What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tahu

parra pete

Referee
NSW Cup MVP maybe?

Could be..could be..But I know Kevin Moore has a big opinion of him..
Que Sera Sera....
I like him (M Lett) as a player..I think he is very good..but that's just my opinion..

It still doesn't detract from the fact that Jacob Loko is at least a couple of seasons away from NRL. He is ONLY a kid.

mrpwnd

Bench
Que Sera Sera....
I like him (M Lett) as a player..I think he is very good..but that's just my opinion..

It still doesn't detract from the fact that Jacob Loko is at least a couple of seasons away from NRL. He is ONLY a kid.
Hayne was pretty impressive at 18.

parra pete

Referee
Big difference between Hayne and Loko.
Speaking of Lett and Hayne, I recall Mick Lett sending Hayne over for four tries in a State Under 17 match at Land Park..(2005 from memory).
Mick got picked for Roosters first grade team and broke his ankle (or leg) aged just 18..and struggled to crack a spot in the line-up.
He had Brett Morris, Jasen Nightingale and Darius Boyd ahead of him at St George.
He is still only 23..Plenty of time for him to make his mark on the game..
Beetson rates Lett..so that's good enough for me. Knows a bit about the game does Big Artie.

mrpwnd

Bench
Wright only needs to grow 15cm more, get dreadlocks and tan himself.
He'll be another new young star for the dogs with just that much.

strider

Post Whore
... I recall Mick Lett sending Hayne over for four tries in a State Under 17 match at Land Park..(2005 from memory). ...

:shock: ... did he? I never would have known - perhaps you should have told us that before - say maybe 5 or 6 times ... ;-)

... He had Brett Morris, Jasen Nightingale and Darius Boyd ahead of him at St George. ...

.... AND Kyle Stanley ..... AND Kalifi Fai Fai Loa ..... seems Wayne opted for both of them over Lett when st george needed an outside back last year

i agree Lett seems a decent player - but for some reason, no matter what club he's gone to he doesn't get a good look in .... don't know why

Snoochies

First Grade
Family adds new twist for Timana

712283-timana-tahu.jpg

Family concerns ... Timana Tahu's wife has relocated to Newcastle prompting runours the Eelsd star may seek to do the same. Source: The Sunday Telegraph

TIMANA Tahu's future at Parramatta is virtually untenable with revelations the star centre's wife has moved to Newcastle to be closer to her family.

The decision by Tahu's wife, Kasey, to leave Sydney adds more doubt over the former Test centre's already clouded future at the Eels.
The Sunday Telegraph has learned that Tahu has spoken of plans to remain in Sydney and commute back and forth to Newcastle.
But Eels team-mates and officials believe it's virtually impossible for Tahu - a devoted family man - to focus on his football without his wife and two kids nearby.
Tahu's decision to quit rugby union coincided with his struggles to spend lengthy periods away from his family.
Newcastle chief executive Steve Burraston says he hasn't spoken to Tahu, but speculation is widespread in rugby league circles that he is manouevring for a return to the Knights.
Tahu, was born and raised in Newcastle and spent six seasons at the Knights before joining Parramatta in 2005.
It was also reported he was spotted late last week in the Newcastle area with two Knights players.
Burraston, a former Newcastle lower-grade coach, mentored Tahu through his junior years, but he said last week that Tahu wasn't in the club's sights for next season.
"We haven't spoken to him at all, nor are we in the market for a centre at the moment," Burraston said.
"I've had a lot to do with Timana, and I respect the bloke and I respect his ability.
"I thought he played some good footy when he came back from rugby union.
"He's always welcome at our place, but it's got to be under the right circumstances.
"Right at the moment, there's not a position for him or enough room for us to fit him under the salary cap."
The Knights last made a play for Tahu's services in 2009 before he signed to return to the Eels from rugby union.
Parramatta coach Stephen Kearney is yet to meet with Tahu after he was granted leave from training to confront some personal issues.
Kearney is refusing to get caught up in the drama, with his focus on rebuilding the Eels after they missed the finals last year.
Tahu's wife Kasey said last weekend that she hoped Parramatta would not push her husband back to training until after Christmas.
Eels management are tempted to wait until then before making a decision on Tahu's future.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...twist-for-timana/story-e6frexnr-1225965682250

big boppa eel

Juniors
Que Sera Sera....

Agreed, think Loko needs a couple of years at least to mature, few times last year against the top sides was found out very badly.

strider

Post Whore
why do people think he "wants out"? - if he wanted out he would have just left before negotiating a new contract (I don't even think he has a signed contract right now, just an agreement)

i am assuming he wants "in" but his wife wants to go to newy and hence its a very difficult situation for him

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
why do people think he "wants out"? - if he wanted out he would have just left before negotiating a new contract (I don't even think he has a signed contract right now, just an agreement)

i am assuming he wants "in" but his wife wants to go to newy and hence its a very difficult situation for him

I guess only the coaching staff know what his level of commitment was at the tail end of last season and now.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
There's got to be more to it than just homesickness. You don't need months and months off just because of this.