What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest Games of the Year

The Roosters Dragons/Dogs/Rabbits are a given...I think you can add Tigers (as mentioned by southern) to the list after being beaten 4 times last year.

And Roosters fans have the hide to accuse Souths fans of gloating about their charity shield victories! You had 3 perfectly reasonable wins during the premiership and 1 pre-season victory over a reserve grade side.

Big Pete

Referee
Still big for us - because we just love beating you arrogant merkins.

Or maybe just for you.

In general though...these matches haven't been big for some time.

macavity

Referee
Or maybe just for you.

In general though...these matches haven't been big for some time.

always one of the biggest drawing games for us - and you don't bring many fans compared to most of the Sydney clubs.

so seems its not just me.

Big Pete

Referee
always one of the biggest drawing games for us
Which really isn't saying much.

Certainly not something I'd call a huge draw, at least not in the past two seasons.

babyg

Juniors
Here's a question:

What are the biggest club games of the year - and when should they be played? I'm talking about traditional derbies/rivalries, new rivalries, blockbuster games, grand final replays, or games for special occassions etc
Matches like Broncos vs Cowboys, Rabbitohs vs Roosters, Dragons vs Sharks et al.

I believe we should be ensuring that all these major rivalries are played twice a season home and away - and that fans should be able to know exactly when these matchs will be on (dates and times) before the season starts.

For example - I think it would be interesting to play the grand final replay at the loser's home ground in April and then the return game at the winner's home ground a week or two later. Playing grand final replays past the midpoint of the season diminishes their significance, as it's a whole new game by that point - but fresh at the start of the season - you can feed of last year's passion.

Any how - any thoughts?

Totally agree with everything you said Mate.
Play the big ones twice a year and line them up so that there is a big game on every weekend so that the media has something to hype up. Book it in early for the fans to plan, the TV will likely show it anyway, and you have a competition that is promoting itself.

LRC

And Roosters fans have the hide to accuse Souths fans of gloating about their charity shield victories! You had 3 perfectly reasonable wins during the premiership and 1 pre-season victory over a reserve grade side.

It all adds up as far as the rivalry goes... Means sweet FA in reality as you note.. Just having a dig.

Latest posts