What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider

Post Whore
Merry Xmas for Friday gents. I shall be no doubt having a few sljivovic (plum) during the course of the day. My outlaws will also no doubt feed me until I burst. Usual story with the Balkans. Why do they always have enough food for 20 even though there is only 8 of us ? :lol:
i was fortunate enough to have married into a 2nd xmas also (this friday) ... and yes there is never a shortage of food ... but we only use rakija for medicinal purposes :sarcasm:

ps: i believe a peach is a praska (well it is where my mrs is from - i can't string a sentence together, but I know all the words for different foods :D)

spiderdan

Bench
i was fortunate enough to have married into a 2nd xmas also (this friday) ... and yes there is never a shortage of food ... but we only use rakija for medicinal purposes :sarcasm:
but there are so many other uses for rakija. i recall a story when i was a teen, a mate's father ran out of petrol for the lawn mower so he used rakija to get it going and finish mowing the lawn.

MrT

Juniors
Thanks Gronk. Rogue has a Croatian background and has already had his Christmas. I have a busy week. Christmas and then my slava or name day 2 days later.

Wow I didn't expect so many from the Balkans here. Was surprised there are so many here supporting the Eels when football (soccer) is more the go

MrT

Juniors

ps: i believe a peach is a praska (well it is where my mrs is from - i can't string a sentence together, but I know all the words for different foods :D)

Strider it's breskva

big boppa eel

Juniors
Wow I didn't expect so many from the Balkans here. Was surprised there are so many here supporting the Eels when football (soccer) is more the go
Nor did I most of the Cro s that I know follow Roosters because they have the same colours as the Croation flag :roll:

Gronk

Staff member
Serbian flag is same tri colours too IIRC.

Just on rakiya running the mower, that is piss funny as I have jokingly said that for many years. The Bride has many uncles over there who still make their own.

lucablight

First Grade
so having said that, you would of given him an upgrade to 400K + to match or better the Warriors offer?

I would have re-signed him ahead of Mortimer before the Warriors got a look in.
As I said previously how do you explain those stats I brought up?

boxhead

First Grade

Stats never tell the full story.There is a difference between quality contributions and a large quanity of contributions.

Any Eels fan that watched them play this year would say that Mateo tried hard at times and when he did his amazing talent showed through, allowing him to make so many metres or create so much space for our other players. Most of the time though, the quality of his contributions and his committment did not shine through; too many times he made mistakes such as mistimed offloads or dropping the ball, not because of a lack of effort but more a lack of....concentration?

If Mateo was playing at his best consistently this season, those stats would be even better - and I mean a whole level better - than what they currently are.

Stagger eel

Staff member

well then you'd be wrapped that the man who made the decision is no longer at the club.

lets move on..

Avenger

Immortal
Back from Hervey Bay, I hope I don't offend anyone but IMHO it's a sh*thole full of can eaters.

Anyway I say it every year but I cannot wait for the season to start. The league off season is way too long.

hindy111

Post Whore
I wish mateo was still here-he was the guy who shold of been getting the ball on the 5th 10mtrs out-hope he kills it at NZ

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Back from Hervey Bay, I hope I don't offend anyone but IMHO it's a sh*thole full of can eaters.

Anyway I say it every year but I cannot wait for the season to start. The league off season is way too long.

Yeah I went to Hervey Bay about 5years ago. Didn't rate it.

caylo

Bench
Stats never tell the full story.There is a difference between quality contributions and a large quanity of contributions.

Any Eels fan that watched them play this year would say that Mateo tried hard at times and when he did his amazing talent showed through, allowing him to make so many metres or create so much space for our other players. Most of the time though, the quality of his contributions and his committment did not shine through; too many times he made mistakes such as mistimed offloads or dropping the ball, not because of a lack of effort but more a lack of....concentration?

If Mateo was playing at his best consistently this season, those stats would be even better - and I mean a whole level better - than what they currently are.

I agree that Mateos stats could have been better but he was one of our most consistant meter makers along with the four props. He made more meters then ever other player in the pack outside of Fui (and hayne and Grothe are th eonly other two who avg more meters in the whole team) and balanced our backrow well. He made around 22 tackles a game (avg 57min) which is much less then Hindy (45 tackles - 76min) and Benny (30 tackles - 72min) although he does play less min.

Mateo's passing game is not as bad as people make out, in 2009 his support players where taking those passes but in 2010 they put them down. His major concern was his fitness, he should have been playing 70-80min not 55min a game.

He was one of our best attacking weapons last year and on 2009 but for 400k he is not worth it, for 250-300K I would have been more than happy for him to stay but no backrower in the world is worth 400K.

Avenger

Immortal
I agree that Mateos stats could have been better but he was one of our most consistant meter makers along with the four props. He made more meters then ever other player in the pack outside of Fui (and hayne and Grothe are th eonly other two who avg more meters in the whole team) and balanced our backrow well. He made around 22 tackles a game (avg 57min) which is much less then Hindy (45 tackles - 76min) and Benny (30 tackles - 72min) although he does play less min.

Mateo's passing game is not as bad as people make out, in 2009 his support players where taking those passes but in 2010 they put them down. His major concern was his fitness, he should have been playing 70-80min not 55min a game.

He was one of our best attacking weapons last year and on 2009 but for 400k he is not worth it, for 250-300K I would have been more than happy for him to stay but no backrower in the world is worth 400K.
What we should have done is sign Kearney earlier and acquire Jeremy Smith for $300K.

dazeely

First Grade

I was wondering why the f**k you were going there in the first place. Qlders are too smart to go there. Only interstate losers go there for holidays. Should have asked avenger.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I was wondering why the f**k you were going there in the first place. Qlders are too smart to go there. Only interstate losers go there for holidays. Should have asked avenger.

Where should I go up there? Somewhere preferably with no qlders around.

SDM

First Grade

Selective. You only put a number on tackles, not missed tackles, ineffective tackles, errors, tackles where Mortimer grassed the bloke then Mateo jumped on his back etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.