What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injuries thread 2011 *may contain spoilers*

RABK

Referee
Don't mention Children infront of Roopy.

Sorrv Roopy, couldn't help but take an ironic swipe back at you.

roopy

Referee
Don't mention Children infront of Roopy.

Sorrv Roopy, couldn't help but take an ironic swipe back at you.
What you did was go to the gutter level where you live.

It's ironic when i do it to you because it's not what i usually do - it's what you usually do.

perverse

Referee
I think a few of you read too much into that post, the last line is not meant to be taken as written but to exaggerate disgust.
this. i don't think some people understand the use of hyperbole in order to colourfully (and, in my opinion, often humourously) convey the extent of ones emotion, conviction, whatever... in a predominantly text-based medium.

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
What you did was go to the gutter level where you live.

It's ironic when i do it to you because it's not what i usually do - it's what you usually do.

Hit a nerve? Crap, you dish out a bit on these forums. No need for lies.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol: Nah, don't leave Britney alone. Abuse her as much as you want :p

:oops: Getting off topic a bit here ...

perverse

Referee
britney-spears-7.jpg

did someone say off topic?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol:

Anyway, back on topic. I was saying to RABK last night that I saw De Gois over at the stadium yesterday and he still had the strapping on his thumb. Needless to say he won't be playing this week, but he may struggle to play against the Broncos Monday week.

Rolla

Juniors
this. i don't think some people understand the use of hyperbole in order to colourfully (and, in my opinion, often humourously) convey the extent of ones emotion, conviction, whatever... in a predominantly text-based medium.

Of course saying you hope someone has a torn heart muscle is hyperbole, that is a no brainer. The only thing i questioned in his post was saying he 'wishes ill' on him, that is not hyperbole under any definition.

Doesn't really matter, i assume RABK's point was that he really doesnt want to see him in firstgrade again, and i agree with that 100%.

Rusty

Juniors
How doesn't it? :lol:

That's not my point though. These players are playing for a team we love and the fans. They deserve more respect then that.

I don't think he's first grade standard and yeah, he deserves criticism, but show a bit of class instead of abusing the bloke.

Because his s*** even without an injury.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Stoney said on the radio this morning that Henry looks like being out for six weeks. That's a hell of a lot better than it could have been I suppose.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Big sigh of relief that it is only 6 weeks. I feared that if it was a season ending injury it might affect Henry's confidence and playing ability and he might come back in 2012 and not be the player he was over the first 2.5 rounds of this year.

I've seen it happen to so many promising players in the past. Daniel Abraham being one example, I had him slated for Origin before injury struck him down and he never resurfaced in the NRL.

Gidley will cover 5/8 without issue until Henry's return and Wes is a capable fullback.

aqua_duck

Coach
Can't wait till be get Nev and Beau back, how good was Beau's try saver on Cherry-Evans, the boy has some toe. Hopefully he can use the 6 weeks to put on a few Kg in the upper body

Rolla

Juniors
Was good to see excellent try saving cover defence tackles from each of our halves.

RHCP

Bench
Was good to see excellent try saving cover defence tackles from each of our halves.
Agreed. Making near length of the field chases like that shows not only good physical attributes, but says a lot about their attitude towards footy.

Latest posts