What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Gibbs and Brandy Alexanders radio sport show?

Prop Forward

Juniors
Has it been cancelled?

Sports Today on 2UE

Wasn't on tonight

I used to get my nightly rugby league fix from their show.

Brutus

Referee
A disgraceful decision too.

So much for a new direction when they replace it with the friggin Two Murrays.

Email the station with your complaints.

Brandy and Gibbsy provided some great RL debate throughout the footy season.

gronkathon

First Grade
Certainly made my commute alot better on the way home.

Agree that it is an utter disgrace the show got canned

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Id like listening to them but didnt really listen to them much after 2sm's Talkin Sport got more popular.

But still their time slot was from 6-8pm, so I still listened a bit in that final hour and it was quite good with Alexander and Gibbs.

Ausguy

Coach
It's farked now I have to listen to Gavin robertson give graeme Hughes bj's all night

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Hope the new format rates worse and Sports Today is brought back. Used to be plenty of great Rugby League coverage on the show!

Brutus

Referee
I can't see how the Two Murrays will rate at all. Those two are known in the business as professional fill-ins. They are more suited to the weekend shift. I put them on for a bit yesterday in the hope of hearing either Brandy or Gibbsy have a yarn about sports and all the Murray's could yak on about was the same old stuff that had most probably been covered by every other presenter during that day.

4BC in Brisbane canned Sports Today for a period then brought it back so maybe 2UE will do the same.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I used to listen to them; Brandy was very good, Gibbs I couldn't stand - he was a whinger with one of the worst voices on radio. Was always hoping they would dump him & pair Brandy up with someone better. The two Murrays are unbearable, instant switch off.

Danish

Referee
Well there goes my sports listening on the way home.

Cannot stand Talkin Sport... worse than the continuous call team IMO. All they do is whinge about bringing scrums back and talk about how good the 80s were. About as interesting as a 3 week paint drying convention

BDGS

Bench
It wasn't cancelled, what happen was the show was successful but other shows on the station weren't.

So they decided to spilt them up into two different sports shows, not sure how its working because i haven't heard brandy's or gibb's new shows.

Brandy isn't doing his show atm due to being knocked out in the legends of origin match, last i heard.

It wasn't cancelled, what happen was the show was successful but other shows on the station weren't.

So they decided to spilt them up into two different sports shows, not sure how its working because i haven't heard brandy's or gibb's new shows.

Brandy isn't doing his show atm due to being knocked out in the legends of origin match, last i heard.

Huh?

I dont think your right there.

All brandy & gibbsy will be doing on 2ue this year is 5 min spots on a few of the other shows.

taxidriver

Coach
the show went downhill the day Gibbs took over.

he took an absolute pearler of a show and turned it into a turd.

LRC

I think Talkin SPorts is also canned on Saturdays...another pro RL show gone...leaves us with GB unfortunately. ABC for the call.

Brutus

Referee
Yep Talkin Sport canned on Sats, but they will still be doing their AFL stuff on that day. What a joke.

Sports Today gone as well. (Gibbsy was wayyyy better than Peter Bosley. At least Gibbsy had an opinion).

RL content on radio is slowly diminishing.

Yep Talkin Sport canned on Sats, but they will still be doing their AFL stuff on that day. What a joke.

Sports Today gone as well. (Gibbsy was wayyyy better than Peter Bosley. At least Gibbsy had an opinion).

RL content on radio is slowly diminishing.

Sports content of all kinds is diminishing with the cancellation of these shows.

I enjoyed the sports talk on the way home from work. All you get on the AM stations is politics. They talk about it all day, and now they want you to listen to it in the evening as well.
The sports was a nice change at the end of the day.

I don't like Talkin' Sport, but there's no alternative apart from listening to crap FM stations or CDs.

Brutus

Referee
Sports content of all kinds is diminishing with the cancellation of these shows.

I enjoyed the sports talk on the way home from work. All you get on the AM stations is politics. They talk about it all day, and now they want you to listen to it in the evening as well.
The sports was a nice change at the end of the day.

I don't like Talkin' Sport, but there's no alternative apart from listening to crap FM stations or CDs.

Talkin Sport has it's negatives (mainly Robertson), but it is primarily a RL show in the winter which is bloody good, considering the alternatives.

I can't work out 2UE's logic for cutting their sports show. The 2 Murray's will just re-hash what every other announcer has talked about previously in the day.

Talkin Sport has it's negatives (mainly Robertson), but it is primarily a RL show in the winter which is bloody good, considering the alternatives.

I can't work out 2UE's logic for cutting their sports show. The 2 Murray's will just re-hash what every other announcer has talked about previously in the day.

I'm not a big fan of Graeme Hughes and I can't stand Peter Tunks.

Papworth is pretty much the only bloke I like on the show.

So many of their regular callers are such morons too. :lol:

Latest posts