What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loyalty in sport: Who was worse?

Who was worse?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

badav

Bench
How could Greg of showed a lack of loyalty when he had never even worn so much as a Brisbane training strip? The only thing lacking in this thread at the moment is logic.

Yeah i know, i mean its exactly the same as Luke Lewis who has never put on a Souths jersey in his life, but for some reason completely unknown to everyone with any sense of "logic" as you put it, Souths fan's seem to see it different and think he's a dog.

Wheres the logic?

morley101

Juniors
loyalty is 2 way...
On August 26, he told a Sydney newspaper Souths could not re-sign utility back Luke Capewell because the club had no cap space.

No loyalty to Capewell.. just BS..Souths did not want him..

kmav23

Juniors
this is a business with millions involved... a handshake is not valid as there as so many details in a contract that can make it void...

will you sell you house over a handshake ?

we dont know the exact details.... could be misunderstanding or change of mind whatever.... thats why you have a legal document...

kmav23

Juniors
If you have a handshake agreement with your boss,, and he leaves the company its worthless

Gippsy

Bench
No one's mentioned Mundine yet?

Him & Tallis are hard to beat, but Inglis is up there with them. Starting to look like he only stayed with Storm because they cheated the cap. And, who could trust a born & bred New South Welshman who prefers to play for Queensland?

mxlegend99

Referee
I'm not sure how anyone could question the loyalty of Luke Lewis. He had spent his entire career at the Panthers and had never played for the Souths. Backing out on a deal with the Rabbitohs to stay with the Panthers (regardless of reasoning) isn't a lack of loyalty. If anything he showed loyalty to his club despite them not deserving it - we had made little to no effort to keep him at the time and it wasn't until Matt Elliott moved him and gave him more responsibility that we pulled our fingers out and made him an offer. While the ethics are questionable, everything was within the rules.

BunniesMan

Immortal
No one's mentioned Mundine yet?

Him & Tallis are hard to beat, but Inglis is up there with them.
Starting to look like he only stayed with Storm because they cheated the cap. And, who could trust a born & bred New South Welshman who prefers to play for Queensland?
Ironically "him & tallis" were involved in talking Inglis into going to Souths.
I'm not sure how anyone could question the loyalty of Luke Lewis. He had spent his entire career at the Panthers and had never played for the Souths. Backing out on a deal with the Rabbitohs to stay with the Panthers (regardless of reasoning) isn't a lack of loyalty. If anything he showed loyalty to his club despite them not deserving it - we had made little to no effort to keep him at the time and it wasn't until Matt Elliott moved him and gave him more responsibility that we pulled our fingers out and made him an offer. While the ethics are questionable, everything was within the rules.
That's the exact same thing people are crucifying Inglis for. While I was dissapointed I had no hard feelings towards Lewis at the time, same thing in this situation with Inglis.

DC_fan

Coach
Loyalty in football died a long time ago. Players and clubs only think of themselves.

Tommy Anderson

Juniors
Inglis is no worse than any of the other dozens of players to do it before him, actually it isnt as bad as the ones who had signed contracts.

Souths have had a recent run of players doing it to them so karma gave one back

2003 - Chris Walker (Walked out 5 games into the season)
2004 - Terry Hill (Collected about $100K for pre season training Nov-Feb before retiring due to ongoing injuries only to sign for Manly in 2005
2006 - Shane Elford (Walked out on a deal to stay at the Tigers after winning premiership in 05)
2008 - Luke Lewis (enforces new rule about contracts not being valid until July and stays at Penrith)

I cant see Inglis being any worse than these players

Liddell

Juniors
loyalty is 2 way...
On August 26, he told a Sydney newspaper Souths could not re-sign utility back Luke Capewell because the club had no cap space.

No loyalty to Capewell.. just BS..Souths did not want him..

Real story, Capewell was offered a contract in June, and turned it down to try and prove his worth thinking it wasnt enough. He had at least a month to re-sign and didnt, and the contract was taken off the table.

How long should a club wait in your opinion? Till he gets no other offers?

Glen

Bench
Jamie Lyon is definitely the worst Judas in the modern era. It will take a big effort to top him

Lyon
Tallis
SBW
Mason

others which I've probably forgotten

For the Raiders, Schifcofske was terrible. As our captain, he told everyone he loved the club & was a sure thing to stay blah blah, then signed for the QLD Reds. A real dagger to the chest

Forktongue Henry was pretty bad, but I reckon he would have been pushed out for Furner soon enough anyway

Wests is Best

Juniors
Like it or not, a contract is not worth the paper its written on these days.
If a player really wants to go they will go. Some just brazenly walk out, others ask for a release.
But at the end of the day all a player has to do is play up off the field, and they would probably be sacked. Then they would be free to go to wherever they want to go all in a matter of weeks. If this were to deliberately occur, I would rate it worse than SBW.
Think it would not happen??