What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Duffie signs again with Storm despite Parramatta offer

Craig Johnston

First Grade
MELBOURNE Storm has won the battle for the services of gun young winger Matt Duffie after the 20-year-old signed a new three-year deal yesterday.

He announced his decision at a team dinner last night giving Storm a boost ahead of today’s clash with Penrith

The Kiwi, who has scored four tries in five games this season and was Storm’s rookie of the year last season, was being chased heavily by Parramatta who threw a big money offer at him.

But Duffie said he wanted to continue to be coached by Storm mentor Craig Bellamy, and to live in Melbourne.

This was a very big decision and I was really pleased to tell the boys before our team dinner last night,“ said Duffie.

“I had some wonderful options to join other clubs with coaches who have played a big part in my life, but Storm is where I want to play my football and Melbourne is where I want to live.

“Craig was a major factor in my decision. I love being coached by him and I’m excited about the future under his coaching.

“We have a great bunch of players and staff down at Storm. Melbourne is definitely home for me now, so I couldn’t be happier.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...parramatta-offer/story-e6frfgbo-1226040460472

back to the drawing board

stiffmeister

Bench
Damn, this winger would have solved all our problems. Hello, we need a halfback first & foremost otherwise we're clutching at straws. We need to solve the problem, not band aid it

Y2Eel

First Grade
Damn, this winger would have solved all our problems. Hello, we need a halfback first & foremost otherwise we're clutching at straws. We need to solve the problem, not band aid it

Wait didnt our current half guide us to the 09 Grand Final though?

So just get a Half dont worry about a decent winger and centre? No great idea lets attract a top of the line Half with the backs we have :lol:

oldmancraigy

Coach
I'm actually upset we missed out on him.

He looks like a real talent, has tremendous size and speed, looks to be an excellent first grade winger for years to come. Very solid in attack and in defence.

Our current wing stocks are pathetic. Luke Burt is our best DEFENDER as a winger at the moment. If you're not following - that's really really bad!!!

We needed someone big fast and strong (who can also defend) as our FG winger.
I'm hoping Sio is the answer next year? But not holding my breath...

Bad one to miss out on (but glad we didn't pay overs!)

Maroubra Eel

Coach
We are going to have to pay overs to attract anyone.

It's not an attractive proposition to sign with the eels at the moment unfortunately.

Bigfella

Coach
Paying overs is a shxtload better than paying unders.

People don't seem to appreciate that put three quarters are a far bigger problem even than out halves.

spartan2153

Juniors
Its funny how all the people praising kearney saying he will attract all these players are now saying not worth buying a winger lol

Same old tossers that have been here along time

mrpwnd

Bench
Its funny how all the people praising kearney saying he will attract all these players are now saying not worth buying a winger lol

Same old tossers that have been here along time
Funny how it's people like you who've been acting like a little bitch for the past few months over every little thing.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Kearney's recruitment plans are certainly working.

Yeah it must be a real big crisis for Kearney's plans, gee the guy is a winger and he rejected a offer to stay with his current club. I would be more concern if Duffie actually choose another club other then the eels or the storm. Lets give Kearney some time.

Latest posts