What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney and French Rugby Union Set to Pounce on Greg Inglis

drago brelli

Bench
Would be great to see Inglis play as a fullback. That's if Souths get him. Someone is going to have to get his head right. One of the best players, for sure, but a bit of a bludger.

Galeforce

Bench
i wonder if there is a linkage to 2012 coach , the talk re Bellamy if real may be a influencer on Inglis and visa versa

BunniesMan

Immortal
We do seem to have depth at Centre, so Inglis at fullback could kill two birds with one stone, Mansour could always go to the wing when he does crack 1st grade. But there is the argument that you shouldn't move your best player out of position to cover a hole. But for all we know Inglis might be even more effective at fullback. I guess that's a decision for smarter men than me.

As for our halves, i think out of Sandow, Sutton, Mundine and Reynolds, we can find 2 long term halves and a lock (out of Sutton and Mundine).

DC_fan

Coach
I have been listening to Bruno Cullen speak on Fox Sports. He believes Inglis is headed overseas.

BranVan3000

Coach
We do seem to have depth at Centre, so Inglis at fullback could kill two birds with one stone, Mansour could always go to the wing when he does crack 1st grade. But there is the argument that you shouldn't move your best player out of position to cover a hole. But for all we know Inglis might be even more effective at fullback. I guess that's a decision for smarter men than me.

As for our halves, i think out of Sandow, Sutton, Mundine and Reynolds, we can find 2 long term halves and a lock (out of Sutton and Mundine).

I think Reynolds will oust Sandow. Sandow just can't seem to pull his head in and ended the last season on a sour note. Plus you gotta love the homegrown heroes, Reynolds is one of the kids who grew up in the area loving Souths and always wanting to play for them.

I don't think we owe Sandow anything if he doesn't show some drastic improvements.

Inglis to fullback would transform your team IMO. People forget how good a fullback he was , gets him involved so much more.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I think Reynolds will oust Sandow. Sandow just can't seem to pull his head in and ended the last season on a sour note. Plus you gotta love the homegrown heroes, Reynolds is one of the kids who grew up in the area loving Souths and always wanting to play for them.

I don't think we owe Sandow anything if he doesn't show some drastic improvements.

Yeah I think Sandow only has 1 more offseason left, if he doesn't make the most of it and show improvement in the early part of the season Reynolds will be waiting in the shadows for an opportunity. Reynolds and Mundine in the halves and Sutton at lock could work.

Inglis to fullback would transform your team IMO. People forget how good a fullback he was , gets him involved so much more.

Good point, sometimes teams don't make the most of their big talents when they put them at centre or wing. I'd love to see what he can do with the #1 on his back.

BunniesMan

Immortal
And where do they play Wesser??? for Norths???
Inglis or not, what a woeful decision to re-sign him to a 1yr contract.

Yeah resigning Wesser was unnecessary, but it was done before Mansour really showed up and long before anything with Inglis came up. Hopefully he can be nudged into retirement at some point, maybe we can lure him out with a job, he's been a good role model for a long time.

BranVan3000

Coach
Re-signing Wesser was not a bad move, it was only a one year extension. Resigning Talanoa for 3 years was ridiculous unless he's getting minimum wage

The guy is hopeless

boo_boo

Juniors
Rusty's charm can only go so far & if we do sign Ingliss then we will need to sort out our problems with the halves as a priority.
No Slater, Smith or Cronk at Souths means Ingliss will not just be a standout as far as talent goes it will also mean that he will expect a high standard of service throughout the team if he is going to be satisfied that he made the right decision to sign with us & play to the best of his capabilities.

Sandow was outstanding at the back end of last year. When Sutton was injured Sandow really stepped it up. If he carries that form into next year, he'll be right.

BranVan3000

Coach
Rusty's charm can only go so far & if we do sign Ingliss then we will need to sort out our problems with the halves as a priority.
No Slater, Smith or Cronk at Souths means Ingliss will not just be a standout as far as talent goes it will also mean that he will expect a high standard of service throughout the team if he is going to be satisfied that he made the right decision to sign with us & play to the best of his capabilities.

Our halves are brilliant when they click. There's quite a few examples of it last year, eg Tigers game.

Not to mention we've probably got the best distribution of raw talent across the park if he slots into FB

boo_boo

Juniors
I think consistency is a big concern BV3000.
With a player like Ingliss they would have to perform every week without fail.

rabs

Staff member
And where do they play Wesser??? for Norths???
Inglis or not, what a woeful decision to re-sign him to a 1yr contract.

easy in hindsight you fool
Wesser had a good if not brilliant season and provided plenty of stability at the back which was lacking previously. Good decision to re-sign him imo

heard that Inglis will become officially announced mid week

Latest posts