What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

America V the rest of the world..who would win?

taste2taste

Juniors
Who do you think would win in a game USA V rest of the world
here's a rough guide as to what the teams might be

USA
C - Duncan
PF - Garnett
SF - James
SG - Bryant
PG - Kidd

Subs - McGrady, Stoudimire, Anthony, Iverson, Bosh

Rest of the world
C - Yao
PF - Nowitzki
SF - Kirilenko
SG - Ginobli
PG - Nash

Subs - Gasol, Parker, Deng, Stojokovic, Bargnani

the game would be played under NBA rules

edabomb

First Grade
I think the rest of the world would. The starting line up is a better all around team IMO, with players more willing to share the ball than the USA lineup. USA has the better talent though, so I guess if they played a 7 games series I think it'd go the distance, and either team could win on their day.

El Coconuto

Bench
Team USA Starting Five:

PG. Jason Kidd
SG. Kobe Bryant
SF. LeBron James
PF. Tim Duncan
C. Dwight Howard

Team USA Bench:

PG. Deron Williams/Chris Paul
SG. Dwayne Wade
SF. Carmelo Anthony
PF. Kevin Garnett
C. Amare Stoudamire

And I think Team USA would win fairly handily if it were NBA regulations. Nash and Kidd would cancel each other out as would Howard and Yao. But KB24 and LJ23 would DESTROY the Manu/Kirilenko tandem. Team USA in a blowout if they played seriously...

Stonecutter

First Grade
aqua_duck said:
Hmmm not sure the USA team could handle so many egos in the one team

How will they shair the shots between Kobe, Lebron, Mcgrady, and Iverson along with those egos? The World team would definitely perform as a unit better. Also to taste2tastes team I'd have Dwight Howard over Chris Bosh.

In NBA rules I'd lean towards the USA, but in FIBA rules i'd take the World team.

Panthers_God

Juniors
What about Theodorus Papalukous... he pwns the US team.

Maybe whack Barbosa on the bench too.

It would definently be a good game to watch, thats for sure.

well, the USA struggle at the fiba world champs, ud have togo with the rest of the world, surely. Oh, and ud have to start Pau Gasol, the guys a superstar.

As a Raptor fan I can tell you Bargnani definiteley does not belong on that team.

The way the OP reads it looks like the USA team would win. And based on the tournament of the Americas last August, Kobe and LeBron and Kidd do play together quite well. It made me think, with all the hand-wringing the US did over their losses at the last Olympics and World Championship, if they had just had Kobe and Kidd playing they might have won gold both times.

And under NBA rules the Yanks would win for sure, imo.

Not an elite player. He is still inconsistent, even now playing without Bosh, where the team needs him to produce more. I think he is what you see, above average, talented, but inconsistent.

edabomb

First Grade
*Double*

I will add I see the the USA winning this game nowadays. International talent levels have declined the past few seasons.