What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I think we need to go hard at Inglis now, no point having all this money under the cap being wasted, and (if) we let go of Tahu, we start the year with our 2 prefered centre options not in the side.

boxhead

First Grade
I think we need to go hard at Inglis now, no point having all this money under the cap being wasted, and (if) we let go of Tahu, we start the year with our 2 prefered centre options not in the side.

Agreed, I don't think Kearney wants to risk playing Filiga or Loko early when we need stability and proven centres in the side. Hopefully Reddy isn't injured come Round 1 and Tahu sorts all this out; if not, then we basically have to - or should - throw everything we have at Inglis. I doubt it would ever come off though - I severely doubt it.
One would think it depends on the deal with Souths, whether it falls through or not.
Even then, would he even want to come to us so as to stay in the NRL?

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Agreed, I don't think Kearney wants to risk playing Filiga or Loko early when we need stability and proven centres in the side. Hopefully Reddy isn't injured come Round 1 and Tahu sorts all this out; if not, then we basically have to - or should - throw everything we have at Inglis. I doubt it would ever come off though - I severely doubt it.
One would think it depends on the deal with Souths, whether it falls through or not.
Even then, would he even want to come to us so as to stay in the NRL?

I also have my doubts.
But i reckon he wants to stay in the NRL, and wants a club for 1-2 years before going back to the Storm. I could handle having him for a year or 2 :cool:

The Colonel

Immortal
Rory obrien could be an option??

Rory Brien..... no O'. He would be a decent option - very solid defender, strong runner of the ball and would probably be better suited to starting the NRL in the centres rather than the backrow where he will eventually play.

It appears more and more likely that the club will have to rely on juniors to fill some spots and while that won't go all that well for 2011 it could well help 2012 and beyond.

Seems more and more likely though that Hindmarsh will join the likes of Ettingshausen, Pearce, Sironen, Roach and Elias (among others) to have done pretty much all the game has to offer outside of a premiership.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If Tahu doesn't want to be here i'm not all that fussed, give the job to a youngster who is proud to pull on the Parra jersey. And a big no for Inglis for me. He's a fat lazy mercenary who's word means nothing.

IFR33K

Coach
Rory Brien..... no O'. He would be a decent option - very solid defender, strong runner of the ball and would probably be better suited to starting the NRL in the centres rather than the backrow where he will eventually play.

It appears more and more likely that the club will have to rely on juniors to fill some spots and while that won't go all that well for 2011 it could well help 2012 and beyond.

Seems more and more likely though that Hindmarsh will join the likes of Ettingshausen, Pearce, Sironen, Roach and Elias (among others) to have done pretty much all the game has to offer outside of a premiership.

Couldnt agree more. I been saying it for a while now. Will go down with Pearce as the most undeserving player to not win the comp.

This f**king whole saga sucks. If Tahu has relocated to Newcastle surely our merkins running the club should of ended this nonsense by now. Going into 2011 and nearly $1million under the cap is a disgrace. On top of all that, we have signed rejects. Timber work, here we come.

eel01s

Bench
Wasn't it reported that Tahu had only signed in the last week or so? If true, and he is wanting out (or at best only wanting to play on his terms), what does that say about the bloke?

So if we lose Tahu (it this point it might be good riddance) and Murray, with Stagger alluding to further movements, what hope do we have of replacing them?

How the hell are we so far under the cap for 2011? FMD, I know Ossie and Co. were trying to pull off the coup of the century (Cronk or Thurston), but to have NO BACKUP plan???

We are in big trouble for next season, unless a miracle happens.

eel01s

Bench
Wasn't it reported that Tahu had only signed in the last week or so? If true, and he is wanting out (or at best only wanting to play on his terms), what does that say about the bloke?

So if we lose Tahu (it this point it might be good riddance) and Murray, with Stagger alluding to further movements, what hope do we have of replacing them?

How the hell are we so far under the cap for 2011? FMD, I know Ossie and Co. were trying to pull off the coup of the century (Cronk or Thurston), but to have NO BACKUP plan???

We are in big trouble for next season, unless a miracle happens.

Avenger

Immortal
Why the f**k did our board leave decisions about recruitment to Anderson when it was painfully obvious from all the leaks that he was not going to be the coach in 2011?

Their indecisiveness has left the Eels with their worst recruitment decisions since the early 90's. This indecision has left us replacing K. Keating, Mateo and Inu with a potentially suspended Murray, a round 10 starting Reni Maitua and Chris Walker !!

If Tahu leaves and we do not get either Inglis or Tonga as a replacement then Osborne should fall on his sword and quit. He is the one that vouched for him. Don't start on me about his assurances of acquiring a 7 with Orford being the most recent one.

Loose lips sink ships Ozzie!!! You have been exposed as an amateur. Time to leave.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Why the f**k did our board leave decisions about recruitment to Anderson when it was painfully obvious from all the leaks that he was not going to be the coach in 2011?

Their indecisiveness has left the Eels with their worst recruitment decisions since the early 90's. This indecision has left us replacing K. Keating, Mateo and Inu with a potentially suspended Murray, a round 10 starting Reni Maitua and Chris Walker !!

If Tahu leaves and we do not get either Inglis or Tonga as a replacement then Osborne should fall on his sword and quit. He is the one that vouched for him. Don't start on me about his assurances of acquiring a 7 with Orford being the most recent one.

Loose lips sink ships Ozzie!!! You have been exposed as an amateur. Time to leave.

No. DA was only sacked after the report on his coaching was compiled. This ground has already been gone over.

The board wasn't to know that Tahu would flake out or that Murray was into match fixing betting.

big boppa eel

Juniors

Well said, I think your comments are impossible to refute, I was excited and pleased we got rid of DF and took on Osborne, unfortunatly this has turned out to be a disaster, we are in deep deep sh*t for nexst year and feel very sorry for SK and us as fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.