What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Chairman Spagnolo now a confirmed liar?

lingard

Coach
I posted it for your benefit because you seem to know little of the player you bear the name of.....ala` merkina Kinta....

So go and bite your arse.....:lol:

Solutions -----
1. GET some glasses then.

2..The Parramatta players of the sixties were my heroes - a time when Rugby League was more about loyalty than money and the blokes who ran the place were honourable. as well
..Fred (give us this man our Daly Fred) who, of course went on to become No 1 ticket holder for the Raiders, and I also had a great mate in Les McIntyre, the founding father of the Canberra Raiders...a great man who passed away earlier this year...

Thanks, Parra Pete. You`re right, I don`t know a lot about him. He was my father`s favourite player, and he even wanted to name me after him; so that is why I use his moniker. And I was wearing glasses!

Sangreal 86

Juniors
Just thinking, now that the Board has sacked DA following the end of season review of operations...

Spagnolo came out in the media after Ossie's trip to Melbourne to meet Kearney became public, and he was quoted as saying that DA would serve out his contract.

Given that Spagnolo is reported to be one of the Directors present who voted unanimously to cut DA's contract short, does that make our esteemed Chairman a proven liar? :shock:

(Sorry Mods that I haven't put the links to source articles in, but I don't think anything I've said is controversial, and the articles have been in wide public circulation?)

Mr administrator, this thread would be political as well would it not, and Roy Spagnolo slandered.

Didn't DA flick Brett Finch mid contract? Now DA has had the same thing done to him.....

So how can the people bagging the current board ... continue to still bag the board when DA had done the same thing to another person?

Where were the unethical cries and the gnashing of teeth back then? Pete, Bartman?? Did you guys call for DA's head because of such a dispicable act?

I bet you didn't.

born an eel

Bench
Didn't DA flick Brett Finch mid contract? Now DA has had the same thing done to him.....

So how can the people bagging the current board ... continue to still bag the board when DA had done the same thing to another person?

Where were the unethical cries and the gnashing of teeth back then? Pete, Bartman?? Did you guys call for DA's head because of such a dispicable act?

I bet you didn't.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good whinge,
http://www.parramattasun.com.au/news/local/news/general/brett-finch-quits-eels/1482042.aspx

Do you research anything before you post as you seem to post a lot of sh*t.

don't let the truth get in the way of a good whinge,
http://www.parramattasun.com.au/news/local/news/general/brett-finch-quits-eels/1482042.aspx

Do you research anything before you post as you seem to post a lot of sh*t.

Hey mate no need for anger here take it easy, You seem a little bitter.

If you for one second believe that Finch wasn't pushed out by DA and told by DA that he was not wanted then your are fool and very naive one at that. DA went to the extents to even pay him to play for Melbourne.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good case of hypocracy ;-)

ParraAds

Juniors
I'm not sure that using Brett Finch as a similar case to prove your point will really hold any value.

I think a lot of people are more concerned with the way it was handled, the sneakiness, the denials, the secret trips to Melbourne, the agenda behind it etc.

I'm not sure that using Brett Finch as a similar case to prove your point will really hold any value.

I think a lot of people are more concerned with the way it was handled, the sneakiness, the denials, the secret trips to Melbourne, the agenda behind it etc.

The greatest coach Wayne Bennett did the same thing at the Broncos with the Roosters. The Roosters had him all but signed until the info was leaked and the deal fell through. Your telling me that Politis told that current Roosters coach at that time that he was signing Bennett... I don't think so. Your telling me that Bennett told The bronocs what he was planning??

Every club does it. This whole jumping up and down by 3-4 members on this forum is agenda driven by people still bitter from the previous election. And bitter they are.

The greatest coach Wayne Bennett did the same thing at the Broncos with the Roosters. The Roosters had him all but signed until the info was leaked and the deal fell through. Your telling me that Politis told that current Roosters coach at that time that he was signing Bennett... I don't think so. Your telling me that Bennett told The bronocs what he was planning??

The difference there is that Bennett has the runs on the board. Kearney, not so much.

Also on Finch, Anderson came out and said, your not in my plans. Finch decided he couldn't play under those conditions and asked to leave.

