What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reckon we're finished.....

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Signing players for next year?
Personally i hope we have and are saving any left-over $$ for retaining our younger players and perhaps getting a marquee player

Besides the Seluini loss I think we are in the best position (Player Roster Wise)
Just would be nice to have a centre and another prop but hey anything could happen from now on

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
I wouldnt mind another hooking option if anything.
If heremaia goes down it leaves warriors with only mara.

They should look at getting Darin Kingi from Counties-Manukau & NZ Residents on 2nd tier contract.
Along maybe Houma from Mt albert probably the best NZ domestic players or some with potential to go further.

Just as good as mara imo.

strong as an ox, fit as - made shiet load of tacklet in national final, and got good variety in a hooker.

I wouldnt mind another hooking option if anything.
If heremaia goes down it leaves warriors with only mara.

They should look at getting Darin Kingi from Counties-Manukau & NZ Residents on 2nd tier contract.
Along maybe Houma from Mt albert probably the best NZ domestic players or some with potential to go further.

Just as good as mara imo.

strong as an ox, fit as - made shiet load of tacklet in national final, and got good variety in a hooker.

True point makes me wonder why management let Nafe Seluini go when we dont have many options to cover that position. Who in our vulcans or unders 20's teams could we go for?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Shame we didn't retain Nafe.
I'm missing him already.

I used to be of the opinion that it wasn't a huge loss but I've actually changed my mind in the last while (probably after the last JKs game).

So our hooking rotation is looking like being Heremaia and Hohaia now, seeing Henderson is gone?

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
Richard Villasanti is looking to play local footy in Ipswich just outside of Brisbane for a couple of hundred a game.
He could be a cheap and worthy gamble? If not for the Warriors, then certainly for the Vulcans

Rich102

Staff member
I used to be of the opinion that it wasn't a huge loss but I've actually changed my mind in the last while (probably after the last JKs game).

So our hooking rotation is looking like being Heremaia and Hohaia now, seeing Henderson is gone?

Heremaia and Mara I would think.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
True point makes me wonder why management let Nafe Seluini go when we dont have many options to cover that position. Who in our vulcans or unders 20's teams could we go for?

Well it could be one of two reasons.

That Nafe style wont translate into FG form and he relies one a weak ruck defense to scoot out of dummy half.

That they have stuck behind heremaia and mara and expect Nafe to getter better opportunties elswhere (probably true).

Me personally have liked him since day one.
He was a fullback / wing - he has carved up as bench hooker - but perhaps that might not be his best position in first grade.

No options in Warriors 20s yet. all too young.

I'l say it again Darin Kingi should be in 2nd tier system.
Had he had the benefit of playing NYC infront of all cameras & limelight he would be up their with mara.

Played some games for vulcans & Impressed - but was stuck behind warriors contracted-mara for starting hooker. So went back to fox for more gametime.