What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35,000 tickets sold for Eden Park

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
So they must have closed 337 and 328 in the West Stand and the whole top row of the East Stand. They must have just opened up the top of the South stand the other day (when i bought my tickets) as they said that was all that is left.

Why dont they just open up the whole ground?

RedVee

First Grade
So this ground runs east-west like the old Sydney Sportsground? I guess it doesn't matter unless you play afternoon matches.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Wales/Walalbies > Eden Park
Ireland/Springboks > Eden Park
England/All Blacks > Eden Park

All 3 of those rugby games will rape the Eden Park crowd.

Deacon

First Grade
So this ground runs east-west like the old Sydney Sportsground? I guess it doesn't matter unless you play afternoon matches.

yer not many left in the world these days, cant think of many of the top of my head

Chook Norris

First Grade
Tomorrow night's Four Nations doubleheader at Eden Park has a chance of threatening the all-time record for the biggest rugby league crowd in New Zealand. By late this afternoon close to 40,000 tickets had been sold, ensuring the attendance for tomorrow's England-Papua New Guinea and New Zealand-Australia double bill will be close to the best in the game's history in this country.

The record was set at Eden Park the last time rugby league was played there when the Kiwis played Australia in front of a crowd of 47,363 in the 1988 World Cup final.

"Tickets have been selling extremely well and we're excited about having such a huge crowd at Eden Park tomorrow night," said New Zealand Rugby League chief executive Jim Doyle.

"There are still tickets available, though, and we'd encourage fans to buy them before the game or to come along and buy them at the gate tomorrow.

"It would be tremendous for Benji Marshall and his players, for the Four Nations and for the game in New Zealand if sports fans could fill Eden Park up tomorrow night."

http://www.voxy.co.nz/sport/eden-park-set-40000-plus-rugby-league-crowd/5/70751

won't break the RL record, but looking at a very solid crowd

shiznit

Coach
Wales/Walalbies > Eden Park
Ireland/Springboks > Eden Park
England/All Blacks > Eden Park

All 3 of those rugby games will rape the Eden Park crowd.
WTF?? you do realise that NZ has a population of 4 million as opposed to GB & Ireland who have over 60 million...

WaznTheGreat

Referee
WTF?? you do realise that NZ has a population of 4 million as opposed to GB & Ireland who have over 60 million...

Wales = Approx 3 million people

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...-ruthless-streak/story-e6frf55l-1225948523323

"The UK recession has hit the working class game in Wales, with only around 53,000 tickets sold for the 74,000-seat stadium clash, locals blaming high ticket prices and the upcoming visits from New Zealand and South Africa."

You know your a great sport when 53,000 is seen as disapointing:cool:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
:lol:Using 4 million people as excuse when Wales has 3 million people:lol:

53,000 + Wales game > 40k at most Eden Park :lol:

Goddo

Bench
FFS. Haynetrain is getting worse if thats possible.

Go easy on the LSD dopey. You won't have two brain cells to bang together at this rate.

NRLMad

Juniors
HayneTrain = Muppet; Union Apologist.

Did anyone think they'd sell 40,000 tickets for this week's game before the 4Nations started? Also, most people didn;t like the idea of playing 2 games at the same venue (undercard). To me this has proven a success. Samoa/Tonga before Australia/PNG drew it's own supporters whilst we only had to pay 1 stadium fee. It was also televised as the 2ng game was televised...

RL needs to do a "Millenium Magic" Concept on NZ. Potentially, each club could attract 5% of their memberships from there & continue to bring across good quality youngsters from NZ.

NZ = RU; If we strike at it's heart the whole of RU will be aftershocked!
It's time for war!

Latest posts