What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fans want John Lang ousted

341597-john-lang.jpg

Under pressure: John Lang. Source: The Daily Telegraph

THE Rabbitohs are refusing to bow to pressure from disgruntled fans to sack veteran coach Johnny Lang.

Internet forums, radio talkback, Twitter and my email in box have been in meltdown mode all weekend with talk that Lang should go immediately.
Get the full lowdown in Phil Rothfield's blog

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/fans-want-john-lang-ousted/story-e6frexnr-1226036886539

hennessy

Juniors
My response to this is:

• It's a TELEGRAPH article - say no more
  • The coach always comes under fire when a team is not going well. I would blame the players before the coach
  • I have heard not one word that suggests Souths fans generallly want Lang to go
  • The article appears (I didn't read it) to base its claim on the journos email (boy that's reliable); blogs (ditto); radio talk back (what station?)
    [*]More likely the article is a reflection of a journo desperate to meeet a deadline with sufficient words to get paid.

perverse

Referee
The coach always comes under fire when a team is not going well. I would blame the players before the coach
this, more than anything. your players need to stand up and take some responsibility for the tripe that's being delivered out there. they're certainly not playing united as a team, playing for each other. they look like a bunch of prima donnas running out there and playing for the big plays themselves every set.

I don't know of any Souths fan who is calling for John Lang's head...

Maybe they are questioning a few of his methods but I don't know of anyone who wants him sacked.

I don't know of any Souths fan who is calling for John Lang's head...

Maybe they are questioning a few of his methods but I don't know of anyone who wants him sacked.

True,first I have heard of it.I know a lot of fans were up set re Langs use of the bench last Fri nite,but calling for his head well thats news.

boo_boo

Juniors
I think that goes without saying.
The genius who conjured up the Jason Taylor sacking cant be expected to reuse an old script.

Bluebag

Juniors
smells like Richo's handwork to premempt a decision to sack him and take pressure off his job.