What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Team for Round 7

eel01s

Bench
It'll be interesting to see whether the side that has been named actually takes the field. Why the need to name 18??? Someone must be in doubt.

hindy111

Post Whore
I could live with Rodgers starting at 13 and Horo to the bench.But i just would rather see POH on the bench than Rodgers.He doesnt seem to be an impact player for me.
Thou kearney's way of thinking may be if we can have a lead than get the deffensive players on to hold it : )

True EEL

Bench
LOL.
That's his opinion, and your's differs.
Why the shock? You argue that all the time.

Suity

Jesus mate, seriously.....???

exactly, i was expressing my shock at his statement, at his opinion.....because, yes, it does differe from mine....am i not to be allowed this right?

and did i degrade his statement, or say that it was rubbish or dismiss it....no. I simply said that i was shocked as i see things differently

yes, i argue constructive points - sometimes - but you, all you do is act so bloody high and mighty and feel the need, ney, the right to interject and broadcast your views on everyone else and be a sm#rtass into the bargain....and like you are doing here, interject on someone else's behalf no less, when all i did was simply say that i see things differently and was shocked with an opinion....nothing more, nothing less

seriously Suitman, you have some valid things to say on here at times, but this was not one of them. So IMHO maybe you should just stop acting so God-like on this forum and pull your head in. And frankly i don't care what you have to say in response, because it will just be another lord almighty, peering down at me from high above, all-conquering, sweeping, arrogant statement, most likely lined with delightful sarcasm and witt......

:roll:

Haynzy

First Grade
I too prefer Rogers to Smith at the moment. Smith seems to have lost his sting in defence and his attack has been lacking for a year or two.
I see him a bit like Chad Robinson, reasonable defender usually but way too many mistakes at crucial times.

Rogers needs more time to get used to the NRL but is potentially a better option. He may end up having nothing but at the moment I think he is, at the least, no different to Smith on current form.

Good on Kearney for blooding these young fellas although I would love to see Mitchell get an extended run.

True EEL

Bench
Agree, he has done it wrong twice now, he needs someone to practice on......

lol yeah either that or practice sledging back more effectively....

Hayne did a lot of talking in the papers after the game - instead hayne may have been better served baiting Payne a bit more and getting him to go on with the job he started....and hopefully getting him (Payne) into more trouble...

True EEL

Bench
I too prefer Rogers to Smith at the moment. Smith seems to have lost his sting in defence and his attack has been lacking for a year or two.
I see him a bit like Chad Robinson, reasonable defender usually but way too many mistakes at crucial times.

Rogers needs more time to get used to the NRL but is potentially a better option. He may end up having nothing but at the moment I think he is, at the least, no different to Smith on current form.

Good on Kearney for blooding these young fellas although I would love to see Mitchell get an extended run.

Hanzy i can see where u r going, but to me Ben Smith still offers a lot and don't really see that Smith has lost his sting in defence, just needs to tone down his over-zealous stuff which causes penalities...

i truly think Smith is suffering from a disrupted pre-season and so far, a disrupted, shuffling of his playing time and role in the team right now

and with Rogers, its fine to try and bring him along, but considering he is not an impact-type player, how is it bringing him along at NRl level for SK to put him on for the last 15 mins only....?? just doesn't add up to me?

Suitman

Post Whore
Jesus mate, seriously.....???

exactly, i was expressing my shock at his statement, at his opinion.....because, yes, it does differe from mine....am i not to be allowed this right?

and did i degrade his statement, or say that it was rubbish or dismiss it....no. I simply said that i was shocked as i see things differently

yes, i argue constructive points - sometimes - but you, all you do is act so bloody high and mighty and feel the need, ney, the right to interject and broadcast your views on everyone else and be a sm#rtass into the bargain....and like you are doing here, interject on someone else's behalf no less, when all i did was simply say that i see things differently and was shocked with an opinion....nothing more, nothing less

seriously Suitman, you have some valid things to say on here at times, but this was not one of them. So IMHO maybe you should just stop acting so God-like on this forum and pull your head in. And frankly i don't care what you have to say in response, because it will just be another lord almighty, peering down at me from high above, all-conquering, sweeping, arrogant statement, most likely lined with delightful sarcasm and witt......

:roll:

No, I think you are right.

I'm sorry.

Suity

Haynzy

First Grade
Hanzy i can see where u r going, but to me Ben Smith still offers a lot and don't really see that Smith has lost his sting in defence, just needs to tone down his over-zealous stuff which causes penalities...

i truly think Smith is suffering from a disrupted pre-season and so far, a disrupted, shuffling of his playing time and role in the team right now

and with Rogers, its fine to try and bring him along, but considering he is not an impact-type player, how is it bringing him along at NRl level for SK to put him on for the last 15 mins only....?? just doesn't add up to me?

I don't get the last 15min run either.
I don't think we really know what kind of player he is yet.
At the moment my preference would be to drop them both to Wenty and bring Mitchell on in 14... Robson at dummy half for 15mins is ineffective.

my bench:

14: Mitchell
15: Shack
16: Allgood
17: Webb

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Hope the eels surprise us this week.

I remember in the offseason someone spoke to Luke Burt and he said they are going to surprise a few people this season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hope the eels surprise us this week.

I remember in the offseason someone spoke to Luke Burt and he said they are going to surprise a few people this season.

Well you tipped us to finish in the top 4. You must be surprised they've turned out to be so sh*t.

Burt was probably talking about the fans who thought we'd go alright this year.

Bow_rider

Juniors
i assume Rogers is just there to get some expirance in NRL blood him as there was huge raps on him in Melbourne the next Dallas Johnson i heard.
Rogers has been only average when he has played Bundy and NSW cup. He must be a Kearney favorite as he was the one that got Bill to Parra.

Tim Smith

Juniors
Playing Fantasy Leagues helps keep a keen eye across all the teams. I have been sweating on Mitchell being selected because I bought him cheap in a couple of comps...I nearly terminated him but reading this thread I see there is some hope of his selection soon.
On Smith I have been dissapointed also..I bought him for his versatility as a centre or second rower but he has been scoring poorly...he'd have to come good soon. I was dissapointed for the Eels on the weekend, not only because I tipped you but because the first 20 was so great and then the Hayne and Hindmarsh turning point...couldn't believe you did not have posession for all the time it was 11 on 11. The early signs were good for you that a win is not far away...hopefully this weekend...I will tip you one more time before I drop off.