What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney last night.

bomberman

Juniors
Inglis played well last night, obvously lifting his game after the criticism he recieved.

Wesser threw a great pass to Inglis.

But the guy who's not getting the media attention who is lifting this side is Mick Crocker. This bloke is inspirational.

Good onya Souths.

Beowulf

Juniors
Inglis played well last night, obvously lifting his game after the criticism he recieved.

But the guy who's not getting the media attention who is lifting this side is Mick Crocker. This bloke is inspirational.

Good onya Souths.

Agree a fit Crocker is more important than Inglis to the team. With Burgess back, they will be in the top 6. Looking forward to Souths-Manly at the home of the Central Coast Bears next week. Lots of Bunnies fans and lots of Bears fans sandwiching Manly fans - should be entertaining!

Danish

Referee
Made to look better than they were by a terrible eels outfit who couldn't hold a ball and whose halves looked like lost boys inside the attacking 20.

Going to be good fun to see all the souths fans who were turning on Inglis last week dropping to the knees to thank him this week.

innsaneink

Referee
dont underestimate Chechin's performance
He was worse than Parra....refs not off to a good start this weekend.
But you must admit the better team won.
Souths still let them back in it....if they lead by only one instead of 20....well, groundhog day yet again.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Souths played well and have the ability to score points. they will make the 8 based on their attack but go no further based on their defence and halves.
How long can Crocker go injury free?

Gaba

First Grade
Souths wont make the 8, they will show they cant handle the pressure very well. I would back the side which is behind by 8-12 points against souths in the last 15 mins every time.

Goddo

Bench
Crocker dropped the ball a couple of times, once 5m out from Parra's line on the 1st tackle... a bit of perspective...

Paullyboy

Coach
I love crocker but in reality he wasn't close to being the reason the bunnies won. Momentum is everything in rugby league, particularly with a team that has someone like Sandow at half back and Sutton at 5/8, if that first eels disallowed try was allowed (as it should have been) I think the result would have been significantly different. The bunnies were just very, very lucky last night.

boonboon

Juniors
The Eels had four dissallowed tries and while I think the better team won - I also think both teams showed they are a long way from being finals contenders at this moment - Fantastic game by both Inglis and Taylor and a bad one from Hayne with a good one from Fui FUi but outside of that both teams were much the same - poor halves, bad defence and not great ball control

The 18th Man

Juniors
How much did Souths improve in relation to how bad were Parramatta? The Eels clearly, like the Titans, lack a Plan B in attack.

Dave Taylor and Greg Inglis on the LH side were wrecking balls, Rhys Wesser had his best game in a long, long time and the whole side's effort was A+. There was even a glimmer of hope from their wayward halves. Sandow was strong, Sutton had some good touches. Credit to Souths, a good win on a Friday night minus their inspirational little numbe nine for a good portion of the game. Young Tyrell put in an eye catching showing, looks the goods.

As for Parramatta - um ...

Congrats to Hindmarsh on his 10,000th tackle?

chrisc101

Juniors
Great to see the bunnies get the cash but just as an aside, in terms of football IQ they have to be the dumbest team in the competition. Consistently they make such stupid decisions, especially late in the tackle count. Certainly have the ability to win a comp but doubt they have the smarts.

Last night showed that neither team will be anywhere near the top8 come end of the year.

Yep - the better team on the night won but really, they are both rubbish. Cechin did everything he could to help Souths win that.

Given all the decisions going thier way and our mistakes, Souffs should have won by more. Don't get too excited on Inglis - Etu and Morgan are turnstiles, getting through them is no achievement.

BranVan3000

Coach
The Eels had four dissallowed tries and while I think the better team won - I also think both teams showed they are a long way from being finals contenders at this moment - Fantastic game by both Inglis and Taylor and a bad one from Hayne with a good one from Fui FUi but outside of that both teams were much the same - poor halves, bad defence and not great ball control
They were disallowed because they weren't tries

BunniesMan

Immortal

Good onya Souths.

Nice to see a non Souths hating thread for a change.

Huge that we finally got on the board with a win. For the first time the entire team (and not just a handful each game) looked like they wanted a win. Inglis improved by a mile (and he's still not back to his absolute best), Taylor showed why some people think he has the ability to be a truly great player. Wesser had a great game despite his critics (me included). Crocker was good. Sutton played well. Sandow came up with another good intercept.

People bag our depth because we have so many stars, well I thought our depth forwards like Tyrrell did a great job.

Some of the haters are complaining that because we weren't absolutely perfect against ordinary opposition, we still won't make the 8. We played most of the game without our hooker, and not just any hooker, he's a cornerstone of our team and I'm over the moon with how we didn't fall to pieces like I was quietly expecting.

And let's not forget we are without our best forward. Take out whoever you thought was our worst forward last weekend and replace him with arguably the best in the world. Add an 80 minute hooker who is a Dally M contender. And suddenly you have a team capable of beating anyone at all, as long as we care every week like we cared last night.

I still thought we have the ability to be a top 4 team after being 0-2, I'm convinced now. Let's go whip Manly next Friday night.

Last edited: