What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mannah & Keating Re-sign

hindy111

Post Whore
yeah and they probably got him cheap at this time of the year-If he comes out and plays great may be a good buy...
A friend of mine reckons he flew to fiji and sat near Hayne-Apparently had some intresting things to say.Wont repeat them-
talk later bonjour

hindy111

Post Whore
I recall his last contract beeing around $130K by memory.thou i could be out slightly.
If robson was offered 70-80 K and KK around 130K id say MK would be around the same.
As a junoir what was he like? Was he as good as ANTHONY MITCHELL??

True EEL

Bench
i can't believe the crap Matt Keating cops on this site....
he is a good, solid first grader and could improve from there
i expect him to start in 9 this year

hindy111

Post Whore
we lack attack- we need atack Mitchel has more attack in his game than MK. Mitchell i would choose.If we had a good halfback than an attacking 9 wouldnt be as important to me but we dont.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
we lack attack- we need atack Mitchel has more attack in his game than MK. Mitchell i would choose.If we had a good halfback than an attacking 9 wouldnt be as important to me but we dont.

Then it's your lucky day!

You don't have to choose; Mitchell can't play 80 minutes.

boxhead

First Grade
That's not cheap for a player who has struggled to stay in first grade mate and has failed to convince many of his one time many fans, that he is a decent player.

But hey, maybe SK, you and some others here, can see something in him (before he has even played one first grade game under the new coach)that the rest of us are struggling to. And I don't mean talent, we can see that he has enough of that to play first grade. I am talking about knowing how to put in together out on the field consistently.

But hey, maybe SK having a big head and all can somehow bring it out of him and make him a consistently good player. Time will tell.

What the hell are you talking about? Struggled to stay in first-grade? He had a record of about 50 or more performances in first-grade in a row! He struggled in 2010 but still played most of the season! Jeez some people need to check their memories.... You must really dislike him if you say that he hasn't convinced anyone he is a decent player, what do 2008 and 2009 mean to you? He was very good in both those years and well above 'decent'.

Difference is mate, he has played under several coaches, so if Kearney believes he is the first-choice hooker, then I am more inclined to listen to him than you, considering Kearney is the head coach and knows these players better than us. Obviously Anderson and Hagan saw something in him or he wouldn't be in first-grade right now, would he?

Consistency? Did you only watch 2010? Are you serious? Aside from 2010, Keating has been one of most consistent players! Talk about not knowing your stuff :crazy: Kearney has every right to select Keating in any fashion.

Yes he's awesome.

Until Mitchell develops and gets more first-grade time, he really is more than likely our best hooker.

Mitchell can't play 80 minutes, nor has he got enough first-grade experience or match-fitness to be a starting hooker. The value of having both Keating and Mitchell in the side is that Keating is very good defensively and Mitchell is very good in attack. Keating should start games where he can allow Mitchell to come on, say 20-25 minutes in, and tear up (potentially).
It's a far better plan than throwing an unproven rookie into the starting role as an 80 minute player or merely a starting hooker. It's far more logical to throw Keating or Mcguire into the starting role and let Mitchell come off the bench.

boo_boo

Juniors
I haven't read all of the post's on this thread but if i was an Eels supporter i'd be very happy about the signing of both Keating & Mannah & i would be looking to utilise Mitchell as a utility.
3 very good players that will be an asset to the Eels in years to come.

spartan2153

Juniors
What the hell are you talking about? Struggled to stay in first-grade? He had a record of about 50 or more performances in first-grade in a row! He struggled in 2010 but still played most of the season! Jeez some people need to check their memories.... You must really dislike him if you say that he hasn't convinced anyone he is a decent player, what do 2008 and 2009 mean to you? He was very good in both those years and well above 'decent'.

Difference is mate, he has played under several coaches, so if Kearney believes he is the first-choice hooker, then I am more inclined to listen to him than you, considering Kearney is the head coach and knows these players better than us. Obviously Anderson and Hagan saw something in him or he wouldn't be in first-grade right now, would he?

Consistency? Did you only watch 2010? Are you serious? Aside from 2010, Keating has been one of most consistent players! Talk about not knowing your stuff :crazy: Kearney has every right to select Keating in any fashion.

Until Mitchell develops and gets more first-grade time, he really is more than likely our best hooker.

Mitchell can't play 80 minutes, nor has he got enough first-grade experience or match-fitness to be a starting hooker. The value of having both Keating and Mitchell in the side is that Keating is very good defensively and Mitchell is very good in attack. Keating should start games where he can allow Mitchell to come on, say 20-25 minutes in, and tear up (potentially).
It's a far better plan than throwing an unproven rookie into the starting role as an 80 minute player or merely a starting hooker. It's far more logical to throw Keating or Mcguire into the starting role and let Mitchell come off the bench.

yet i am the bully lol

cant people have a opinion

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Difference is mate, he has played under several coaches, so if Kearney believes he is the first-choice hooker, then I am more inclined to listen to him than you, considering Kearney is the head coach and knows these players better than us.

Nah boxhead, Kearney hasn't proven anything. What the f**k would he know?

Has he even played the game?

HevyDevy

Coach
Ahhh, the old "coach knows best" argument.

How many games did Ben Kusto play under Brian Smith?

The Colonel

Immortal
Ahhh, the old "coach knows best" argument.

How many games did Ben Kusto play under Brian Smith?

Too many.

Though to compare Keating with Kusto is a bit unfair to Keating. He is a smart footballer and much more consistent than his brother though they would have worked well in rotation. He does need to stop taking the step before he passes though. It will be interesting to see how Keating, Mitchell and McGuire are used by Kearney.

True EEL

Bench
i still expect Keating to start with McGuire and Mitchell to fight it out for the bench spot, unless of course that McGuire is potentially, possibly used at lock???

HevyDevy

Coach
I would say that there are plenty of cases where fans have known there were better options available.

Here's another one for you - I know better than the Australian cricket selectors too.

HevyDevy

Coach
Correct hiney.

My point is that coaches make mistakes too. It would be silly to suggest otherwise. And when coaches make mistakes the fans recognise it.

In that sense, yes, there are times when a fan can know better than the coach.

Vira

Juniors
Keating is one of our best players. We should stop criticizing our Players and support them as much as we love the club and team. I'M A PARRA FAN ALL DAY EVERYDAY I'VE BLUE AND GOLD BLOOD. just sick of people putting down our boys.