What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Bon Jovi

COACH STERLING

Juniors
On her insistence my beautiful wife and I went to the Bon Jovi concert on Saturday night. I was sceptical, am not a big fan of theirs but they were quite good (in general I find their music a a little cheesy but I have never seen so many MILFS in one arena. :D). Jon Bon Jovi still has a great voice and apparently is still a great sort according to my wife who regained consciousness after the concert. ;-)

I did my part, now I hear Red Hot Chili Peppers are coming who I would love to see live.

Still spewing I didn't see ACDC.

So who should a X Gen see next year? Before you say anything I do not like U2. I think my uncles tried to bomb him whilst he was singing Sarajevo Girl during the Bosnian War. :D

LOL, I would have thought your mrs. would take you to see CECA instead.

eel01s

Bench
When I finished my last subject at Uni and knew that I had graduated I put this song on in the car and screamed as loud as I could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg3k_eBKzB8&feature=fvw

Top stuff mate.

Good news is Soundgarden HAS reformed and are working on new material. They released Black Rain, a previously unheard of song that wasn't included on BadMotorFinger. Check it out on Telephantasm, their latest release.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I went on Sunday night. It was ok, I wasnt into it as a lot of the crowd. There was a lot of Wiggles like audience participation hands in the air type moments, very cringe worthy

The highlight was John doing his "alleluia" version at the head of the circle, with that one thick light on him, and when he hit the big notes at the end of the song, the heavens just opened up and he got absolutely drenched, like it was on queue

John: "If you ever wanted to know what singing in the shower sounds like, there it is" :lol:

Suprised they didnt play Older, considering the lyrics of the song would have matched up nicely with a lot of the audience. Bed of roses should have got a run over any of their post Crush CD songs they played, which were quite bland for an outdoor stadium gig in my opinion

They played Blaze of Glory which John said he didnt play in the previous two nights, which was good

Doubt I will go see them again if they tour here again. Unless ticket is $20 or less

Kazz

Juniors
We went Friday night (great weather) and then Sunday night (p*ssed down) - expecting to see the same set of songs, was thrilled that they had changed it up so much from the Friday to the Sunday and vice versa :) - mixing it with the classics and the newbies they were sensational - who cares if they missed 'this' song or 'that' song - if anyone walked away disappointed then you shouldnt have gone in the first place - just hope its not the last time they ever visit

sarahk

Juniors
On her insistence my beautiful wife and I went to the Bon Jovi concert on Saturday night. I was sceptical, am not a big fan of theirs but they were quite good (in general I find their music a a little cheesy but I have never seen so many MILFS in one arena. :D). Jon Bon Jovi still has a great voice and apparently is still a great sort according to my wife who regained consciousness after the concert. ;-)

I did my part, now I hear Red Hot Chili Peppers are coming who I would love to see live.

Still spewing I didn't see ACDC.

So who should a X Gen see next year? Before you say anything I do not like U2. I think my uncles tried to bomb him whilst he was singing Sarajevo Girl during the Bosnian War. :D

He will always be a great sort :cool:

Fee

Juniors
I went to the concert on Friday night, and it was brilliant! Love Bon Jovi, and Jon just gets better with age.:D

spiderdan

Bench
We went Friday night (great weather) and then Sunday night (p*ssed down) - expecting to see the same set of songs, was thrilled that they had changed it up so much from the Friday to the Sunday and vice versa :) - mixing it with the classics and the newbies they were sensational - who cares if they missed 'this' song or 'that' song - if anyone walked away disappointed then you shouldnt have gone in the first place - just hope its not the last time they ever visit
rumour has it that they will be doing a farewell tour a bit after the current tour ends. shame if true but i guess all good things come to an end.

eels81236

Bench
Instead of moaning about being down on his luck, Tommy should have hardened up and joined the picket when the unions went on strike

He would have but due to the strike he couldn't afford to get there. He should have asked his union rep to spot him some cash considering, ironically, he was still getting paid for "strike time" whilst instructing his disciples to go without.

Stagger eel

Staff member
He would have but due to the strike he couldn't afford to get there. He should have asked his union rep to spot him some cash considering, ironically, he was still getting paid for "strike time" whilst instructing his disciples to go without.

either that or ask the deadsh*t who wrote the song about him for his slice of royalty payments..