What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stadium nearing completion

cram

Bench
Is the grand stand going to be ready for Jodi to open it on the weekend?

:lol:

After Thursday night however, as communications manager for the TSG she may well be there in all her glory.....lmao :shock: :sarcasm: :lol:

Serc

First Grade
I'm guessing thats a joke cram, lol

I think everyone would be glad to see the back of her in this town! Its not 100% locked in yet, but she has pretty much lost her seat with not very many votes left to be counted.

cram

Bench
I'm guessing thats a joke cram, lol

I think everyone would be glad to see the back of her in this town! Its not 100% locked in yet, but she has pretty much lost her seat with not very many votes left to be counted.

Yes its a joke and she is now over 1000 votes behind but apparently there is a very large % of postal votes etc however, these tend to support conservative voters so I would imagine she is currently packing up her office....:lol:

roopy

Referee
Yes its a joke and she is now over 1000 votes behind but apparently there is a very large % of postal votes etc however, these tend to support conservative voters so I would imagine she is currently packing up her office....:lol:
Postal votes very heavily favour the party who have the best 'machine' to go out and 'canvas' those who can't make it to the polls - which is Labor in Newcastle.

cram

Bench
Postal votes very heavily favour the party who have the best 'machine' to go out and 'canvas' those who can't make it to the polls - which is Labor in Newcastle.

Well given that I have read on numerous occassions that postal votes tend to favour conserative parties and a simple google search of the term confirms what I have read in the past I tend to disagree with you.

roopy

Referee
Well given that I have read on numerous occassions that postal votes tend to favour conserative parties and a simple google search of the term confirms what I have read in the past I tend to disagree with you.
Postal votes favour the conservative largely because seventh day adventists all vote by postal vote and nearly all vote Liberal.
That is a very important factor in Lake Macquarie - but in Newcastle the Labor party has dozens of volunteers going around 'helping' those who can't get to the polls, and a lot of people slip their vote to the people who help them avoid a fine by bringing round the forms etc.
Suit yourself if you want to believe that i suppose.

For the record, at the last election it was neck and neck after early counting, and Jodi pulled ahead on the postal vote.

Last edited:

Serc

First Grade
Owen has extended his lead since yesterday (52.4% vs 47.6% now)...I'd say most of the nails have been hammered into McKay's coffin at this point.

Serc

First Grade

perverse

Referee
Owen has extended his lead since yesterday (52.4% vs 47.6% now)...I'd say most of the nails have been hammered into McKay's coffin at this point.
i'd hammer my nail into McKays coffin. actually i wouldn't, but it needed to be said.

slotmachine

First Grade
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/...-supporters-to-get-in-early-for-dragons-clash

So using that as an indicator...the 'highest crowd since 2003' figure on Austadiums.com lists 26,198 on 11/3/06 which is exactly just over 5 years ago...so I'd be guessing that we may very well have a fair crack at this weeks capacity of 30k! Surely 28k at a minimum.

When I got tickets yesterday the whole Western Stand was single seats only.
Same with the middle bays of the Andrew Johns stand.

The only ones left were Andrew Johns upper in the end bays.

Serc

First Grade
Well overall I was impressed with the stadium yesterday (had a fair walk around the new western stand also)

A couple of things that weren't so great though (and dear old Karma would love some of these! haha):

1) Speakers are now too LOUD! I was having a chat with our good friend the wrestling bear just before the warmup, and we had to stop for a good minute or two before either of us were audible again!

2) Yesterday was not a good day to have multiple new people on the cashiers...there was at least one (and possibly 3) newbies amongst the 5 or 6 people working on the 4 cashiers at the food outlet in the AJ Stand (is there only one? or two...the one I went to would've been pretty much smack bang on halfway)

3) Crowd figure - it was pretty obvious to all concerned that the crowd was bigger than the last home game we had (ie: Old Boys Day last year, vs Saints also - which got 23k). Instead we saw the joke figure of 20,986 come up...which maybe was in part due to the stadium not having a lot of the ticket machines ready, so they had to have people manually scanning each person's ticket with a PDA looking thing as they came in. Maybe not all of the scanner thingy's were added to the tally? Who knows. All I know is that there was most certainly more than 23k there! (probably 25 or 26k? There was more empty seats than I was expecting thats for sure)

PS: I wonder where Ian's rant about security is? I was hanging out for it!