What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 TOP 10 'cracked" crystal ball predictions

TheParraboy

Staff member
1. Parramatta Eels to make the top 12

2. After unexpected injuries, Eels sign Brett Finch and Joel Monaghan mid season

3. NSW to win origin series 3-0 (all margins are greater than 1 point)

4. It becomes official due to the outstanding success of the yearly Pie in the sky weekend, It will now be run 3 times a year (tri pies in the sky) to accommodate all the retired and has beens of yesteryear who are eager to participate in this world class event

5. Dragons to fail to make the top 8 (and end my agony and despair of living in the Gong)

6. Explicit text messages between Warne and Julia Gillard exposed

7. England beat Australia in the ODI world cup final by an innings

8. Lockyno1 becomes a popular new Eels fan amongst Parra players and fans alike

9. Jacques Kallis hits a triple test ton :cool:

10. Mitchel Johnson and Marcus North named co-Allan Border medal winners

boxhead

First Grade
My Top 10 predictions for sport in 2011:

10. Michael Clarke - takes over captaincy of the Australian Cricket team.
9. Parramatta Eels - sign Quade Cooper and Adam Blair.
8. Jarryd Hayne - Dally M NRL Fullback and Dally M Medallist of the Year.
7. Cristiano Ronaldo - top goal-scorer in the La Liga competition.
6. Jacob Loko - Dally M NRL Rookie of the Year.
5. Iniesta - Ballon D'or recipient.
4. Real Madrid - La Liga Champions.
3. Parramatta Eels - Top Four Finish.
2. Tottenham Hotspur - Top Four Finish. (again)
1. Melbourne Storm - NRL Premiers 2011.

A lot of you will hate me for the number 1 pick, but well......I would be hard pressed to say it won't happen.....just putting it out there.
Don't listen to me though :) Let's all hope I am wrong!

parra pete

Referee
2012 Pie in the Sky event will be bigger than 2011 as TV stations clamour to get on board, with bidding reaching fever pitch.
Magpies sign Quade Cooper and Cooper Cronk to long term contracts, Hay officials getting in under Paul Osborne's guard with lucrative deals.

caylo

Bench

A lot of you will hate me for the number 1 pick, but well......I would be hard pressed to say it won't happen.....just putting it out there.
Don't listen to me though :) Let's all hope I am wrong!

Barca and messi will have something to say about #7 & #4, also the spurs finished fifth last year. My prediction is that barca will beat milan in the champion league final.

boxhead

First Grade
@caylo

Mate, Tottenham finished fourth last season. You can look anywhere, they finished in the top four in the 2009-2010 season.

Also, thing is, when Madrid have the best coach in the world - Jose Mourinho - anything is possible, even with Barcelona being the supermen they are. It's unlikely but that is why it is a prediction :)

lingard

Coach
1. South Sydney to make the grand-final this year. Last year, all they lacked was one world-class back. They`ve got one now.

2. Parramatta to come ninth. It`ll be a good and interesting year, though, with a lot of very hard-fought, close matches. A new team.

caylo

Bench
@caylo

Mate, Tottenham finished fourth last season. You can look anywhere, they finished in the top four in the 2009-2010 season.
apologises you are correct, for some reason I thought Man City was fourth with the Spurs fifth. I'm with you on them finishing 4th this year, I will also predict that Chelsea will finish out of the top 5.

Also, thing is, when Madrid have the best coach in the world - Jose Mourinho - anything is possible, even with Barcelona being the supermen they are. It's unlikely but that is why it is a prediction :)

box they say a champion team will always beat a team of champions. Madrid are the most expensive team in the world but when you have guys like Pique, Iniesta, Xavi and Messi who came through the same system and know each others game so well they just work magic.

Jose Mourinho is playing an italian style of football with spainish, portagese and south american footballers. He is a great coach but will never beat Barca with Real Madrid like he did last year with Inter.
Madrid is aggressive team, he needs to be playing a 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 and simply cant sit back and watch barca play football because they will beat them 5 zip again.

