What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

BunniesMan

Immortal
Total memberships and crowd sizes are what matters. Going nuts about ticketed membership ahead of total membership is just splitting hairs. And yes I thought that while we were coming 1st in both.

yadamisha

Juniors
So the sharks signed up bugger all ticketed members during the drive then?

I guess regular members are still alright for the clubs bottom line but not quite as good.

Those figures for the Sharks are pre Battle of the Beaches.

Total membership figures are now nearly 6000, smashing last year's total after signing up 3017 members during the Battle of the Beaches! There was almost 300 concourse Season Seats sold in one night in the Harvey Norman Bay. The Father/son initiative was also ticketed so a fair portion of these would be ticketed. We will see the real story in next weeks figures. No tickets were reduced in price though the father/son meant the child was free AFTER the adult bought a full priced ticket. Re the HN Bay a sponsor paid for half the ticket so the club still gets the full value of the seat price. This was also done last year.

Manly just gave kids tickets away for nothing and counted them as members - shouldn't count in my opinion. Does that mean we should count every registered junior rugby league player in the shire as a member as they get a NRL season pass because they play the game. This means they don't really need to buy a Sharks Season ticket.

Last edited:

andrew057

First Grade
That's a hands-down winner in the 'highest amount of cheap, non-ticketed memberships sold by an imaginary team that isn't officially competing in 2013' category.

Good effort.

Pretty good effort for club with no team.

I'd say the trade off is pretty fair.

jim_57

Staff member
From Titans facebook page

Australian Power & Gas supported the Gold Coast Titans throughout 2010, so we’re super excited to have them continue this in 2011. To help make sure there’s always a roaring crowd in support of the Titans they’ve put together this great offer.
Sign up to Australian Power & Gas & they’ll pay for a 2011 Titans 4 Game Supe...r Pack!

click here
www.australianpowerandgas.com.au/registertitans

RWB

Bench
So the sharks signed up bugger all ticketed members during the drive then?

I guess regular members are still alright for the clubs bottom line but not quite as good.

These figures were taken before the end of the competition. Probably add another ~1,000 to the Sharks

yadamisha

Juniors
These figures were taken before the end of the competition. Probably add another ~1,000 to the Sharks

I'd say more like 2000 to the Sharks based on a conservative 66% off the new members signed last week being ticketed.

Jankuloski

Juniors
Anyone notice how the spirit of this topic is so cool? Everyone is rooting for their team, but at the same time for every other as well.. congratulating opponents if their club does well..

Coming from a country with predominantly soccer culture, it's really good to see.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Anyone notice how the spirit of this topic is so cool? Everyone is rooting for their team, but at the same time for every other as well.. congratulating opponents if their club does well..

Coming from a country with predominantly soccer culture, it's really good to see.
Speak for yourself.