What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra team when all available...

True EEL

Bench
well after feeling ill all day about last night's sad events and pondering the side playing without Jarryd for a couple of weeks, i have been thinking ahead to a possible side based on the far-fetched scenario that essentially all players are fit an available around SOO time, ie. MK, Reni and outside chance at Poore even???

so, under such a hypothetical view, and still pushing my belief that Jarryd should play 6, what about this side...?

1. Luke Burt
2. Jacob Loko
3. Joel Reddy
4. Justin Horo
5. Jordan Atkins
6. Jarryd Hayne
7. Daniel Mortimer
8. Tim Mannah
9. Matt Keating
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh (c)
12. Ben Smith
13. Reni Maitua

14. Casey McGuire
15. Shane Shackleton
16. Justin Poore
17. Carl Webb

18. Jeff Robson

i have supporting arguements for certain selections that will no doubt be labelled as stupid, outlandish, etc, but i'll hold back on those until someone comments...thoughts??

Bazal

Post Whore
If everyone not currently available/in FG was hypothetically available and playing well, IMO we'd see...

1-Jarryd Hayne
2-Luke Burt
3-Joel Reddy
4-Chris Hicks
5-One of the random wingers
6-Tom Humble
7-Brad Murray
8-Tim Mannah
9-Casey McGuire
10-Justin Poore
11-Nathan Hindmarsh
12-Justin Horo
13-Reni Maitua

14-Mitchell or Keating
15-Fui Fui Moi Moi
16-Shane Shackleton
17-Carl Webb or Mitch Allgood

18-Ben Smith
19-Taniela Lasalo

True EEL

Bench
Bazal, thanks fo the input, just not sure if SK would go as far with changes as you are suggesting...? But possibly and if that's what you think it should be then cool....

Chipmunk

Coach
well after feeling ill all day about last night's sad events and pondering the side playing without Jarryd for a couple of weeks, i have been thinking ahead to a possible side based on the far-fetched scenario that essentially all players are fit an available around SOO time, ie. MK, Reni and outside chance at Poore even???

so, under such a hypothetical view, and still pushing my belief that Jarryd should play 6, what about this side...?

1. Luke Burt
2. Jacob Loko
3. Joel Reddy
4. Justin Horo
5. Jordan Atkins
6. Jarryd Hayne
7. Daniel Mortimer
8. Tim Mannah
9. Matt Keating
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh (c)
12. Ben Smith
13. Reni Maitua

14. Casey McGuire
15. Shane Shackleton
16. Justin Poore
17. Carl Webb

18. Jeff Robson

i have supporting arguements for certain selections that will no doubt be labelled as stupid, outlandish, etc, but i'll hold back on those until someone comments...thoughts??

Anyones team that has D Mortimer at 7 is rubbish and I should be ignored

caylo

Bench
Most people will disagree with me but most of the older players we have signed have failed to fire and I simply would not play them esp if they are looking to leave next year. With all players fit and considering current form I would have the following team

1 Hayne
2 Burt
3 Filiga (going off his only performance for wenty this year)
4 Reddy
5 Loko
6 Humble (would obviously depend on his form thou)
7 Murray (robson is just that bad, bring someone up that can kick)
8 Mannah
9 Maguire
10 Poore
11 Hindmarsh
12 Lasalo
13 Matuia (depends on him recapturing his form)

14 MK
15 Shakelton
16 OHanlan (time to bring some young players infor 20-30min stink considering the strength of the pack)
17 Fui

On current form Horo, Smith, Robson and Mortimer are out. Mortimer has played alright this year but he still stiffless the attack and constantly takes the wrong option. Hayne has been our only attacking option that is why I chose player like Humble, Murray, Filiga and Loko over more experianced peers because IMO they are more likely to create something.

Most people will laugh at the selection of POH but I watched the kid on friday and while he is lanky he still understands his role very well. His defence is very good and he doesn't get involved if he doesnt have too (means his tackles count is down a bit) but he ensures the ball is always rapped up. He also defends tighter and then runs good lines out wide and always has his arms free looking to offload but there is rarley support, and he wont throw erratic only offload only when he see's an advantage. To me he is a smart footballer and that will hold him in good stead for the future while guys like Horo and Smith have struggles to say the least this year.

True EEL

Bench
True-Eel's post lost all credibility when he had Ben Smith starting in the 2nd row

you lost all credibility when you made this post....and used up a few of the last synapses you have left flowing through your cranium

i have stated in plenty of other threads that i believe Ben Smith is one of our better forwards when he starts a match and is able to set the tone for the forwards defensively and has the opportunity to play 80 mins....
not being named on the bench and brought on after 65 mins, named at centre and played off the bench and brought on after halftime, etc....

