What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ireland has beaten the USA 26 to 8

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Based on reports the crowd was about 1000 and the Wolfhounds scored first and never looked back - final score 26 to 8

Tough day for the players on the USA Team - we feel for them - doesn't matter what side of the USARL/AMNRL split you are on, the players still give their all and we respect and thank them for representing their nation today

Evil Homer

Staff member
Pretty surprising result considering last year USA beat a Jamaica team made up mostly of pro players, and now have been comprehensively beaten by a bunch of amateurs from Ireland. Credit to the Irish boys and hopefully some of them can kick on and push on for a place in the full national team.

Last edited:

roopy

Referee
Tomahawks need to play about 50% of their games against sides that are a bit better than them, but I didn't think this would be one of those games.
Tomahawks won't get better if they just play sides they can beat.

Choo Choo

Juniors
Hats off to the Tomahawks that were on the pitch today. Tough loss and I'm sure they gave their all.

romeocbarsharks

Juniors
Pretty surprising result considering last year USA beat a Jamaica team made up mostly of pro players, and now have been comprehensively beaten by a bunch of amateurs from Ireland. Credit to the Irish boys and hopefully some of them can kick on and push on for a place in the full national team.

Jamaica's team had 10 domestic based amateur players and 10 UK based players, of which only 3 are full time pros, 6 were part timers and 1 was amateur.

As far as I know USA had a few imports of their own, teams were evenly matched but USA were better on the day.

Sounds like Ireland A were better on the day.

skrabsta

Juniors
I am surprised that Ireland did not win by more considering the amount of players that played in the Atlantic Cup last year that were not considered for this game. Hopefully by the time it comes to select the US side for the WC qualifyers it wont matter which competition the players play in and the team will be picked on ability.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Jamaica's team had 10 domestic based amateur players and 10 UK based players, of which only 3 are full time pros, 6 were part timers and 1 was amateur.

As far as I know USA had a few imports of their own, teams were evenly matched but USA were better on the day.

Sounds like Ireland A were better on the day.
It wasn't meant to be a dig at Jamaica, just that on paper they were a much stronger side than Ireland 'A'.

Latest posts