What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loko....

True EEL

Bench
err, so is anyone brave enough to be critical of Loko?
forgive me if you have, i just haven't seen any of it so far...

look, i'm not going to completely throw him under the bus just yet, hell he is only 18 and very, very, very raw, but i admit i was one that lept aboard the LOKO-Train last week as he looked very, very promising against the Storm

but my God he was bad last night....dropped balls, being stood up far too easily in defence and just seemed overawed by the occasion, completely. So i am now feeling pretty disappointed....should he have been brought in so quickly after all? I said in a thread through the week that his seelction must have been a case of if you're good enough, you're old enough, but i am really wondering about that now....

hopefully he will be back, but geez, he had a very poor game :(

Last edited:

True EEL

Bench
No.....

He dropped one ball....

Got stood up by who?

umm, are you for real???

he dropped the ball badly at least once (possibly more)
he got stood up horribly by Ben Barba for his first or second try....he just stood there planted his feet and watched Barba go around him

i'm pretty sure he also got stood up once or twice by Idris and/or others, just that it didn't cost him a try on that occasion...he really wasn't good

no offence, just being serious, did you see the game?

strider

Post Whore
yeah he's just young - even tho he is a big kid, he still looks like a boy out there .... he's doing ok considering

ppl keep calling this a "rebuilding year" - well tbh there isn't much building going on - we seem to be more digging the hole where we'll build our house .... but i guess loko and maybe lasalo and allgood are the couple of guys we are trying to build up - gotta persist with em no matter what

True EEL

Bench
I think people are quick to call on a persons talent these days. Give him time.

mate, i'm not making a call on his talent ok.....the kid is obviously talented, not disputing that

what i am disputing is SK's call in playing him firsts so quickly as last night showed that he isn't ready....and you know what, after last week v Storm i thought he looked fairly ready too, but after his second outing, i'm not so sure

that's all i'm saying....not trying to crucify him

True EEL

Bench
yeah he's just young - even tho he is a big kid, he still looks like a boy out there .... he's doing ok considering

ppl keep calling this a "rebuilding year" - well tbh there isn't much building going on - we seem to be more digging the hole where we'll build our house .... but i guess loko and maybe lasalo and allgood are the couple of guys we are trying to build up - gotta persist with em no matter what

no doubt he is a kid and is trying, just hope that night didn't shatter his confidence too much, his lateral movement in defence is a worry

i wonder is it worth putting him in the forwards early on rather than persisting with him for a long time in the centres??? possibility?

and yeah the rubuilding is going to be slow by the look of it.....

Fee

Juniors
He is a young kid who has only played a couple of games in the NRL, give the guy a break. And the rest of our team have been much better than him,I dont think so. The whole team are having trouble, leave the kid alone and give him some time.

Y2Eel

First Grade
umm, are you for real???

he dropped the ball badly at least once (possibly more)
he got stood up horribly by Ben Barba for his first or second try....he just stood there planted his feet and watched Barba go around him

i'm pretty sure he also got stood up once or twice by Idris and/or others, just that it didn't cost him a try on that occasion...he really wasn't good

no offence, just being serious, did you see the game?

I said he dropped the ball one.. is that enough to start a thread about him? damn ok from now on lets start a thread for every player that drops the ball...

So your no sure when he was stood up but needed to start a thread a bout him? are you for real?

Did you not see him defend well against Idris? make some nice ankle tackles to stop a break that happened thanks to his inside men?

The real issue is why he isnt signing up with a better team when his contract is up as he doesnt get any support from the guys indide him..
As to everytime the dogs passed the ball wide they always had an over lap i guess thats Loko's fault aswell??

Y2Eel

First Grade
Oh By the way when Barba scored his third try he stood up Mortimer badly...

