What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers U20

greenfins

Juniors
Anyone been keeping an eye on pre-season training, who is standing out as a prospect, or training the house down etc

franklin2323

Immortal
I popped my head in the other day. Out of the new guys Simon Gregory was impressive. Allan Eisenhuth. Grace. Watene-Zeleniak & Austin looked good also. Melville has them looking fitter

murraymob

Coach
Alex has also installed a set of disipline rules .The results in terms of attitude is there to see straight away

BOMAR

Juniors
I think you will find austin has been training with the first grade side since they went back.

MountainMan

Juniors
I rate Shaye Moran very highly,potential 1st grader,he is Preston clone,back in his half back days.
Alot of speed great vision,the thing that lets him down is his additude.
Since the begining of 2009,he has been with (in order),West Magpies,West Tigers,Bulldogs,Dragons,Bulldogs,Knights,Dragons and now us
I sure hope he stays for more then a two weeks,Beale and Moran in the halves,thats pretty lethal.

greenfins

Juniors
I rate Shaye Moran very highly,potential 1st grader,he is Preston clone,back in his half back days.
Since the begining of 2009,he has been with (in order),West Magpies,West Tigers,Bulldogs,Dragons,Bulldogs,Knights,Dragons and now us
I sure hope he stays for more then a two weeks,Beale and Moran in the halves,thats pretty lethal.

Why so many clubs, his choice or been given the boot??

greenfins

Juniors
All the boys were tested prior to the Xmas break on Saturday. I heard there was many good results in the new boys, great improvment in all areas.

Not sure of individual results however, anyone got some info?

stretcher

Juniors
All the boys were tested prior to the Xmas break on Saturday. I heard there was many good results in the new boys, great improvment in all areas.

Not sure of individual results however, anyone got some info?
The 20s have been getting smashed at training but lack of size may be an issue..

murraymob

Coach
stretch
based on the games i seen this year not sure if size is a advantage or a hinderance in u20.Defence is the biggest issue across all teams with most games racking up cricket scores by both teams.I think this squad will do well

thommo4pm

Coach
I popped my head in the other day. Out of the new guys Simon Gregory was impressive. Allan Eisenhuth. Grace. Watene-Zeleniak & Austin looked good also. Melville has them looking fitter

He has a tremendous work ethic about him.
For you guys I hope he gets a crack in a ball playing role.

I played touch footy with him and his brother Luke just 2 years ago, and they both have tremendous speed and skill.

Kilkenny

Coach
He has a tremendous work ethic about him.
For you guys I hope he gets a crack in a ball playing role.

I played touch footy with him and his brother Luke just 2 years ago, and they both have tremendous speed and skill.

You would'nt happen to be Tom Eisenhuth by any chance.

The oldest brother Luke was a fine player and with the same breaks his two younger brothers he to should have represented in the Matts, Ball or NYC. Shame, because he had all the attributes.

thommo4pm

Coach
You would'nt happen to be Tom Eisenhuth by any chance.

The oldest brother Luke was a fine player and with the same breaks his two younger brothers he to should have represented in the Matts, Ball or NYC. Shame, because he had all the attributes.

No mate I'm not Tom.

Luke is a great guy also. Very down to earth and as you said extremely skillful.

stretcher

Juniors
stretch
based on the games i seen this year not sure if size is a advantage or a hinderance in u20.Defence is the biggest issue across all teams with most games racking up cricket scores by both teams.I think this squad will do well
Have a look at who won the last two competitions giants and both runners up giants if u dont have size your defence wont be dominant enough second phase kills small teams...

murraymob

Coach
the only reason a big side won u20 this year was because the defence across the board in this competition is so poor.Any side that can adress this will go a long way to winning it The standard of tries scored where not high.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
the only reason a big side won u20 this year was because the defence across the board in this competition is so poor.Any side that can adress this will go a long way to winning it The standard of tries scored where not high.

What people need to consider when comparing score lines between NRL and NYC is that, the NYC teams don't get the luxury of 4 or 5 Video referee decisions at 3 or 4 minutes each time in which they get a rest.

The fatigue factor has a big bearing on the score blow outs.

Bluebag

Juniors

09 He and Ray signed with the Bulldogs but then left when St George made an offer and played SG Ball there. He wasnt at Wests or Wests Tigers or the Knights, Ray was at the Knights though. Shaye has had problems with being away from home and his GF and played up in the local comp last year. He trialled with MAnly and Penrith last year and had offers from both but accepted the Penrith offer. He has had homesick issues and I think he is having a family member move down to support him.
He is a talent without a doubt and if he copes with the city he will be ok. That is why his manager made hi take the Panther offer as the area despite its size still has a more country feel than the Northern Beaches

Fibroman

First Grade
09 He and Ray signed with the Bulldogs but then left when St George made an offer and played SG Ball there. He wasnt at Wests or Wests Tigers or the Knights, Ray was at the Knights though. Shaye has had problems with being away from home and his GF and played up in the local comp last year. He trialled with MAnly and Penrith last year and had offers from both but accepted the Penrith offer. He has had homesick issues and I think he is having a family member move down to support him.
He is a talent without a doubt and if he copes with the city he will be ok. That is why his manager made hi take the Panther offer as the area despite its size still has a more country feel than the Northern Beaches

Penrith is certainly a country town feel with city atmosphere.

Kilkenny

Coach
Just get a house out near Mulgoa or Wallacia and it's like your west of the Blue Mountains

Do you mean east of the Blue Mountains or at the foot of the Blue Mountains.

I took my first love to a picnic at the famous Bents Basin near Wallacia back in the late 1970's.Had a great time or so I thought. She dumped me shortly therafter for reasons I still have issues with......

Latest posts