What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

easeey

Juniors
harold matts beat cronulla 48to 4. good to see big dale cadalbert at his best, with strong runs & big hits.aiden glenville played his usual good game.reece (skittlez) vi??? looks like making the switch from lock to hooker okay. albert boney also had a good game.it will be good when they realise they have a match winner in joshua jay & start giving him the ball maybe the centres should be sent telegrams.

stumpyone

Juniors
harold matts beat cronulla 48to 4. good to see big dale cadalbert at his best, with strong runs & big hits.aiden glenville played his usual good game.reece (skittlez) vi??? looks like making the switch from lock to hooker okay. albert boney also had a good game.it will be good when they realise they have a match winner in joshua jay & start giving him the ball maybe the centres should be sent telegrams.

Not a good test, Cronulla far too small, and lacked skill overall. The B team went best, (they started first) the A team made a number of wrong option decisions, at one stage had to revert to the kick to score. Not one of the hookers who played hurt when they tackled, not a good sign. The only experienced hooker left, Isaac Harrison did not play due to injury, the three tried passed slowly out of dummy half, and chose wrong options, one even went the wrong way and then threw the ball over his head backwards. At times they looked lost, The best of the three was Juniuor Marsters. Matt Lodge and Amos Viiga were solid, as were the fullbacks. Tom Cettolin played very well. Skittlez Viemiero looks more like a winger, very quick, not clever enough for hooker, not big enough for lock. The centre "Burnsey" has to learn to pass to a man outside who is unmarked.

Art Vandalay

Juniors
not sure about hooker for skittles passing game is not good enough, jennings, zelezniak and lachie jackson were the pic of the outside baks
any thoughts on how the halves went i saw jayden tavae playing five 8 ????

stumpyone

Juniors
Albert Boney was very clever at half, seems to panic a bit when under pressure. Defensively went missing a couple of times.

footyboy7

Juniors
Now that the best hooker available Mandela Vito is not playing, the squad will be very poor in terms of around the ruck. There is definately no one in the squad capable of bringing what he would have to the team. It is important that there be a connection between the major roles of 1,6,7 and 9 but all the injuries, dropouts and changes to the team/squad may reflect poorly in there efforts.

stumpyone

Juniors
Now that the best hooker available Mandela Vito is not playing, the squad will be very poor in terms of around the ruck. There is definately no one in the squad capable of bringing what he would have to the team. It is important that there be a connection between the major roles of 1,6,7 and 9 but all the injuries, dropouts and changes to the team/squad may reflect poorly in there efforts.

I think you wil be pleasantly surprised, young Isaac Harrison is rated highly. Skill levels, he is as good if not better than Mandela, has a kicking game,and his defence is stronger. When he hits he hurts. As I have said before he is at Hills Sports High and is getter in depth coaching as a hooker, from Scott Jones and Mark Horo. He is also a protoge' of local legendary hooker George Theoharous The Panthers 2010 14's are an excellent group. In some places it is believed if the 14's played the 15's the 14's would win.

easeey

Juniors
please explain??? why didnt they pick all 14's instead of 15's or just a token of 15's in the squad!!!!!:crazy:

micro

Juniors
Take into account Penrith had 44 players across 3 teams playing 30 mins each, it was the first trial, earlier than previous years. I was told by a sharks parent it was their third trial for the squad? There was some ordinary play, but Penrith seemed to split their talent evenly across all 3 teams. They will find it easy to cut a number of players from the 44 on last nights form, some were not up to it, but in saying that there were some real standouts, especially in the final 30 mins. penrith won the final 30 mins easily, maklouff in the 20 jersey looked to have secured his spot, he was outstanding. His service to the left in the final 30 was where all the damage was done, jennings in the centre and hetriks on the wing cut up the sharks every time they went that way, all the tries were set up down the left. The hookers look a bit thin, regan from brothers was the pick. The problem penrith have is where to play Ryan wilson, last night he looked slow and disinterested, tony satini played very well in his 30 mins. Penrith will cut some this week.

Art Vandalay

Juniors
a few young players stepped up maklouf, cartwright, hickey and even roy from quakers was solid
and i agree about ryan wilson micro he may be taking it easy thinking hes in the team already
who will captain the side?

micro

Juniors
a few young players stepped up maklouf, cartwright, hickey and even roy from quakers was solid
and i agree about ryan wilson micro he may be taking it easy thinking hes in the team already
who will captain the side?
i am told wilson has had a poor attitude at training and has been threatened with a visit to the academy next year, he wont want to count his chickens before they hatch. Manson did play half in the second 30mins, he directed well but did not take controll, he will be better next trial, once he settles in a little more. The forwards that seemed to get most time were the fringe ones. Tavale and joe-lee were mainly on the bench and went well when injected, regan from windsor was strong in the front row but michael ross and riggs were not up to the speed of the game. Fred pule was strong but completely lost in the structure, the trainers were at him to position himself constantly.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Manson did play half in the second 30mins, he directed well but did not take controll, he will be better next trial, once he settles in a little more.

So do you think Manson did enough to make the cut? I guess there was no sign of Jakiel last night either?

snowman

Juniors
My pick of the Harold Matts
1.Lauchlan
2.Josh jay
3.Dallin
4.Jayden
5.Dalton
6.Aiden
7.Logan
8.Dwayne
9.Jarrod