What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Elliott Disappreciation Society

When will he go?

• He'll be shafted by the halfway mark to the season.

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • He'll see out the season but not re-signed.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • He'll be re-signed for 3 years by Mick Leary in July.

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • I don't care, I'm just stoked he's no longer at Canberra!

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

murraymob

Coach
this thread will last forever .If Elliott can win 2 games in a row Mick leary will sign him up for another 5 years may even throw in the keys to the city as well

murraymob

Coach
my concern is we are right on the cap.The reality is we only have 19 real first grades among our rooster.That has caused us to use a hooker at half with 1 injury

ashton

Juniors
Leary should be the first person sacked.

IMO our problems remain in the halves, we haven't had a decent halfback since Gower left. And there is very few quality juniors coming through the ranks at the moment.

Fibroman

First Grade
I want to cut pieces off elliott and leary with a blunt pocket knife ohhhhhh yeah. consider yourself lucky..... mo fo, and I can do some really nice things with yoru body parts in the caves in Afghanistan only of you really want to be a persona and n0pt pay too much attentio to what timmy from blacktown has to say and his mother in trhwer solubriousw dwelling mo fo

Doomednow

Bench
What's that rule? Nothing good happens after 2 am or something? Should be a similar one for posting on forums maybe haha.

Let's formalise it here.

Bad game plans, players out of position, confusing tautolgies every time he opens his mouth.

And there's a year left to run on his contract.

I'm sure he's a genuinely nice guy, but he just can't coach.

Today's match against the Raiders was just the last straw. We had to win to stay in contention. If we couldn't win, at least we should make a game of it. A 74-12 loss is just pathetic.

Surely any calls to get rid of him should intensify now.

Give the reins to Georgallis. I think he would do a better job.
I wouldnt let him coach my brothers u15s team

Bob

Juniors
Just saw this in the Chooks section, the roosters supporters obviouslly don't know that defence like all Elliots coaching techniques is voluntary

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=405880&page=2

"Can anyone explain why Elliott is employed as our defensive coach and which genius at the club agreed to that appointment. We werent this rubbish defensively last year. Guy has no clue.

Remember gus talking about Elliott when he arrived as panthers boss. Said he had a 3 hour conversation about football and came away from the meeting not having a clue about Elliotts ideas and philosophy on football. We then hand the clown a full time gig as a coach."

richie8u

Juniors
I blame Elliot for Lewis going,
He made this team TOXIC, and set bad examples for the leadership players,
His practices will take a lot to overcome.

darkbloom

Juniors
I blame Elliot for Lewis going,
He made this team TOXIC, and set bad examples for the leadership players,
His practices will take a lot to overcome.

Yes he has a lot to answer for. Tainted all our club with his poison. That's why Petro left and sprayed management, why Jennings is in so much bother, why Coote is out of form, why Lewy spat the dummy, why Mckendry will be next to go, why Gordon is going, why crowds are down, why the football club is losing records amounts of money, why there is continued conflict and division.

Screw that Elliott and Leary too.

It will be 2020 before Gus can fix this mess.

We can just bless our souls that Gould has taken Elliot's poison out of Grant and returned him to being normal.

darkbloom

Juniors
And i bet Elliot was on the grassy knoll........

LOL. Yes that was the start of the rot.

But don't worry. Gus has a handle on things. You have to feel safe and secure looking at his record at all the clubs he's been.

If only he'd been there in Dallas too. Who knows what the world would be like now.

The OX

Juniors
I have faith in what Gus is setting up. Your team must be built around your halves.

We have none.

He is clearing up $$$ to get some.

2014.... Year of the Panther.

darkbloom

Juniors
I have faith in what Gus is setting up. Your team must be built around your halves.

We have none.

He is clearing up $$$ to get some.

2014.... Year of the Panther.

The Archangel. The Saviour. Trust in him he will be the salvation.

His track record speaks volumes.

Latest posts