What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extraordinary AGM to be held on 23rd May

Prop Forward

Juniors
Mail in the current board are going to hold the AGM on the 23rd of May...a Monday night when the Eels are playing the Sharks at Parra.

The Logic? The current board believe that members would prefer to go to the game instead of voting at the AGM which will be on at the same time as the game. And that those members who didn't intend of going to the game, but want to vote wouldn't bother turning up because it will be near impossible to find a parking spot with a game on.

normally you can vote all day leading upto the meeting, so maybe they are doing on a day they know more football related members can get there to vote.

Maybe people can do both but we can't let the truth get in the way of a good story can we.

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
Great idea.
Gives as many members as possible the chance to vote, assuming most will be there anyway. Good stuff board.

Suity

Parra Pride

Coach
If you get tired of watching the Sharks smash us you just head on over to the AGM, I see no problems.

Gronk

Staff member
Sorry, is it an AGM or an EGM ? If the later, what's on the agenda ?

fish eel

Immortal
Sorry, is it an AGM or an EGM ? If the later, what's on the agenda ?

AGM

the notice went out a few weeks back, I could be mistaken but I think it was even done before the sharks game was announced for the Monday

scottyeel

Bench
I think voting is actually on the saturday between 10 and 6. Only the AGM is on the Monday night.

fish eel

Immortal
Actually, the AGM will be on the Sunday morning.

It's been switched so as not to clash with the footy.

Should keep those who were annoyed the FC agm wasn't held on a weekend happy

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Actually, the AGM will be on the Sunday morning.

It's been switched so as not to clash with the footy.

Should keep those who were annoyed the FC agm wasn't held on a weekend happy

That'd be f**king right.

The merkins are holding it whilst I will be at church.

Hellsy

Immortal
Right-o... I thought as much but quite often an extroadinary meeting is one out of scope but isn't the Leagusie one due in May anyways?