What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead

First Grade
As Season 2010 has come to a close, it's fitting a new thread be created, one that hopefully isn't filled with so much garbage (of which I take sole responsibility for).

Here's hoping our signings for next year are ones we appreciate :)
There is no news to speak of at present.

Originally Posted by boxhead

Our confirmed signings for season 2011 include;

Chris Walker - ESL Winger
Billy Rogers - Melbourne Storm NYC Lock
Paki Afu - NYC Bulldogs Prop/2nd Row
Jordan Atkins - Titans Winger
Marmin Barba - NYC Bulldogs Fullback/Utility
Cameron Bruest - NYC Raiders Halfback
Reni Maitua - Un-signed (drug ban)
Manase Manoukafoa - Qld Cup Cowboys Prop
Casey Mcguire - Catalans Dragons (Super League) Utility
Brad Murray - NYC Roosters Halfback
Karl Filiga
Carl Webb - Cowboys Prop
Toby Keys
Eni Folau - West Tigers NYC Centre/Wing

Rumoured signings include;

Matt Orford - Bradford Bulls Halfback
Kyle Eastmond - Utility

Re-signed;
Daniel Mortimer
Jacob Loko
Ken Sio
Luke Burt
Justin Horo
Eric Grothe Junior
Timana Tahu - Confirmed, 1 year deal - not officially however.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
As Season 2010 has come to a close, it's fitting a new thread be created, one that hopefully isn't filled with so much garbage (of which I take sole responsibility for).

Here's hoping our signings for next year are ones we appreciate :)
There is no news to speak of at present.

(1) I agree. But I'm not holding my breath. Some jokesters will see to it that this thread gets bombarded with off topic sh*t.

(2) It's not your fault at all.

IFR33K

Coach
Ffs it's gonna be a hot day today....... Hopefully this thread can stay on topic

Gronk

Staff member
I hear that the atmosphere at the club right now is electric.

SlotMachines.jpg

dazeely

First Grade
Bradford yet to decide whether to release homesick halfback Matt Orford
The Australian November 24, 2010 12:00AM
HOMESICK Matt Orford's chances of returning to the NRL could take a nosedive by the end of the week.

Parramatta is poised to make a decision on whether to keep pursuing the halfback.

The Eels' decision would leave Canberra as the only option for the Bradford No 7 and the Raiders yesterday confirmed they were prepared to wait until the next move by his English club.

The Bulls have still not made a decision on whether they will release Orford from the final two years of his contract.

Parramatta chief executive Paul Osborne said yesterday he would speak to coach Stephen Kearney about whether he wants to keep chasing the veteran.

The Eels have been in the market for a quality half and have already been linked with retired stars Trent Barrett, Brett Kimmorley, and Wallaby Quade Cooper.

Kearney, who is back at the Eels after guiding New Zealand to a Four Nations title, is keen on Orford.

He played alongside the Manly premiership-winning halfback at Melbourne Storm.

"We haven't heard anything and we're going to make a decision on it over the next couple of days," Osborne said.

"It's dragged on long enough. Steve's back on deck now so I'll just see what he wants to do."

If the Eels pull out of the race, that would leave Canberra as Orford's only option with the Raiders desperate to find some cover for injured five-eighth Terry Campese.

Campese ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament in a semi-final against Wests Tigers and is not expected back on the field until the middle of next season.

The Raiders had also been linked with Kimmorley and Barrett this year and are keen to add some experience to their halves with their captain out of play.

The Bulls have already signed former Canberra halfback Marc Herbert, which gives the Raiders some hope that Orford will be released.

"We're in the dark and we understand he hasn't got a release yet and we can't really do anything until he does get a release," Raiders chief executive Don Furner said.

"I don't know anything will be known for another week or so, but certainly if he does get a release we'll try and get him."

Orford's manager, George Mimis, has not heard from Bulls officials for three weeks which is adding to the frustration for all concerned.

There is some suggestion the English Super League club could be waiting for its financial year to end on November 30 before deciding whether to release Orford.

If nothing has happened by that stage, then the Bulls will have to begin paying him for the second year of his three-season deal at the club.

"There's been no change and there's been no communication from the club for three weeks, so unfortunately there's nothing to report," Mimis said.

*http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...back-matt-orford/story-e6frg7mf-1225959720621

Last edited:

dazeely

First Grade
Bradford yet to decide whether to release homesick halfback Matt Orford
The Australian November 24, 2010
HOMESICK Matt Orford's chances of returning to the NRL could take a nosedive by the end of the week.

Parramatta is poised to make a decision on whether to keep pursuing the halfback.

The Eels' decision would leave Canberra as the only option for the Bradford No 7 and the Raiders yesterday confirmed they were prepared to wait until the next move by his English club.

The Bulls have still not made a decision on whether they will release Orford from the final two years of his contract.

Parramatta chief executive Paul Osborne said yesterday he would speak to coach Stephen Kearney about whether he wants to keep chasing the veteran.

The Eels have been in the market for a quality half and have already been linked with retired stars Trent Barrett, Brett Kimmorley, and Wallaby Quade Cooper.

Kearney, who is back at the Eels after guiding New Zealand to a Four Nations title, is keen on Orford.

He played alongside the Manly premiership-winning halfback at Melbourne Storm.

"We haven't heard anything and we're going to make a decision on it over the next couple of days," Osborne said.

"It's dragged on long enough. Steve's back on deck now so I'll just see what he wants to do."

If the Eels pull out of the race, that would leave Canberra as Orford's only option with the Raiders desperate to find some cover for injured five-eighth Terry Campese.

Campese ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament in a semi-final against Wests Tigers and is not expected back on the field until the middle of next season.

The Raiders had also been linked with Kimmorley and Barrett this year and are keen to add some experience to their halves with their captain out of play.

The Bulls have already signed former Canberra halfback Marc Herbert, which gives the Raiders some hope that Orford will be released.

"We're in the dark and we understand he hasn't got a release yet and we can't really do anything until he does get a release," Raiders chief executive Don Furner said.

"I don't know anything will be known for another week or so, but certainly if he does get a release we'll try and get him."

Orford's manager, George Mimis, has not heard from Bulls officials for three weeks which is adding to the frustration for all concerned.

There is some suggestion the English Super League club could be waiting for its financial year to end on November 30 before deciding whether to release Orford.

If nothing has happened by that stage, then the Bulls will have to begin paying him for the second year of his three-season deal at the club.

"There's been no change and there's been no communication from the club for three weeks, so unfortunately there's nothing to report," Mimis said.

*http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...back-matt-orford/story-e6frg7mf-1225959720621

dazeely

First Grade
Found this bit interesting :

SDM

First Grade
Cameron Phelps has been released by Wigan, he is clearly eels bound.

boxhead

First Grade
well I've been telling you for weeks that we're not signing anyone else...;-)

but hey, the more reliable folk on another site know more than me so..

It doesn't help to be hopeful for signings, remember I was just reporting that stuff. I didn't believe any of it for a second.

Don't worry mate, you are my trusted source :D

In any case, Matt Orford will almost definitely sign with the Raiders; the announcement could come as soon as today.
Sad but, well, what do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.