Last edited:

True EEL

Bench
Anyones team that has D Mortimer at 7 is rubbish and I should be ignored

indeed, you should definitely be ignored Chipmunk......

and hmm, yes, your alternative halfback options you have provided have left me with much to ponder.....jerk....

Binga

Juniors
1. Joel Reddy
2. Luke Burt
3. Jacob Loko
4. Ben Smith
5. Jordan Atkins
6. Jarryd Hayne
7. Casey McGuire
8. Tim Mannah
9. Matt Keating
10. Fui Fui Moi Moi
11, Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Shane Shackleton
13 Reni Matai

14. Anthony Mitchell
15. Justin Poore
16. Justin Horo
17. Carl Webb/ Allgood

True EEL

Bench
caylo, filiga has played about half a game all year!!

that's insane...lol

this is the thing.....Caylo pulls Karlos Filiga out of the clear blue sky....but do i go off half-cocked and spray him for having an opinion....no!!! (ps. not having a shot at Stagger eel, just using this to illustrate the point)

At least my team, my opinion utilises players that have at least played firts grade for the Parramatta club (barring Reni) and shows some type of connection to the team that we are currently presenting on the paddock.....yet some people seem fit to bring out the ignore and lost credibility comments - all without offering any alternatives....great job!!! :roll:

True EEL

Bench
1. Joel Reddy
2. Luke Burt
3. Jacob Loko
4. Ben Smith
5. Jordan Atkins
6. Jarryd Hayne
7. Casey McGuire
8. Tim Mannah
9. Matt Keating
10. Fui Fui Moi Moi
11, Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Shane Shackleton
13 Reni Matai

14. Anthony Mitchell
15. Justin Poore
16. Justin Horo
17. Carl Webb/ Allgood

now see, this is a reasonable side, with plenty of options/alteranatives that i considered as well, thanks for the post

oldmancraigy

Coach
1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Reddy
4. Morgan|Loko
5. Atkins
6. Maitua
7. McGuire
8. Mannah
9. M Keating
10. Moi Moi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Lasalo
13. Shackleton

14. Poore
15. Horo
16. Webb
17. Mortimer

I'm making the big assumption that Murray is mentally fine after his off-field concerns; that Maitua has match fitness; and that Webb finds some fire in his belly.

McGuire is the best 'competitor' we have who can play halves; has a much better kicking game than Robson or Mortimer, and can run to the line and put people through holes. Far and away the best option at halfback.
Morts on the bench can fill in as hooker or at 5/8 with Maitua shuffling into the pack.

Defensively Morgan looks a lot more comfortable than Loko

Maitua would be good to start at 5/8 - plenty of 'brawn' in the starting lineup defensively, and he's passable running the ball wide of the ruck.
Webb would only have to play 15-20 minutes altogether - then Shack could come back onto the field as the 4th prop in the rotation again.

Team tactic would be to get the ball to Hayne 2 wide of the ruck and have runners in motion around him.

Hate to say it, but that's our best team for this year -

caylo

Bench
caylo, filiga has played about half a game all year!!

that's insane...lol

That is true but im going off the opinnions that say he was very impressive before his injurys. If he can get on the paddock for an extended period i think he'll get promoted.

Prop Forward

Juniors
I like how Loko is in everyone sides despite him only playing two top grade games... and his performances have not even been half decent. But no doubt, that was someone else's fault :crazy:

oldmancraigy

Coach
I like how Loko is in everyone sides despite him only playing two top grade games... and his performances have not even been half decent. But no doubt, that was someone else's fault :crazy:

So you think we have someone else in the club who can (i) play center or (ii) is worth investing in for the future?

As I see it, genuine center options for first grade are:
Reddy
Morgan
Loko
Whatuira (looked DREADFUL when he played)
Walker (and you think Loko is bad defensively?)
Hicks (looks slower than last week)

As I see it, the option is between Morgan and Loko for the 2nd center spot - there's simply no other option.

mrpwnd

Bench
So you think we have someone else in the club who can (i) play center or (ii) is worth investing in for the future?

As I see it, genuine center options for first grade are:
Reddy
Morgan
Loko
Whatuira (looked DREADFUL when he played)
Walker (and you think Loko is bad defensively?)
Hicks (looks slower than last week)

As I see it, the option is between Morgan and Loko for the 2nd center spot - there's simply no other option.
Loko for mine, both are bad defensively but at least Loko looks to have potential in breaking the line/tackle, haven't really seen much of that from Morgan.

eel01s

Bench
Hayne
Burt
Reddy
Morgan
Atkins
Humble
Robson
Mannah
Maguire
Moi Moi
Hindmarsh
Lasalo
Maitua

Mitchell
Allgood
Poore
Webb

is what I would like to see when everyone is fit and available. I just don't think there is another halfback option at this stage. I also don't believe in weakening one position to strengthen another.