What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will you do...

reladith

Juniors
If the Board decide the knock back the Tinkler offer?

I am interested to read the responses?

Alex28

Coach
I'll keep supporting the club like I always have.

What does the post originator expect to get out of this article? Out the fans who wouldn't support the club through thick and thin?

Interested in your motivation...

cram

Bench
At the moment I will be like Alex.

This mornings developments have left a sour taste in my mouth. I am trying to keep emotion out of it but in a nutshell I hear Tinkler saying I am doing this fir the community and on the other hand I feel as if he is saying but if you don't give me want I want I will break you..,that's what this mornings newspaper articles are telling me.

Newynut

Juniors
I will support the club no matter what but they better have a good reason.
If they dont then we make them explain or sack them.

Yosh

Coach
I like how Tinkler is bullying the club to get his way. This is the kind of mentality that will win/buy us the comp! I've personally had enough of this family/community based organiArion crap!!! It used to work but the game has changed now. We need Tinkler if we want to take our game to the next level.

There you go, my 20 Korean Won

roopy

Referee
We haven't seen the financial breakdown, but what we have seen says Tinkler will immediately pay out our debt (3 or 4 Mill) and will make up our sponsership to 10 mill a year from it's current 7.
By my maths, his offer is worth between 3 million and 34 million depending on how well he runs the club.
The 100 million people are talking about is what he would be up for if he basically destroyed the club - assuming he didn't use his get out clause of handing the club back to the members, which he would.

From that, if anyone else offers a firm 3 or 4 million to pay out the debt, the board will have to weigh up the offers, because that is equal to the minimum Tinkler might be putting in.

If Tew has other offers, they don't need to be (puts little finger to side of mouth like Dr Evil) 100 MILLION DOLLARS.

The Tinkler offer seems very good on face value, but it isn't a big fat cheque with nine zeros like the press are reporting - so something else like a genuine cheque for 10 million would be a better deal for sure - not that we are likely to see that.

To sum up - I want the board to make a sober and considered judgement - without all the hype provided by headlines saying 100 million.

perverse

Referee
roopy, that is a load of bollocks. this privatisation, in my opinion, has less to do with how many zeros are on the cheque, and more to do with putting the right bloke at the helm, too. we don't even know who this other mystery offer is from... but i was surprised to hear that it may not be from the usual suspects like Singo and Con. either way, if the mystery entity comes in with an offer that is a bit higher then to me it means bugger all unless they match Tinkler in other areas, like passion for the town and team, business savvy, influence in our town, country wide (world wide?) reputation, knowledge of football... i mean you know, the intangibles basically. Tinkler has a great lot of intangibles in his favour, at least as far as the average punter is allowed to be aware anyway.

unless this other offer is significantly, and i mean significantly higher then both offers should be judged as much on their intangibles as their tangibles. Tinkler has guarenteed enough money, it's enough to make us into a powerhouse. taking an extra million for the sake of an extra million a year is a big kick in the teeth to a bloke who already has a track record of helping us, it's greedy and pointless... and to be honest it would be absolutely petty Tinklers management of the negotiation process were to influence our board to take the other offer. Tinklers first offer was farcical, but he has come in with the real deal this time. the one that adds up. it gives us everything we want, on face value, and in my opinion the other deal wants to either be from someone with an even more stellar history with our club (can't think of anyone), or it wants to be so stupidly above Tinklers offer financially that we have to take it instead (it's probably not even higher at all - it's probably in the same ballpark).

the $100mill figure means nothing. the fact that we'll be amognst the richest clubs in the NRL (no club get close to $10mill in sponsors to the best of my knowledge) should be enough, coupled with the absolute gluttony of other benefits Tinkler would bring with him.

perverse

Referee
Roopy - taking a $10mill dollar cheque is also completely bollocks as far as being a better deal goes. i think you'll recall that Tinklers original offer was, in effect, exactly that, a $10mill cheque. actually his first offer was higher than that, it was wiping our debts AND a $10mill cheque. the fact that it would be paid out over 10 years is irrelevant, $10mill was the figure.

