thats all I am going to say, because I am not involved, dont know the "full" story, and nor do I want too.

(Too many chiefs & not enough indians, if you ask me)

Jodeci

Bench
what problem?

The garbage that is going on with members posting agenda's and the in house fighting between members.

The thread is in regards to the polictics of the election and as stated no one can post pretty much anything as we are not involved with the election.

The garbage that is going on with members posting agenda's and the in house fighting between members.

The thread is in regards to the polictics of the election and as stated no one can post pretty much anything as we are not involved with the election.

You can post what ever you like unless you are an appointed on line spokes person for a Ticket or indeed a person running for the board. Unless you are either of them, as far as I can see it, game on?

fish eel

Immortal
You can post what ever you like unless you are an appointed on line spokes person for a Ticket or indeed a person running for the board. Unless you are either of them, as far as I can see it, game on?

So how does that get policed?

It's an anonymous forum.

Anyone can join this forum and post similar to Bart or Jake but not disclose they're name and say they're running.

But those who do can't post?

Or am I missing something?

Best solution - we all stfu and talk footy

Suitman

Post Whore

It's an anonymous forum.

Anyone can join this forum and post similar to Bart or Jake but not disclose they're name and say they're running.

That's what I don't get.
Anyone can get on and post anything they want as a rumour, or even unsubstantiated slander, such as calling people liars, as long as they aren't involved in electioneering or campaigning? :?

Suity

El Diablo

Post Whore
That's what I don't get.
Anyone can get on and post anything they want as a rumour, or even unsubstantiated slander, such as calling people liars, as long as they aren't involved in electioneering or campaigning? :?

Suity

no they can't. the guidelines apply to things like those

forward pass

Coach
That's what I don't get.

Suity

... and MITS has admitted to being good mates with our former chairman and sevens is good mates with many of the current board. What exactly is the difference?

Has sevens actually been appointed as an official spokesman? And isn't MITS an unofficial spokesman for former members?:?

It's an anonymous forum.

That's what I don't get.

Suity

I think it is going to have to be content.

Stuff like,

{New Poster with 3 Posts or Sevens or Parra Futures or the other usernames created during the last campaign} I like X Campaign and I think everyone should vote for X candidate because of Y and Z

Might get deleted, were as us 3 and a few others, who are known to the forum and known to not have links to the campaign's would be allowed to discuss such things.

Either way this is for the protection of LU and not as was posted about the fractioning of the Eels fan base.

Suitman

Post Whore
I think it is going to have to be content.

Stuff like,

{New Poster with 3 Posts or Sevens or Parra Futures or the other usernames created during the last campaign} I like X Campaign and I think everyone should vote for X candidate because of Y and Z

Might get deleted, were as us 3 and a few others, who are known to the forum and known to not have links to the campaign's would be allowed to discuss such things.

Either way this is for the protection of LU and not as was posted about the fractioning of the Eels fan base.

Sorry mate, but Seven's has had stuff deleted and said a lot less than some of us have in the past. Forward Pass said it best.

Suity

... and MITS has admitted to being good mates with our former chairman and sevens is good mates with many of the current board. What exactly is the difference?

Has sevens actually been appointed as an official spokesman? And isn't MITS an unofficial spokesman for former members?:?

I am no ones spokesman, official or not. As I have said since the last FC elections I am not getting involved.

Where as I believe in the last elections Sevens was introduced as such, perhaps by future's. He also was a nominee for the board but failed to meet membership criteria.

Suitman

Post Whore
PS. I'm not arguing LU's crackdown and can understand why they are doing it. It just seems as though there is some grey areas that need to be addressed atm. That is all.

Suity

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

I'm a bit surprised you cant see the difference. MITS has been a member here since day 1 and is clearly not here for political gain, it cant be much plainer than that. Just because he has mates at the club or involved with the election, then it doesn't mean he cant have an opinion.

Has sevens actually been appointed as an official spokesman?

You'd have to ask him but his posts are clearly for political gain for the benefit of his associates, and nothing to do with footy.

And isn't MITS an unofficial spokesman for former members?:?

I have no idea what you mean by that.

Latest posts