What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the best junior player you have seen ?

richies

Juniors
:lol: Actually, he is a very good player..he has switched from Panthers to Bulldogs this year and will get to show his full potential. Only just 18..I expect him to fire with his new team.

I saw him in the dogs trials playing prop very big solid boy with a good work rate, so his only 18yo wow we do need some props as most moved up a grade last year

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
A good mate of mines uncle was the Aust Schoolboys team manager from the mid 80's until a few years back & he rated Lance Thompson as the best junior he had seen, alongside Brad Fittler.

Another who springs t mind would be Greg Alexander. He was a champion by he time he was 20.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
the best junior player i actually saw would probably be Jarryd Anderson funnily enough, yeah he played in my district, as did Brebt sherwin, Riddell etc, but he was a far and away standout.

btaag

Juniors
In the modern, post Golden age era (1987 onwards), the kids that most impressed me were:

Simon Scanlon - (from memory a spine injury cut his career way too short)
Jaime Lyon - (totally dominated players his own age and made Meaghen look like his less talented younger brother.
Danny Sullivan - (as noted, such a shame he had a bad knee injury that got a golden staph infection).

Avenger

Immortal
i smashed eric grothe jr once and scored twice on him, i was pretty damn good
My younger brother played against Eric when he was playing for Eagle Vale in a trial against Chester Hill Hornets (My little brother's team). I can honestly say that my brother was quicker at age 15 or so then Eric Grothe Jr.

lingard

Coach
The best junior player I`ve ever seen was Robert Foster. He played five-eight for Parramatta East Primary School in the late 1960`s. Anyone ever heard of him? Nah, I guess not. I played half-back ........ and no one`s ever heard of me.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
The best junior player I`ve ever seen was Robert Foster. He played five-eight for Parramatta East Primary School in the late 1960`s. Anyone ever heard of him? Nah, I guess not. I played half-back ........ and no one`s ever heard of me.

Yeah I remember that 5/8. I only remember him because the halfback was such a gun.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hey Lingard you may get a call up ;-) Might be a bit young with our recruitment policy though.