What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team to play Brisbane

soc123_au

Staff member
Obviously cant post the team, but Kingston at 7??? Bloody hell.

I reckon Ellott backed himself to be first coach sacked at $15.00 & wants a good payday.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I will let this thread go...However if someone posts the full team the thread will be deleted.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Panthers:

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Brad Tighe
5. David Simmons
6. Travis Burns
7. Kevin Kingston
8. Tim Grant
9. Masada Iosefa
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Trent Waterhouse
12. Nigel Plum
13. Luke Lewis

14. Sam McKendry
15. Matthew Bell
16. Adrian Purtell
17. Timana Tahu
18. Nafe Seluni

Source: http://www.nrl.com/round-4-team-list...5/default.aspx

Edit: Panther Daz, the information is now publicly available ... you don't need to delete it anymore.

Bob

Juniors
Panthers:

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Brad Tighe
5. David Simmons
6. Travis Burns
7. Kevin Kingston
8. Tim Grant
9. Masada Iosefa
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Trent Waterhouse
12. Nigel Plum
13. Luke Lewis

14. Sam McKendry
15. Matthew Bell
16. Adrian Purtell
17. Timana Tahu
18. Nafe Seluni

Source: http://www.nrl.com/round-4-team-list...5/default.aspx

Edit: Panther Daz, the information is now publicly available ... you don't need to delete it anymore.
He is f**king kidding with that side, the sooner this cancer called matthew elliott is cut out of our club the better

Big Mick

Referee
Purtell still on the bench.

f**k ME YOU DIPsh*t HE IS USELESS!

YOU DROP FATIAKI BUT NOT THAT TURD?

And why do you pick a hooker at halfback when you have a half in Burns and a five-eight in Tuamata who was just named MOTM for Windsor.

FFS you are a clueless f**ktard.

Big Mick

Referee
No wonder the team is playing like sh*t. There is no incentive to play well because tards like Purtell know he will just keep getting picked.

Why isn't Seluni starting...Iosefa has proven zilch in his two games this year.....and in both games he has played we've been pumped.

soc123_au

Staff member
Tuamata must have tried to root Purtell, can be the only logical reason for him not being picked.

Elliotts continued f**ked up team sheets proves he is absoloutly void of ideas. Wake me up in March next year. We will win some games this year in spite of the dickheads in charge, but for the most part 2011 is shaping up as a train wreck.

Fibroman

First Grade
Why did we buy Taumata? Please somebody give me a logical reason why he wouldn't be included in the run on side somewhere?

Fibroman

First Grade
We tried playing Priddis at half a few years ago, and the experiment failed miserably. To my knowledge, Kingston doesn't possess a kicking game and isn't overly fast, doesn't possess a step and doesn't really have any attributes of a modern day half back.

chanticleer

Juniors
The major issue with the side named and the only real issue is Kingston at 7...

Arana and burns in the halves Kingston at 9 and its a decent team...

Also Yileen (if fit) for Purtell

mxlegend99

Referee
I think Kingston at half is the least of our concerns to be honest. I expect Burns will end up running the show and he did a decent job against the Knights in our first trial.

The only trouble is that having him at half has gotten Masada Iosefa promoted to starting hooker. That's a huge concern as he hasn't come close to reaching his potential and is already getting worse. He had all the potential in the world and all we've seen so far is a sub standard hooker that is lazy and makes horrible decisions.

Then we have our bench which yet against has no proper second rowers on it. Only Adrian Purtell who Matt Elliott is f*cking obsessed with and continues to have no trouble keeping his spot despite being the worst centre at our club when picked at centre, then being the worst winger at the club when picked on the wing (the only position he should be playing, and for Windsor not Penrith) and now he's by far the worst second rower at the club. He's easily in the 5 worst players in the NRL at the moment. Only he's the most consistently poor of them.

I'm happy to have Tahu on the bench while he gets back up to match speed. He could atleast have a crack at covering the second row if we needed him to. But ideally he'll come on at centre and start to form a combination on the right with Gordon... the best player in our backline and for some reason Matt Elliott refuses to move him to a position where he'll get more involved.