roopy

Referee
roopy, that is a load of bollocks. this privatisation, in my opinion, has less to do with how many zeros are on the cheque, and more to do with putting the right bloke at the helm, too. we don't even know who this other mystery offer is from... but i was surprised to hear that it may not be from the usual suspects like Singo and Con. either way, if the mystery entity comes in with an offer that is a bit higher then to me it means bugger all unless they match Tinkler in other areas, like passion for the town and team, business savvy, influence in our town, country wide (world wide?) reputation, knowledge of football... i mean you know, the intangibles basically. Tinkler has a great lot of intangibles in his favour, at least as far as the average punter is allowed to be aware anyway.

unless this other offer is significantly, and i mean significantly higher then both offers should be judged as much on their intangibles as their tangibles. Tinkler has guarenteed enough money, it's enough to make us into a powerhouse. taking an extra million for the sake of an extra million a year is a big kick in the teeth to a bloke who already has a track record of helping us, it's greedy and pointless... and to be honest it would be absolutely petty Tinklers management of the negotiation process were to influence our board to take the other offer. Tinklers first offer was farcical, but he has come in with the real deal this time. the one that adds up. it gives us everything we want, on face value, and in my opinion the other deal wants to either be from someone with an even more stellar history with our club (can't think of anyone), or it wants to be so stupidly above Tinklers offer financially that we have to take it instead (it's probably not even higher at all - it's probably in the same ballpark).

the $100mill figure means nothing. the fact that we'll be amognst the richest clubs in the NRL (no club get close to $10mill in sponsors to the best of my knowledge) should be enough, coupled with the absolute gluttony of other benefits Tinkler would bring with him.
You don't know anything about the other offer/offers - if they even exist.

I don't either.

I won't have an opinion on their merits till i do - and i haven't got a firm opinion on Tinkler's offer yet either, because i don't know enough about it, except it isn't as big as the headline figure says.

If the board think another offer stacks up, and like i said, it might if it is as low as 4 mill - then i've got an open mind.

This is in no way calling the Tinkler deal a bad one. It looks to me that we are guarenteed an extra 3 mill plus the interest on our debt, so about 3 and a quarter mill extra to spend, under the Tinkler deal. That's good money. I'd be happy with that - or a better deal if the board has one - and that could be anything from coal and allied buyout to the Gidley brothers pooling their millions with Simmo to buy out the team (that's a joke B-dos).

roopy

Referee
Roopy - taking a $10mill dollar cheque is also completely bollocks as far as being a better deal goes. i think you'll recall that Tinklers original offer was, in effect, exactly that, a $10mill cheque. actually his first offer was higher than that, it was wiping our debts AND a $10mill cheque. the fact that it would be paid out over 10 years is irrelevant, $10mill was the figure.
It was 10 mill with strings attached - and could have been nothing if things went his way.
Same as this deal could be nothing if he can boost the sponsership by 3 mill a year without dipping into his own pcket.

stormy77

Juniors
I think you need to get rid of the board. I believe they are unable to make the right decisions that are no doubt good for your club. Tew is obviously out of his depth and struggles to make decisions which is clear in his attitude towards this whole process. Start Fresh Newcastle......

I will be very upset. This is as good as it will ever get. Tinkler wants to turn us into the Real Madrid of rugby league. His ambition is staggering. Russell Crowe got Souths on the cheap and absolutely did over his supporters. They are already blowing up deluxe about this offer on the telegraph's website. I am certain every marquee player in the game is watching this one closely. Money talks and BS walks.

Spot On

Coach
I will be very upset. This is as good as it will ever get. Tinkler wants to turn us into the Real Madrid of rugby league. His ambition is staggering. Russell Crowe got Souths on the cheap and absolutely did over his supporters. They are already blowing up deluxe about this offer on the telegraph's website. I am certain every marquee player in the game is watching this one closely. Money talks and BS walks.

I'm definitely sure every player manager has the big man's number on the speed dial ready to go if the deal goes through. The dollar signs in their eyes will be blinding them. They are rubbing their hands together. They can smell the money. I loathe them.

Alex28

Coach
I think you need to get rid of the board. I believe they are unable to make the right decisions that are no doubt good for your club. Tew is obviously out of his depth and struggles to make decisions which is clear in his attitude towards this whole process. Start Fresh Newcastle......

What - that they knocked back a $1 Million sponsorship guarantee which risked an existing $1 Million sponsorship for a guaranteed $10 Million in sponsorship per year?

Yup...out of their depth. Sack the lot of them!