1. 4 teams who made the finals in 2010 will miss the finals in 2011. In other words, half the teams we think will be crap, will be good. Half the teams we think will be good, will be crap.
2. The Rabbitohs and Bulldogs are the most overrated teams in 2011 - $7.50 and $11 respectively to win premiership. Both will miss the finals. The Rabbitohs will try to sign Israel Folau for $10,000 after he declares signing with GWS as the 'greatest mistake EVER'. Rabbitohs are laughed at. The Bulldogs will sign quantity again (25 players) and fool everyone again in making us think they are legitimate contenders for 2012.
3. The Eels and Sea Eagles are the most underrated teams. $21 to win the premiership. Both will make the finals. The Sea Eagles will lose in the first in the first week 64-12 to the Eels. Sterling is heard muttering 'That's for 88 ya bastards!' in the commentary box at the end of the game. The Sea Eagles are knocked out. As for the Eels ...
4. The Eels will finish 4th and play into the third week of the finals after getting a bye 2nd week. We controversely lose to the Storm by a point after Archer awards the Storm a penalty as the full time hooter is sounding. Smith kicks the winning penalty goal. Archer moves into the witness protection program. Our run will pave way for premiership favouritism in 2012
5. The Eels will announce two massive signings. One before the season finishes. One after. Both signings will cause great giddiness among Eels faithful but cannot compare the the giddiness the rumours of the signings have.
6. Crowds flock to the game in record numbers and TV ratings remain the highest for any code in the land. The NRL will NOT continue to undersell the game unlike the NRL under Gallop - thanks to the leadership of the IC.
7. The NRL announces the comp will expand to 18 teams in 2013. The competition for those two spots will be hotly contested (unlike other codes out there). A couple of surprising bids will include: Cairns and Tasmania.
8. QLD win State of Origin ... again. Newspapers say it is the death of SOO but strangely remain mute about the Bledisloe Cup even though that is 10 times as one sided. Ricky Stuart is immediately sacked and everyone wonders why he was chosen in the first place.
9. Warriors shock the world and win the NRL beating the Storm 23-22 in what is considered the greatest grand final. The game draws record TV ratings after every single media outlet declares before the game that it is 'the worse grand final match-up imaginable'. New Zealanders almost forget they are hosting the Union World Cup.
10. After the Greatest Grand Final, and the massive coverage the game gets in NZ, 30 rugby union players declare they want to switch codes. IRC try to find another 'Hitler' and 'Vichy' to suppress rugby league around the world.

Eelementary

Post Whore
@caylo

When did Pep Guardiola join Real? :shock:

Tots al Camp! :D

sarahk

Juniors
1. The Bulldogs to go a full game without their fans causing trouble ( i know...tough one)
2. Parramatta Eels to get more than one 40/20 in the whole season.
3. TITdris to get a breast reduction by round 4.
4. Parramatta Eels to make the top 15. ( just being a bit dramatic here im sure we'll be fine :) )
5. Parra sign Quade Cooper( who will subsequently become the greatest flop of all time in 2012, ill save that prediction for then).
5. I cant make any cricket/other sport predictions as i dont really follow anything else ,but ill say Arsenal to win EPL.

fanaticeel

Juniors

1. Parramatta to finish 6th due to absolute failures by the Dogs and Rabbitohs who continue to play a 120kg Greg Inglis...he thought it said 120kg a match :sarcasm:
2. Tottenham win the Champions League after signing Beckham on a 3 month loan from LA Galaxy :D and finish 2nd in the EPL
3. NSW to win SOO (surely the hurt can't continue..talk about kicking a man when he's down!)
4. Parramatta sign Cooper Cronk for 2012
5. Dally M Nathan Hindmarsh
6. Dally M Best New Talent Jacob Loko
7. The Swarm is voted Number 1 supporters :)
8. Dennis Fitzgerald baits Melbourne when he forgets he's not in charge anymore.
9. Parramatta get approval and assistance from the new Liberal government to complete the northern and southern grandstands for the safe Liberal seat of Parramatta
10. I start to grow hair.... :shock:

Last edited:

caylo

Bench
2. Tottenham win the Champions League after signing Beckham

Where is the guy going to play, do you play him ahead of Modric on the right wing? Would you bring him in closer to the action to feed Pav (who is your best striker IMO) or VDV.

If I was in charge I would be looking to get a Striker (Henry??) rather then over the hill beckham, Totts strngth is their midfield

boxhead

First Grade
Where is the guy going to play, do you play him ahead of Modric on the right wing? Would you bring him in closer to the action to feed Pav (who is your best striker IMO) or VDV.

If I was in charge I would be looking to get a Striker (Henry??) rather then over the hill beckham, Totts strngth is their midfield

The rumour floating around a few months ago was that with the imminent departure of Robbie Keane, and Crouch + Pavlyuchenko not doing too well at the moment, we would be investing in a good, cheap striker; the name floated around was Edabayor from ManCity (would be a great buy, talented and would cost barely anything).

From reading Redknapp's comments on signing Beckham, the big reason they want him is because they want him to help out Aaron Lennon (our right winger). Lennon is one of the fastest players in the world and has skill but you rarely see him cross or score, etc, because he usually just uses his speed. Playing Beckham off the bench is not only a great move to boost our midfield but he would also provide a lot of experience and positivity to our young players, i.e. Bale, Lennon, etc.

He would be a great buy and wouldn't cost that much either, plus all the money he would rake in for the club.

boxhead

First Grade
When did Pep Guardiola join Real? :shock:

Tots al Camp! :D

:) Despite his record, I think Mourinho is the far superior coach. When you have players - like caylo said - that have played with each-other for so long and who are each so wonderfully talented, it's no surprise they absolutely tear everyone else apart.

Mourinho is the only coach in the world that could possibly turn Madrid into champions in the next few years (they need to stick with their young players and not invest so much into buying big names). When all their young talents like Ozil start matching together like a true team, then they will be a chance. Until then, I give Madrid zero chance of taking the championship from Barcelona in the next three-five years.