I agree with soc123_au, the only logical reason for any of these decisions is he has backed himself to be sacked. I refuse to believe anyone is stupid enough to actually believe he is picking our best 17 players and the team that will give us our best chance at winning. No one can be that stupid.

Big Mick

Referee
1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Timina Tahu
5. Ryan Walker
6. Blake Austin
7. Travis Burns/Arana Tuamata
8. Tim Grant
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Trent Waterhouse
12. Jesse Sene-Lafao
13. Luke Lewis

RES:
14. Sam McKendry
15. Matthew Bell
16. Yileen Gordon
17. Nafe Seluini
18. Michael Worrincy
19. Nathan Smith (If fit...come in to replace Waterhouse)

Waterhouse for mine is on his last chance before a stint in Windsor is required. Matthew Bell also.

It aint that freakin hard.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
The side I picked on the PI forum and my reasoning for some selections:

I would go:

1. Michael Gordon
2. David Simmons
3. Michael Jennings
4. Timana Tahu
5. Sandor Earl
6. Travis Burns
7. Lachlan Coote
8. Tim Grant
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Sam McKendry
11. Nigel Plum
12. Nathan Smith
13. Luke Lewis (c)

14. Petero Civoniceva
15. Matt Bell
16. Trent Waterhouse
17. Nafe Seluini

Given the injury concerns, here's the extended bench in order of preference depending on the position we need to replace. Nobody to play out of position though:
18. Yileen Gordon (Lewis/Smith)
19. Sarafu Fatiaki (Lewis/Smith)
20. Arauna Taumata (Burns)
21. Brad Tighe (Tahu)

I'm not sure if we have any other players in doubt. But I think that pretty much covers us. Masada Iosefa and Adrian Purtell should be last resort selections. How is the rest of the team expected to put in 110% when Adrian Purtell is constantly among our worst win or lose and keeps his spot, and Masada Iosefa has been horribly dissapointing for the majority of his first grade career and seems to get picked more often then not.

Petero and House to the bench are big calls... but they have started the year off reasonably slow and a bit of a change to how their used might help them out. That bench is big, has experience and could be potentially 3 front rowers if needed, or one front rower and 2 second rowers. Most likely it would be the traditional 2 props and a second rower... but we can use the players where they're needed and not be limited to what they're capable of like we have been so far this year.

Coote has the #7 jersey, but that's more his size being similar to Walsh. I would probably have him acting as a 5/8 and allowing Burns to run the show as he did against the Knights in our first trial. They can mix the role up though. With Walsh likely to be injured, this covers both his injury and getting Michael Gordon back into the role where he can offer the team his full potential.

Basically if you go through the team selection thread every fans squad would f*cken smash the side that Matt Elliott has picked.

soc123_au

Staff member
If Supercoach doesnt want to blood too many players without NRL experience I could live with this.

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Brad Tighe
5. David Simmons
6. Aurana Tuamata
7. Travis Burns
8. Tim Grant
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Trent Waterhouse
12. Nigel Plum
13. Luke Lewis

14. Sam McKendry
15. Matthew Bell
16. Timana Tahu
17. Nafe Seluni

Still not what I would pick from scratch, but allows Tuamata to get a shot. If he is hopeless then hook him & throw Kingston to 7, Burns back to the 6 & Seluni in at Hooker. At worst it is still better than Elliotts rubbish.

I cant understand our "depth" signings if we dont use them. WTF did we sign them for. I also couldnt give a rats arse what their form for Windsor is, we have seen in the past players get called up from a 2nd tier side & perform well at the top level without carving up for said lower grade team.

soc123_au

Staff member
Double.

With luck Elliott ruptures Purts Sphincter in the Tuesday night "thanks for picking me session"

Last edited:

goosie

Juniors
arana taumata has to come in burns i highly doubt will be fit to play he is still injured
and in doubt still.

Latest posts