What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are the genuine title threats for this year?

LRC

One thing you need is depth... especially in the halves, hooker and front rowers.

Some teams are struggling to find one set of halves capable of challenging.

Im a roosters man and take confidence in the fact that we have 3 genuine first graders who can cover the halves with a little bit of a shuffle and have a couple of talented dummy halves who can play firsts.

Any combination of Pearce,Carney and Anasta will still be competetive (although carney is the X factor)

Front row and centre could get a little thin but thats for most teams.

cleary89

Coach
Neither Souths nor Manly will win it.

Other 9 might actually be a decent bet - Raiders are a good chance, especially if Campese comes back in time to play in the finals. They've got close to the best forward pack in the competition, and their backline is probably in the top 4.

I don't think Penrith will win it, but they're certainly capable of it. Again, great forward pack, plenty of speed out wide. Something tells me that they won't be able to rely on Luke Walsh's boot to score tries in 2011 - but they still have Lewis and Coote, who are both good ball players in their own right.

Then your chances drop off a bit. The Bulldogs really need a year or two for all the young players to gel, and they've lost a lot of experience in key positions. Knights need a good prop or 3. Broncos could be a chance, but it all depends on how Lockyer travels - if he gets injured, they're stuffed. Melbourne still have 3 of the Big 4, but I have a feeling they're overdue for a serious injury to one of them, which would throw their whole season.

I think the Cowboys, Sharks and Eels would be lucky to make the top 8.

Thats what I said, I ruled out souths and manly. I thought it was a pretty decent bet.

Raiders could go close, Penrith are probably on par with say a warriors or a Titans. Melbourne are probably the only one's I could see winning it, unless parra does what the hayne fans think he can do.

I probably wont take the bet I guess.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Be interested to see peoples thoughts on this bet my 2 mates have. One took saints, manly, titans and warriors to win, the other took roosters, souths and wests. Who has the better deal? They also offered me the other 9 for the same money. Worth it?

Id say your mate that has 4 teams over the others 3.

perverse

Referee
i reckon the other 9 are good value.

Storm, Canberra, Brisbane amongst others are capable teams... and before a ball is kicked, who knows?

netic

Juniors
Haynetrain, as always your lack of Intelligence never seems to amaze me.

Parra didnt make the eight in 2010 - FACT

You predicted they would - FACT

You are a wanker - FACT

Nobody takes you seriously - FACT

Atleast the tigers gave both Grand finalist a good game unlike the game parra played against the roosters - FACT

Your a Wanker - FACT (had to do that one again)

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He also said that Dugan would be the better fullback if the Raiders made the 8 and Parra didn't. Fact.

Even Hayntrain is all about Dugan.

cleary89

Coach
Be interested to see peoples thoughts on this bet my 2 mates have. One took saints, manly, titans and warriors to win, the other took roosters, souths and wests. Who has the better deal? They also offered me the other 9 for the same money. Worth it?

Thought I would work it out using centrebets odds for premiership winner, so then I can find out if my bet has decent value.

Saints are paying $6.50, so are a 5.5-1 favorite.

Saints 1/5.5 + Manly 1/16 + Titans 1/16 + Warriors 1/13 = 80/208 = 38%

Roosters 1/6.5 + Souths 1/6.5 + Wests 1/8 = 22.5/52 = 43%

Other 9 = 19%

Wanted to do sportsbet odds as well.

Saints 1/5 + Manly 1/16 + Titans 1/16 + Warriors 1/13 = 82/208 = 39%

Roosters 1/7.5 + Souths 1/7.5 + Wests 1/7 = 43/105 = 41%

Numbers don't seem right, maybe I should have done what its paying, not the actual odds. Could work it out by adding up the other 9, but cbf. Either way shows its a pretty even bet.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
Roosters likely top 25. I'm expecting big things

1. Minichiello
2. Perrett
3. Kenny-Dowall
4. Linnett
5. J. Carney
6. T. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Ryles
9. Friend
10. Kennedy
11. Myles
12. Nuuausala
13. Anasta

14. Riddell
15. Leilua
16. Warea-Hargreaves
17. Conn

18. Guerra
19. Cherrington
20. Cordner
21. Masoe
22. Symonds
23. Aubusson (injured)
24. Watts (injured)
25. Graham (injured)

cleary89

Coach
A back and a reserve hooker on the bench? Or do you reckon piggy will play some back row as well.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Haynetrain, as always your lack of Intelligence never seems to amaze me.

Parra didnt make the eight in 2010 - FACT

You predicted they would - FACT

You are a wanker - FACT

Nobody takes you seriously - FACT

Atleast the tigers gave both Grand finalist a good game unlike the game parra played against the roosters -
FACT

Your a Wanker - FACT (had to do that one again)

LOL @ good game,they lost,doesn't matter how many they lost by they still lost.

Neither the Tigers or Eels won the GF therefore both are equal losers

NRL = 1 WINNER,15 LOSERS.

Latest posts