What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill Williams to the Eels?

lucablight

First Grade
HERE'S our first big prediction for the new year ... Sonny Bill Williams to sign with the Parramatta Eels after the rugby union World Cup in October.

We're tipping the former Bulldogs superstar will be back in the NRL for the start of the 2012 season after he was recently spotted with Parramatta coach Stephen Kearney at a Hurstville cafe. We're told it was a very casual chat, but the possibility of a rugby league comeback was certainly mentioned.

Sonny Bill is under contract to the New Zealand Rugby Union and the Canterbury Crusaders, but only until the completion of the World Cup on October 15.

The Eels are almost $600,000 under the salary cap and are ready to pounce for a player they believe can deliver their first premiership since 1986.

Apart from the attraction of playing under Kearney, who he admires, Sonny Bill is also a close friend of Parramatta's new signing Reni Maitua.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

They were virtually inseparable during their time together at the Bulldogs before Sonny Bill walked out to Toulon and Maitua was sacked for repeated infringements.

Sonny Bill's closest supporters are desperately hoping the Parramatta deal comes off because they believe Kearney is the right man to turn his life around and shake the influence of Khoder Nasser and the Anthony Mundine camp.

His reputation has been in tatters since Nasser orchestrated his sudden exit from the Bulldogs to join Toulon - often described as one of the most dishonorable moves in rugby league history.

He recently split with his long-time partner Genna Shaw, the girl who stood by him when he was caught blind drunk in the toilets at the Clovelly Hotel with Candice Falzon. She also quit her job in Sydney to support him in French rugby union for 12 months.
I think it would be great to have a player like SBW at the Eels. He can do things most players can only dream of and is one of the best players in the game. Imagine a team with fully firing Hayne, Fui and SBW. It would be unstoppable. What do other fans think?

link: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/onny-days-for-eels/story-e6freye0-1225980117509

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I have long wanted this. Despite what he did to the Bulldogs, on the field he is one of the greatest talents I have ever seen.

My only issue with it would be that he isn't a halfback. A halfback needs to be our priority.

SBW is the guy I would choose to replace Hindmarsh when he decides to retire.

Still. Its just a rumour.

natheel

Coach
Just a rumour at this stage, but sk is a huge draw card for alot of very good new Zealand players to come to parra when their contracts run out. Sbw, Luke, Marshall (long shot but u never know) the nz team has become a very tight squad under sk and parra I feel will b able to grab a couple of big name nzers hopefully starting with sonny bill. Imagine him hindy and smith in the back row with maitua off the bench

Parra Pride

Coach
I think don't like SBW for the way he left the game, but if he was an Eel I would support him 100%.

SBW, Moimoi, Hayne all in the one team would cause trouble for any team.

mrpwnd

Bench
He's doing really well in Union and enjoying it atm. His chances of even looking at League are about as low as us getting Orford right now.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
He's doing really well in Union and enjoying it atm. His chances of even looking at League are about as low as us getting Orford right now.

Dollar wise not quite. He is keen to return to Australia/NZ, but he is money hungry. With the new TV deal coming soon, the money we could offer could be comparable to what the ARU or the NZRU could offer. If he wants to go back to French Rugby then we have no hope.

Id take this signing if it was on offer.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
sk's impact on bringing us big name poly's doesn't have to be limited to the current nz test team, what he could potentially do for inspiring the next crop in our own backyard is far more damaging

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Maybe, if Money Bill stays away from that f**kwit Mundine. So i'm not holding my breath.

Glenn

First Grade
Just wait for Rusty to find a way to "fit" him under the cap at Souths ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Look who's writing the article. Don't even waste your time even thinking about it.

exactly Jake, it's funny how we choose to believe stories written by them when we want them to come true..

this has bull sh*t space filler written all over it.

Glenn

First Grade
I doubt anyone seriously thinks SBW would end up at Parramatta. :crazy:

IFR33K

Coach
I hate the dogs with a passion, but they didn't deserve what SBW did to them. SBW, Tahu and Lyon are wankers of the highest order. f**k them.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I hate the dogs with a passion, but they didn't deserve what SBW did to them. SBW, Tahu and Lyon are wankers of the highest order. f**k them.

for the love of god, please leave T out of this one, there's much more to the T story than meets the eye and the guy just doesn't deserve the sh*t he's copping atm.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
for the love of god, please leave T out of this one, there's much more to the T story than meets the eye and the guy just doesn't deserve the sh*t he's copping atm.

I don't know anything more about the T story than meets the eye. What's the story Stagger?

Latest posts