What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

sweet-as

Juniors
The 2011 SG Ball Squad:

Clay Robinson Brothers
Kieran Moss Windsor
Jordan Horo St Clair
George Jennings Windsor
Tekina Vailea St Clair
Tony Satini Glenmore Park
Ryan Wilson St Clair
Joshua Walker Emu Plains
Ben Heterick Brothers
James Greba Queensland
Zac McKay
Rhys Horton-Whybrow Riverstone
Jake Maklouf St Marys
Ben Bridekink St Marys
Dylan Ariu Windsor
Sam Hickey Emu Plains
Mitchell Manson
Ray Teuku Quakers Hill
Todd Graham
Pat Hollis Windsor
Dylan Cummings Glenmore Park
Peter Bent-Droussou St Marys
Ryan Schubert Windsor
Aaron Taavale Glenmore Park
Eathan Anderson Lower Mountains
Ian Riccardi Queensland
Bryce Cartwright St Marys
Wesley Taaga Windsor
Fred Pule New Zealand
David Anjelic Minchinbury
Tevita Vave St Marys
Jake Riggs Windsor
Reagan Cambell-Gillard Windsor
Joe-Lee Vaimasenvu St Marys
Michael Ross St Clair
Jakiel Fuimaono St Marys
Leonati Feiloakitao St Clair
Jake Attard St Clair
Wiki Tuavao St Marys
Brendan Heather Brothers
Reece Regan Brothers
Joel Waddell St Marys

Really can't see enough depth in the forwards, how do the NZ players go and what positions do they play?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Fred Pule is meant to be a very good Second Rower.

Riccardi is also a quality Australian Schoolboys signing.

Tuavao and Cartwright will also push for backrow spots.

Don't know much about the front rowers in the squad?

Looks to be some decent outside backs.

Anyone want to have a crack at the team?

micro

Juniors
1. B. Heterick
2. G. Jennings
3. T. Santini
4. R. Wilson
5. J. Walker
6. B. Bridekirk
7. M. Henry (Taree)
8. J. Fuimano
9. R. Regan
10. Joe-Lee
11. I. Riccardi
12. F. Pule
13. B. Cartwright
14.R. Campbell-Gillard
15. A. Tavaale
16 P. Hollis
17. W. tauvao

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Jakiel won't be playing next year unless he has a late change of heart.

Great backrow Penrith will have.

Penrith pushed a fair bit to get Mitchell Manson so i would imagine they have plans of using him in the 17.

micro

Juniors
Daz, yes i totally forgot about Manson, he will be in the 17 no doubt. Jackiel fronted for training this week, maybe he has had a change of heart. Mick Henry is a very talented half back from Taree and will be at training within a week. Very strong backline, academy coach mick withers says hetrick was super impressive at no1 for academy sg ball last year, Wilson and Santini make up the biggest centre pair going, jennings and Walker on the wings can finish.super backrow with depth, a selectors headache. Front row is strong at club level but may be tested at sg ball level week in week out?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Daz, yes i totally forgot about Manson, he will be in the 17 no doubt. Jackiel fronted for training this week, maybe he has had a change of heart. Mick Henry is a very talented half back from Taree and will be at training within a week. Very strong backline, academy coach mick withers says hetrick was super impressive at no1 for academy sg ball last year, Wilson and Santini make up the biggest centre pair going, jennings and Walker on the wings can finish.super backrow with depth, a selectors headache. Front row is strong at club level but may be tested at sg ball level week in week out?

If that is true about Jakiel that is absolutely sensational news! We needed him in the Front Row.

Manson played fullback for Woy Woy but also can play in the Halves.

Hearing you talking about the team has already got me pumped up for the season!

micro

Juniors
Jakiel won't be playing next year unless he has a late change of heart.

Great backrow Penrith will have.

Penrith pushed a fair bit to get Mitchell Manson so i would imagine they have plans of using him in the 17.
Daz, Penrith have secured Manson to play in the halves, most likely 5/8. This age needed some positions strengthened and i would say the purchases they have made are significant ones, cant wait to se them go around in the first trial against Cronulla early December.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Daz, Penrith have secured Manson to play in the halves, most likely 5/8. This age needed some positions strengthened and i would say the purchases they have made are significant ones, cant wait to se them go around in the first trial against Cronulla early December.

I didn't know the trials were so soon. If you go do you mind writing a quick report here for the rest of us?