Now the question is (and I know your not up for the conspiracy lines but) is this a case of
A) Ando asked for an extension and the board said, no we won't extend your contract, so we will pay you out
or
B) Ando put an ultimatum to the club, extend me or pay me out.

Each gets to the same point but puts the onus on a different person for the situation.

Gronk

Staff member

Every club does it. This whole jumping up and down by 3-4 members on this forum is agenda driven by people still bitter from the previous election. And bitter they are.

With due respect Jake, you are quite good and jumping up and down regarding matters which are close to your heart too. Take a chill pill and stop acting like the opinions of "those 3-4 people" here will have any real effect on the election results. ;-)

ParraAds

Juniors

That's a bit of a cop out, mate.

Sure, there are people who swing both ways for and against the current board, I'm happy to admit I'm against them for my own reasons. That doesn't mean I was in favour of the old board and that I'm bitter about them being booted. I'm sure many people think the same way.

The difference there is that Bennett has the runs on the board. Kearney, not so much.

Also on Finch, Anderson came out and said, your not in my plans. Finch decided he couldn't play under those conditions and asked to leave.

Now the question is (and I know your not up for the conspiracy lines but) is this a case of
A) Ando asked for an extension and the board said, no we won't extend your contract, so we will pay you out
or

Each gets to the same point but puts the onus on a different person for the situation.

Mits, I agree that Kearney doesn't have the runs on the board but the context I'm meaning it in is the ethical side.... The sneakiness as some have put it. Isnt the ethical side of things which has irked a few on here?All clubs do it and even the great coaches are involved. People are jumping up and down saying how our board could do this when it happens in every sport in Aus and around the world.

Regarding your two scenarios I agree same point but onus is on different persons.

Mits, I agree that Kearney doesn't have the runs on the board but the context I'm meaning it in is the ethical side.... The sneakiness as some have put it. Isnt the ethical side of things which has irked a few on here?All clubs do it and even the great coaches are involved. People are jumping up and down saying how our board could do this when it happens in every sport in Aus and around the world.

Regarding your two scenarios I agree same point but onus is on different persons.

Ethically, then believe the Bennett story is a little different.

The Story I have heard with Bennett is that he was courted and he made a decision then said "Tell your Coach" with the effort to organise clean transition. He was then headed off at the pass and the Roosters were left with their dicks in the wind. Not once during that season as I recall was Ricky's place at the club under any threat, or that the club was looking at its options or that Bennett could be moving south.

With Ando the story was he was still to be at the club next year, then he was to be reviewed at the end of the year, then he was punted and we didn't have a coach. Then we hired Kearney.

Yet with that story the Elephant in the room is Osbourne's flight to Melbourne. (From the Gold Coast I now gather).

There is no doubt all clubs do it, but the problem is with they way our club communicated to us, as far as I can see or Maybe it is the lack of professionalism that seems to have followed it. I don't know. Personally I would still prefer Anderson over Kearney but hey some people feel more comfortable this off season with the idea of a new coach and I guess that is what the club was aiming at.

lingard

Coach

or

That`s right, MITS. Unfortunately, the default position for a lot of people seems to be: just blame the board. Pity, really, since no-one seems to know the facts.

That`s right, MITS. Unfortunately, the default position for a lot of people seems to be: just blame the board. Pity, really, since no-one seems to know the facts.

And that is the biggest problem we have at the moment, communication. In reality it is the biggest problem we have had for the last 4 years maybe more.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
calvin.gif

mrpwnd

Bench
Well, forgive me if i'm wrong...
But didn't Ozzie confirm that DA's position as coach and his contract was safe earlier on in the year?
Now DA is gone and the point of the thread is to point out that he did lie about that.
Course, I can't remember exactly what was said then, but i'm fairly certain it was something along those lines.
I wonder how much of that detracted from fact.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think you'll find that ossie always said that DA has a contract until the end of 2011..

I can recall the question being asked of him by a radio broadcaster and he always reiterated that DA is contracted until 2011.

I've not heard the word safe mentioned at all! Spag also said that he expects DA to be coach next year however as with all clubs they will conduct a review at the end of the year..

where did anyone lie?