What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9: Willie Tonga could move to Parramatta

Prop Forward

Juniors
Parramatta in talks with Tonga for 2011.

Tonga is keen, is restless at cowboys and Neil Henry has told him he will be released if he wants to go.

Says he really enjoyed his 3 years at Parra before. He is close friends with Maitua.

Seems keen.

Last edited:

Prop Forward

Juniors
Wouldn't be a bad signing, but our outside backs are already good and we have Walker for depth...FFS SIGN A HALFBACK!

boxhead

First Grade
I would sign him. The tone of that whole media release and the words used indicate we are close to signing him apparently.
He would improve our team quite a bit....but this would be betting on our halves improving.

Eelogical

Referee
The only advantage I can see is that I can watch Parra games and Dads Army at the same time.

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't see the need for another centre. Would rather sign another utility if we cannot get a halfback.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Tonga would be a great buy. Tahu I only getting a 1 year deal so we could piss him off when we get a good halfback next year.

eel01s

Bench
I would nab Tonga if he was keen, after all, who says Tahu can't play on the wing?

Hayne
Burt/Tahu
Reddy
Tonga
Grothe

It would mean we have several options for the backline, which can only be a good thing.

True EEL

Bench
jesus h christ i don't get some people on this forum.....who could possibly want a class centre, a QLD origin and current Australian centre.....my god

sign him up.....

lingard

Coach
I would nab Tonga if he was keen, after all, who says Tahu can't play on the wing?

Hayne
Burt/Tahu
Reddy
Tonga
Grothe

It would mean we have several options for the backline, which can only be a good thing.

I agree, except:

Burt
Reddy
Tonga
Tahu/Grothe :shock:

The Colonel

Immortal
Tonga in our backline fixes a few problems on the left side defence..... adds more than Reddy does as well in attack.