What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Trial

franklin2323

Immortal
Well guys the squad for the trip has been named who actually plays we will find out later. I am heading up. Anyone else?. Squad: Gordon. Earl. Jennings. Tighe. Simmons. Taumata. Walsh. Petero. Masada. Grant. Waterhouse. Smith. Lewis. Burns. McKendry. Gordon. Bell. Junior Paulo. Weston. Gibb. Wakeman. Sene-Lafeo, Fatiaki. Walker. Purtell. Elford. Duff. Austin. Seijka. I can't see House, Lewis, Petero or Jenko playing but they are making the trip which is good for the locals

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Any word on Seijka, he should see some game time in the trial I would think.
Yeah he should. I heard everyone will get at least 1 qtr. I guess it would depend who actually runs out. At the worst 20 mins will help him & Austin. I would like him to get longer. Say him and Taumata play qtr 2 & 4. On Taumata on Fox the other night Brandy said he & Gordon had trained well. Which is good to hear both would strengthen our team

mxlegend99

Referee
Purtell -Will he get into first grade team this year?? hope not
He'll be the first player picked each week. Matt Elliott will always find a spot for him in the team. He was easily the worst regular starting back in 2010.

I can't see anyone in the lower grades or reserve grades having done any worse then him to be honest. His defence was pretty much non existent and the tries he scored had 99% of the work done for him most of the time.

franklin2323

Immortal
Wow what a game! 3 mins in Earl scored a blinder of a try. 2 mins to go Sene-Lafao scores to make it 22all. 3 secs left Purtell goes over. Coote, Jennings, Walsh, Petero, Smith, Waterhouse, Lewis all didn't play. Purtell only missed 1 tackle all night. Burns was outstanding in the 7 jersey he used the ball well a great kick for Earl's try. He was more confident in attack then anytime last year. Bell tore them up at lock. Sene-Lafeo seems to be infront of Gordon for the last bench spot. Some great off loads. However Laurie, Paulo haven't played yet. Yileen was decent but not spectacular. Seijka & Austin went well. Given who was out, it was our 1st hit out. It was a good start but it was just a trial but if thats a sign of things to come it could be a good season

bigfoot

Juniors
Thanks for the info franklin. Where did Austin play? 2nd row? Also, how were the halves used?... Taumata at five-eighth the whole game, and Burns and Seijka sharing halfback?

Spark Plug

Juniors
Wow what a game! 3 mins in Earl scored a blinder of a try. 2 mins to go Sene-Lafao scores to make it 22all. 3 secs left Purtell goes over. Coote, Jennings, Walsh, Petero, Smith, Waterhouse, Lewis all didn't play. Purtell only missed 1 tackle all night. Burns was outstanding in the 7 jersey he used the ball well a great kick for Earl's try. He was more confident in attack then anytime last year. Bell tore them up at lock. Sene-Lafeo seems to be infront of Gordon for the last bench spot. Some great off loads. However Laurie, Paulo haven't played yet. Yileen was decent but not spectacular. Seijka & Austin went well. Given who was out, it was our 1st hit out. It was a good start but it was just a trial but if thats a sign of things to come it could be a good season

wont burns be suspended after he took out Mcdonnell? Im a knights fan and obviously biased, but it didnt look good

franklin2323

Immortal
Thanks for the info franklin. Where did Austin play? 2nd row? Also, how were the halves used?... Taumata at five-eighth the whole game, and Burns and Seijka sharing halfback?
They got mixed up alot. Taumata pretty much played a full game. In the 3rd qtr he went off for abit but played 6 when it was 22-16 their way. It got hard to keep up after 1/2 time we were up 16-10 so got changes on. Seijka was always at 7. Burns, Taumata, Masada all had turns at 6. Austin played Lock with the odd play at 6. Didn't look out of place

franklin2323

Immortal
wont burns be suspended after he took out Mcdonnell? Im a knights fan and obviously biased, but it didnt look good
Didn't look good your right there. It's hard to say if it was that bad off 1 look. A slow motion replay might of shown it off better. Prob miss a game? What did you of the referees? My mate was blowing up with the piggy back penalties to make it 16all. I must say they looked fair enough to me. Especially as it was Masada. Seriously that guy is useless 4th year in 1st grade still giving stupid penalties away

Spark Plug

Juniors
Didn't look good your right there. It's hard to say if it was that bad off 1 look. A slow motion replay might of shown it off better. Prob miss a game? What did you of the referees? My mate was blowing up with the piggy back penalties to make it 16all. I must say they looked fair enough to me. Especially as it was Masada. Seriously that guy is useless 4th year in 1st grade still giving stupid penalties away

I'm not sure who the ref was, but there were some odd penalties- both ways.
But penalising Newcastle for being offside from a kick off.....in a trial match. FFS.
Its weird being at a game when you cant watch 15 replays of what actually happened though. I have preconceived ideas that Burns is a grub....maybe because he is from manly, but i thought it was bad. If it had of been gidley i would have been on the phone to David Gallop.

In saying that, Penrith looked far better in at least the first 40 mins and we were lucky to be only down 16-10 at half time. It is quite convenient that some of these trial matches in country towns go down to the wire......i know some of the other games tonight were blowouts, but i have memories of a trial played at the same ground when i was still living in the area about 15 years ago and Saints beat the sharks by a field goal....

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm not sure who the ref was, but there were some odd penalties- both ways.
But penalising Newcastle for being offside from a kick off.....in a trial match. FFS.
Its weird being at a game when you cant watch 15 replays of what actually happened though. I have preconceived ideas that Burns is a grub....maybe because he is from manly, but i thought it was bad. If it had of been gidley i would have been on the phone to David Gallop.

In saying that, Penrith looked far better in at least the first 40 mins and we were lucky to be only down 16-10 at half time. It is quite convenient that some of these trial matches in country towns go down to the wire......i know some of the other games tonight were blowouts, but i have memories of a trial played at the same ground when i was still living in the area about 15 years ago and Saints beat the sharks by a field goal....
Yeah. I heard the were going to crackdown on that & not playing with the foot. I would rather it in the trials then just 1 week during the season. Also do it all year, Especially Parra Mannah & Hayne never use their foot. He does have that repuation but rarely does illegal things is just a pain. Yeah abit of dropped ball but it was a good game

Latest posts