What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons crisis talks

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Every village needs an idiot. BIKER is ours

Fact.......In the last half of last century there was an increase in geniuss and stupid people breeding more idiots than anytime in history. Godz Illa is a prime example of what that breeding program produced.

Godz Illa YOUR VILLAGE JUST PHONED THEY ARE NOT MISSING THEIR IDIOT AND ASKED IF YOU COULD STAY THE f**k AWAY FOREVER.:shock:

HAPPY NEW YEAR DIPsh*t:lol:

Last edited:

Father Ted

First Grade
The so called feeder club for 2010, Shellharbour Dragons, never fielded more than 6 or 7 Dragons players in any week. The comp is the farce. Can you ever remember any Dragons 2nd grade team fielding non Dragons players? I can't.

Think we have lost track in this arguement . We have to have a feeder team and we need to get a move on about it . So how do we fix this ?

watatank

Coach
How has the argument lost track? Pretty sure whether we need a feeder team is up for debate, otherwise we would already have it.

Fingerbang

Bench
I won't support any comp with NRL feeder teams played on different days, different grounds from the first team....if I pay my money to watch my team play on anyday, I want to see my teams 2nd grade team in action as well. So many up and comers and borderline 1st graders I like to keep tabs on as well. Stupid NRL won't do that though. Was nothing wrong with game day featuring 3 grades, even when the 3rd grade was under 21's or whatever.

RedVDave

First Grade
I won't support any comp with NRL feeder teams played on different days, different grounds from the first team....if I pay my money to watch my team play on anyday, I want to see my teams 2nd grade team in action as well. So many up and comers and borderline 1st graders I like to keep tabs on as well. Stupid NRL won't do that though. Was nothing wrong with game day featuring 3 grades, even when the 3rd grade was under 21's or whatever.

Agree 100% as the old expression goes "if it aint broken don't fix it" I liked how the original system was.

Fingerbang

Bench
I remember seeing Chris Guider (I think it was) on grand final day back in 85? when Dragons had all 3 grades playing, and he got game time in all 3 games. Magical moment.

Father Ted

First Grade
perhaps I misunderstood I was under the impression all NRL sides had to have one of these teams.

BTW it was Chris Guider watched the 3 grades from 85 last week

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Agree 100% as the old expression goes "if it aint broken don't fix it" I liked how the original system was.

100% right man there was nothing wrong with the old system, when every team had to have 3 grades. This system they have today is totally f**ked up. The only fix is to go back to the old tried and true system of every team with 3 grades. The Dragons can afford it and any club that can't should fade and be replaced with clubs that can. Get some sanity back into what was the Sydney comp, there has been f**k all since 1995.;-)

Stagger Lee

Bench
I want to see my teams 2nd grade team in action as well. So many up and comers and borderline 1st graders I like to keep tabs on as well. Stupid NRL won't do that though. Was nothing wrong with game day featuring 3 grades, even when the 3rd grade was under 21's or whatever.

Also 100% agree BUT I Would ask Wayne Bennet what he wants, and what ever he reccomends is what should happen. He was tasked with not only winning a comp but creating a winning culture in the team.

100% right man there was nothing wrong with the old system, when every team had to have 3 grades.

There hasn't been a system where every first grade rugby league team had a reserve side playing in the same competition since the Broncos left NSWRL Reserve Grade in 1996/97. There's no "old system" to go back to since the Super League war and its aftermath fundamentally changed the structure of RL in this country.

The only option would be a national reserve grade competition a la the Toyota Club. This is not the old system in any reasonable sense and carries the minor problem that not one of the clubs is remotely interested in such a competition.

The Dragons can afford it and any club that can't should fade and be replaced with clubs that can.

You keep asserting this without any evidence.

To start with I would like to see the NYC age category raised to U23's. That way we can see players have a chance to develop rather then spend 2-3 years in NYC, reach 20, and go to either greatness (vast minority) or mediocrity (majority - see Metro Cup / Country Groups)

watatank

Coach
defeats the purpose of NYC. it wouldn't be the elite juniors all coming up against each other anymore because all the good ones will already be in the NRL long before they turn 23

nrlnrl

First Grade
To start with I would like to see the NYC age category raised to U23's. That way we can see players have a chance to develop rather then spend 2-3 years in NYC, reach 20, and go to either greatness (vast minority) or mediocrity (majority - see Metro Cup / Country Groups)

The big problem is with forwards, especially props. They need time to develop before being thrown into the NRL. It's much easier for backs ( particularly outside backs ) to make a successful transition to first grade.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
There hasn't been a system where every first grade rugby league team had a reserve side playing in the same competition since the Broncos left NSWRL Reserve Grade in 1996/97. There's no "old system" to go back to since the Super League war and its aftermath fundamentally changed the structure of RL in this country.

The only option would be a national reserve grade competition a la the Toyota Club. This is not the old system in any reasonable sense and carries the minor problem that not one of the clubs is remotely interested in such a competition.

You keep asserting this without any evidence.

Who the f**k are you Judge Judy?

The old system i was talking about was the old Sydney Comp long before the Drongos were thought of and rugby league was run a hell of a lot better than the joke it has become today.