What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

Flock

Juniors
what about michael ross from st clair in front row ?
heard they signed him, reagan gillard and tekina ?

Art Vandalay

Juniors
everyone is forgetting about sam hickey who is also a very good halve, injury stopped him from playin matts this year and was apprently going to get the nod in front of maklouf
also would any1 like to ahve a crack at HM first 17?

ranga

Juniors
everyone is forgetting about sam hickey who is also a very good halve, injury stopped him from playin matts this year and was apprently going to get the nod in front of maklouf
Maklouf is as tough as teak there is no way Sam is better than him in any aspect of the game and Im sure his team mates would back that up

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I have heard the boys are training very hard.

They did a river run at 7am yesterday morning.

With Jakiel now looking like he will play, i don't think there would be many SG Ball forward packs better than Penrith's.

micro

Juniors

With Jakiel now looking like he will play, i don't think there would be many SG Ball forward packs better than Penrith's.
i agree, with the astute buys added to the depth, they have size, ability and depth. Look closely at the backs, there also will be no better, size and ability of the outside backs is enormous, just need to get a halves combination to set them alight. Cant wait.

lizziebra

Juniors

Few vomits I hear :lol:

On Jakiel, the club has basically allowed him to do whatever he wishes his whole 'career' and it seems nothing has changed now, that ventures from St Marys through to Penrith. He wants to dance instead of football? Fine, but if he wants back into footy he cant just come straight back in when he pleases. More kids are working their butts off and miss training it's like they have committed a sin. With him, it's like there is nothing wrong with it.

Management need to make a tough decision on the kid.

stretcher

Juniors
Sam hickey is a midget he will get killed in ball this year and as for the ball training hard that was there first hard session this year matts are training harder apparently.........

stumpyone

Juniors
Tonight the Matts, Ball and 20's all trained, sorry were flogged tonight by Carl Jennings and his team of sadists,under the watchful eye of Jim Jones and staff. 400's 200's, walking on hands and feet, push ups, players were dropping all over. Interesting to see how well the majority of Matts players keeping up. Interesting to see Jarrod Sammut also training with the young blokes, he was a great motivator for them.

murraymob

First Grade
Tonight the Matts, Ball and 20's all trained, sorry were flogged tonight by Carl Jennings and his team of sadists,under the watchful eye of Jim Jones and staff. 400's 200's, walking on hands and feet, push ups, players were dropping all over. Interesting to see how well the majority of Matts players keeping up. Interesting to see Jarrod Sammut also training with the young blokes, he was a great motivator for them.

pretty sure Alex Melville has asked some of his ex players to come down and help if they get a chance Jarrod is one of those plus he is a top bloke as well
Some of the ball boys where saying it was a tough session love it .It is needed

Few vomits I hear :lol:

On Jakiel, the club has basically allowed him to do whatever he wishes his whole 'career' and it seems nothing has changed now, that ventures from St Marys through to Penrith. He wants to dance instead of football? Fine, but if he wants back into footy he cant just come straight back in when he pleases. More kids are working their butts off and miss training it's like they have committed a sin. With him, it's like there is nothing wrong with it.

Management need to make a tough decision on the kid.

jakiel has been good friends with bryce cartwright for a long time,hence jim jones nephew(bryce)they are so worried that he would sit out then go to parra. so they would have been working over time to get him to play for penrith,jakiel always been in that circle so they will let him do what he wants. i like to see if was someone else if they be so tolerant.

stumpyone

Juniors
Harold Matts, Logan Geyer turned up Monday with his foot in a cast. Rumour is he is out for seven weeks. Mandela Vito who was the topped ranked hooker in 15's 2010 badly cut his foot a couple of weeks ago, outside of training, and has not come back.
A lot of boys are having shin splint trouble especially after running the stadium stairs. Matt Lodge is looking good.

stumpyone

Juniors
Isaac Harrison one of the 14's trialling for Harold Matts squad was named as The Hills Sports High Schools Junior League player of the year. The official comment in the year book was"plays the game like it should be played, tough and gritty, whilst he also displayed he has some real skill to his game as well"

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
iain_ricardi_runngFooty_2ndTest_s3L.jpg

Panther_Daz

Staff member
If anyone goes to either of the trials if you could post a quick summary as well as some stand out players that would be much appreciated.