What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex Keath

Keep an eye out for this kid.

Only 18, he knocked back the Gold Coast AFL team to sign a 3yr contract with Cricket Victoria.

Last weekend he scored his maiden Premier Cricket century for Melbourne and then backed it up with 192* in the Futures League game yesterday against WA.

With a couple of injuries in the Victorian team he is a chance to make his Shield debut this week.

edit: been confirmed he is making his debut tomorrow against QLD... looks like mostly being a washout unfortunately.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
I am sure everyone here at League Unlimited will be watching every Victorian game from now on

Patorick

Staff member
Keep an eye out for this kid.

Only 18, he knocked back the Gold Coast AFL team to sign a 3yr contract with Cricket Victoria.

Last weekend he scored his maiden Premier Cricket century for Melbourne and then backed it up with 192* in the Futures League game yesterday against WA.

With a couple of injuries in the Victorian team he is a chance to make his Shield debut this week.

edit: been confirmed he is making his debut tomorrow against QLD... looks like mostly being a washout unfortunately.

What recent cricketer would you (or others) compare him to?

aussies1st

Staff member
Bit of a shame he isn't bowling, hopefully hes like Mitch Marsh in that when he bowls we get a surprise with his pace touching the 140km/h mark.

From what I saw of him in the u/19s WC he reminded me of Andrew McDonald with the way he bowled... but he was only 17 at the time and got plenty of development left in him.

He made a brisk 192* in the Futures League so he must be able to score at a reasonable rate.

Latest posts