What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FnF on hold for Royal Wedding

Wedding or Footy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

docbrown

Coach
Hopefully they just move the footy to Thursday night instead.

Probably the smartest option. This would be a good opportunity for the NRL to do an experiment.

Perhaps play 1 Channel 9 game on the Thursday night at 7:30pm, to see exactly how it rates and what the attendance is like.

Then play 2 games on Channel 9 on Sunday from 2pm to 6pm for the same reason - or a Sunday night game from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.

With what I suspect will be very strong numbers for any scenario, it's a great opportunity to flex some muscle during negotiations.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
We're gen y, ALL gen y women (and some men) use "like" in that context...or any context really.

so.. if this is, like, true, is it,like, a case of gen y's inserting useless filler words into your sentences so that you can, like, enjoy the limelight for longer when speaking? or is it, like, that like is actually the new, like, word for "um" and that, like, you are actually having, like, difficulty stringing sentences together and, like, you need to insert the word "like" in there to give yourself, like, more thinking time?

it means you're severely under the thumb mate... if mrs muzby wants to watch something and i'm not keen, i just go read a book or go for a run with the dog & then everyone is happy...

nobody forces anyone to watch anything...

docbrown

Coach
Put it on Fox with no ads. f**k 9!

I think it's a good excuse to show just how many options the NRL has.

The more options -
the more complicated the bidding strategies in the TV negotiations -
the more competitive the auction -
the more the networks will be forced to dish out.

LRC

I think the French had the right idea on July 14 1789..... bring back the guilotine and march them all in one by one...now that would be worth watching.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
If my wife tries to make me watch the bloody royal wedding, she'll get a real lesson on just who's boss. Right after I finish watching the footy on the small telly in the bedroom.

:lol: I am odds on to be watching the footy on the small telly, that will be one Friday night that will not be worth the grief.

Perth Red

Post Whore
first the hysteria of Queen Oprah, now ta royal wedding that has diddly to do with us. How sad is our country becoming?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Wow, some of you guys have it rough. My girl said she would rather watch the footy.

And BunniesMan. Do you live with your girlfriend or your parents?

adamkungl

Immortal
Football was always going to take a backseat to this and so it should. Besides, it will be nice to see a culturally significant event on the television. If you want to watch football when it's on then go to the game. Or if you can't get to a game then go out to dinner with your family, go to the theatre, a concert or something. Pretty easy huh?

Rubbish. A couple of poms getting married is of no significance to most people here.

adamkungl

Immortal
:lol: Bunniesman is whiiiiiiped. The picture becomes a little clearer.

As for cultural significance in Australia:

Any sporting event of any significance > daylight > the Royal Family

When I think of Australian culture, i think of sport. Rich twats don't really register.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i notice bunniesman is not on the computer at the moment...

guessing bunnieswoman said his 45 minutes were up...

siv

First Grade
Here is a thought - cancel FNF and play the 2 extra games on Sunday afternoon !!

Wasn't a problem in the 1980's where RL was at its biggest

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Buy a ticket and go the game if your so stressed about missing a NRL game due to the wedding,problem solved.

Latest posts