So you think the halves will be:

6. Manson
7. Henry

With Maklouf going back to the Academy or staying in the squad?

micro

Juniors
I didn't know the trials were so soon. If you go do you mind writing a quick report here for the rest of us?

So you think the halves will be:

6. Manson
7. Henry

With Maklouf going back to the Academy or staying in the squad?
I think you will find Maklouf is penciled in for the wsas, Manson, Henry, Bridekirk are the front runners for the halves. Dylan ariou is believed to have gone to Manly.

stretcher

Juniors
I think you will find Maklouf is penciled in for the wsas, Manson, Henry, Bridekirk are the front runners for the halves. Dylan ariou is believed to have gone to Manly.
Everyone hasnt mentioned Todd Graham in the halves for sgball he came across from parra

ashton

Juniors
2011 Harold Matthews Squad

Name Club
Dalton Real St Marys
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak St Clair
Ben Cotton
Jayden Tavae St Clair
Lachlan Jackson St Marys
Joshua Jay Brothers
Chris Vaegaau St Marys
Bradley Burns St Marys
Anthony Aupaau Windsor
Aiden Glenville St Marys
Hayden Farmer St Marys
Robert Jennings Minchinbury
Amos Viiga St Clair
Jounior Marsters St Marys
Dylan Grigg Quakers Hill
Jarrod Redmond St Clair
Blake Milgate Minchinbury
Gregory Lekkis Lower Mountains
Logan Geyer Brothers
Albert Boney Minchinbury
Joshua grant Brothers
Tom Cettolin Brothers
Akeripa Tia-Kilifi Minchinbury
Jay Fuimaono St Marys
Mitchell Coleman St Clair
Trent Winterstein Minchinbury
Sam Kheiraallah St Clair
Micheal Saloum Windsor
Jordon Muna St Marys
Mathew Lupi St Clair
Zane Walford St Marys
Dennis Williams St Marys
Kyle Williams Minchinbury
Beau Ungounga Windsor
Tyrell Fuimaono St Marys
Oliver Clark Quakers Hill
Julian Pecora Quakers Hill
Dale Cadalbert Brothers
Iona Taiki Minchinbury
Mathew Lodge St Patricks
Dwayne Lemafa St Clair
Moses Leota St Marys
Bryon Sita Minchinbury
Mandela Vito St Marys
Isaac Harriosn Emu Plains
Reece Viemero Brothers

robson3

Juniors
Everyone hasnt mentioned Todd Graham in the halves for sgball he came across from parra
Todd was contracted to Parra for 2 years and now come over to Penrith...He was 5/8 in Wentworthville 17's Grand Final winning team...Brilliant kicking game and very 'smart' player...He will definately be in top 17...

lizziebra

Juniors
Some of these posts are bias and so incorrect it's not funny :cool: makes for great reading some of the rumours.

People don't turn up for training... must mean they have left the squad.

Jakiel is a pretty lazy trainer though, so no real suprise.

He was 5/8 in Wentworthville 17's Grand Final winning team...

Was he the kid who scored two tries and maybe set up one? Or maybe it was the 7... I cant remember?

Last edited:

robson3

Juniors
Some of these posts are bias and so incorrect it's not funny :cool: makes for great reading some of the rumours.

People don't turn up for training... must mean they have left the squad.

Jakiel is a pretty lazy trainer though, so no real suprise.

Was he the kid who scored two tries and maybe set up one? Or maybe it was the 7... I cant remember?

Not sure whether he scored in the grand final but kicked the winning goal in extra time...Great passing game also...Tall strong, solid boy..They reckon he has a great future

micro

Juniors
Not sure whether he scored in the grand final but kicked the winning goal in extra time...Great passing game also...Tall strong, solid boy..They reckon he has a great future
is this the same Todd Graham that was dropped from wsas sg ball team this year for the last three games due to poor performance? i think the team won at least two of the three games, even beating the roosters in the final round. Parramatta did not offer a new contract or select him in the sg ball squad. Penrith were asked if he could join and trial. Time will tell whether Todd has improved. On what many have seen over the past two years, he wont make the 17.

robson3

Juniors
is this the same Todd Graham that was dropped from wsas sg ball team this year for the last three games due to poor performance? i think the team won at least two of the three games, even beating the roosters in the final round. Parramatta did not offer a new contract or select him in the sg ball squad. Penrith were asked if he could join and trial. Time will tell whether Todd has improved. On what many have seen over the past two years, he wont make the 17.
Either way, lets hope they have a competitive team this year!:)