What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Team up with Bon Jovi for 2011 theme song

Lambretta

First Grade
When reading this thread (and this forum in general) I'm reminded of the old saying "if you try to please everyone, you'll end up failing".

Oh I agree 100% - but us internet hero's naturally assume that by pleasing us first, the rest of the World would then have to agree with how awesome we are.

The truth of course would be completely different and then we'd spend the next 20 years wondering what the hell is wrong with everyone and why are you all so crap?

Now shush :p

Redback71

First Grade
cool wonder if they will play at the grand final. will be awesome to finally have a descent act play

Redback71

First Grade
not sure about the song but Bon Jovi are awesome.

two theme songs I would like to see are

1/ The final Countdown - Europe
2/ Rocket - Def Leppard

LESStar58

Referee
Should have gone with The Blood Of Cu Cullain by the Danna Brothers (some of you might have known it from the credits to Boondock Saints). ;-)

No, good move to get such a big act to plug us. Can't say I like them, or rather they just churn out sh*t which is never going to beat the New Jersey/Slippery When Wet era but they are big, they are known and to get a name like them is pretty massive!

LRC

That's pretty good - probably because it's a different song

That band is Burn Halo...don tknowmuch about them but the song rocks!

I reckon Kick Start My Heart from Motley c
rue is the best sports anthem..it pumps and the chorus is total sports adrenaline.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Just had a listen to the song. I think it will work pretty well. It's simple has a decent beat for quick flashy images in an ad campaign. Step in the right direction for the NRL.

I thought Muse's "Time is running out" would be a good choice, but then I'd forgotten the Knights of Cydonia"

Lyrics include "No ones gonna take us alive"
"Don't waste your time or time will waste you"

and a kick arse heavy guitar riff and loads of crashing drums.
That would rock the house down.

PS. Muse's musical is rock music written in a classical style. Listen to the way the melodys move around. The writer is classically trained and it shows.

Muse, now there's a sh*t band.

lol @ Timmah acting like Martin Luther King jr. "we as people..." lol smh

wittyfan

Referee
No doubt there'll be some sort of remix to suit the style of ad.

Though a collaboration of Bon Jovi, Barnsey and Guy Sebastian would have been heaven tbh.

lol

When I saw it I immediately thought of you.

I think it's a good thing, even though I haven't heard the song yet. Bon Jovi are huuuuuugeeeee..

What an awful song.

This is what happens when you get a bunch of old blokes trying to figure out what the kids these days will want to hear.

Suit 1: "So, what should we use in the NRL marketing this year?"
Suit 2: "Well, Bon Jovi is pretty popular."
Suit 1: "Great. Let's use one of their songs."
Suit 2: "Which song?"
Suit 1: "I don't know. Use one that's so crap, they didn't even want on their album. It'll be cheaper"

Latest posts