What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOTW v Manly

roopy

Referee
Got it underway and tallying.
I did it for a few years (invented it in fact), and for what it's worth, i posted the full tally every week and used that as the starting point for the next week by cutting and pasting it into a new thread, then adding the new votes by doing an old fashioned tally marks count and changing what needed to be changed (if that makes sense).
You'd be surprized how few times you have to move guys up or down the ladder after 5 or 6 rounds - maybe one per week on average.
Took 5 minutes a week with a pen and paper.
Probably too 'low tech' for anyone under 50.

Last edited:

Big Tim

First Grade
To be fair Roops, I owuld use a pen and paper to count the votes, but then I would put them into an Excel spreadsheet.

You can then have the rounds with individual scores, as well as having the option to auto arrange the leader.

If you got really into it, you could count the number of 3 pointers a player got, and see if there is a difference in your "MVP" and accumulated KOTW and the end of the season.........

Not that I would actually put my hand up to do it.

Jono078

Referee
If you want another example of how to do it, this is how I did it the last couple of seasons in an Excel spreadsheet:

Attachments

• kotw.jpg
    kotw.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 13

timka4

Bench
Mullo didnt get many points from you guys this week. I didn't watch the games so...

Did he play sh*t or was there no one left for him too pass it too

Last edited:

roopy

Referee
To be fair Roops, I owuld use a pen and paper to count the votes, but then I would put them into an Excel spreadsheet.

You can then have the rounds with individual scores, as well as having the option to auto arrange the leader.

If you got really into it, you could count the number of 3 pointers a player got, and see if there is a difference in your "MVP" and accumulated KOTW and the end of the season.........

Not that I would actually put my hand up to do it.
I could do it with an abacus or a slide rule and a book of logarithmic tables (probably not - but i could have once)

RABK

Referee
Mullo didnt get many points from you guys this week. I didn't watch the games so...

Did he play sh*t or was there no one left for him too pass it too

Quiet first half but was pretty inspirational in the second half with some classy touches and trying to chance his arm given our situation.

He could have easily started calling for the ball only to kick on the 6th but he kept touching the ball 3 or 4 times a set and his kick chase game is probably a big part of the reason Manly didn't put 50 on us.

Rolla

Juniors
2 - wes (cracked up every time i saw him playing in his jocks!)
1 - zeb
1 - Aku
1 - House
1 - Mullo

Latest posts