True EEL

Bench
He is a young kid who has only played a couple of games in the NRL, give the guy a break. And the rest of our team have been much better than him,I dont think so. The whole team are having trouble, leave the kid alone and give him some time.

jesus, obviously you can't make constructive observations or criticisms about any player that is loved by the masses huh.....i knew i shouldn't have started this thread or better still, been so objective about his performance.....and i was giving the kid a break....

they are not pet lambs you know, and they are being paid....

True EEL

Bench
I said he dropped the ball one.. is that enough to start a thread about him? damn ok from now on lets start a thread for every player that drops the ball...

So your no sure when he was stood up but needed to start a thread a bout him? are you for real?

Did you not see him defend well against Idris? make some nice ankle tackles to stop a break that happened thanks to his inside men?

The real issue is why he isnt signing up with a better team when his contract is up as he doesnt get any support from the guys indide him..
As to everytime the dogs passed the ball wide they always had an over lap i guess thats Loko's fault aswell??

no i'm sure who he was stood up by, just not sure which try outo f the three Barba scored it was...as i said i think it was his first try.....

i made a thread to discuss Loko's performance....which was bad....since everything else was being discussed openly except this

and no, other than his firts tackle on Idris, old-school round the legs, no i didn't see him defend Idris well apart from that

Y2Eel

First Grade
jesus, obviously you can't make constructive observations or criticisms about any player that is loved by the masses huh.....i knew i shouldn't have started this thread or better still, been so objective about his performance.....and i was giving the kid a break....

they are not pet lambs you know, and they are being paid....

Waiting......

True EEL

Bench
I really thought he did OK under the circumstances.

Deserves another run next week.

possibly, although if we had someone else to pick in the centres, probably not at this stage....he is one that may well need a few games at Wenty level to really prepare himself for NRL, hopefully he can make it

I mean i noticed Josh Dugan 3 seasons ago when he debuted for Canberra, but he was very lean and very raw....subsequently, Canberra noted this and actually sent him back to Queensland Cup to - as they put it - play against men to get accustomed to the physical demands of NRL....am just saying Loko may well need a similar initiation

Y2Eel

First Grade
no i'm sure who he was stood up by, just not sure which try outo f the three Barba scored it was...as i said i think it was his first try.....

i made a thread to discuss Loko's performance....which was bad....since everything else was being discussed openly except this

and no, other than his firts tackle on Idris, old-school round the legs, no i didn't see him defend Idris well apart from that

Was bad in your mind.... The whole team was bad why not start one about every player?

He played better then alot of other players in the team... Mortimer was put to defend next to him That is never going to work...

Did you comment about Mortimer being stood up in Barba's third try? How many times did Idris make a break of a Loko missed tackle?

Parra Guru

Coach
Yeah once again really it comes down to our lack of depth. Until we have Maitua available I think they should stick with him.

True EEL

Bench
err, so is anyone brave enough to be critical of Loko?
forgive me if you have, i just haven't seen any of it so far...

look, i'm not going to completely throw him under the bus just yet, hell he is only 18 and very, very, very raw, but i admit i was one that lept aboard the LOKO-Train last week as he looked very, very promising against the Storm

but my God he was bad last night....dropped balls, being stood up far too easily in defence and just seemed overawed by the occasion, completely. So i am now feeling pretty disappointed....should he have been brought in so quickly after all? I said in a thread through the week that his seelction must have been a case of if you're good enough, you're old enough, but i am really wondering about that now....

hopefully he will be back, but geez, he had a very poor game :(

Y2Eel.....if you are waiting try reading my first post with your eyes open and your ego in check....

True EEL

Bench
Yeah once again really it comes down to our lack of depth. Until we have Maitua available I think they should stick with him.

yeah, you're probably right...geez its tough when we are almost sweating on Maitua coming back and he hasn't played NRL for 2 seasons :(

True EEL

Bench
my apologies to all i have offended by suggesting that the latest it player in the Parramatta team had a poor game.....

no doub't he did, but i should have been more biased and sugar-coated my observations, next time i will be more thoughtful

Latest posts