What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

fathertime

Juniors
It will be interesting to see where they lay the blame this time. Penrith Junior reps is not known for it' stability. There have been lots of new coaches each year with only one recent success (2010) It would be a pleasant surprise if there was some stability and they let each coach have at least another year but I cannot see it happening.

SOmething definitely needs fixing somewhere because the talent base is not being maximised

ranga

Juniors
It will be interesting to see how they react cos I believe Atko and the matts coach Adisson are highly rated coaches[/QUOTEI may be wrong but the club has lost about 20 mill over the last couple of years and unfortunatley the funds for the juniors have dried up . the 1st grade dont even have a full time physio from all reports ,so I dont think they have a lot to splash at mats and ball level

stretcher

Juniors
It will be interesting to see how they react cos I believe Atko and the matts coach Adisson are highly rated coaches
In my opinion of the games ive watched this year the harold matts looked fit and structured and the ball were all over the place and there fitness was terrible i watched the academy side run rings around them and looked more structured and with the same class of players would of beat them convincingly now nobody can tell me that dosent come down to coaching if a team is unfit its the coaches fault if a team has no structure its the coaches fault if a team has no discipline its the coaches fault and that is why the coach gets blamed if a team has a brain explosion thats the individual players fault and whether a coach is highly rated or not results on the scoreboard and results in improvement in a team is what keeps a coach in a job so if anyone has watched the junior reps over the last couple of years that ball team has gone backwards so i say the only person to blame for that is the coach period....

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Speaking of structured and all over the place....

You need to start using paragraphs, fullstops and commas mate.

I am sure what you have to say is really insightful, however it is almost impossible to read.

ranga

Juniors
Speaking of structured and all over the place....

You need to start using paragraphs, fullstops and commas mate.

I am sure what you have to say is really insightful, however it is almost impossible to read.

I agree ,I can not make sense of a lot of this either :crazy:

fathertime

Juniors
In my opinion of the games ive watched this year the harold matts looked fit and structured and the ball were all over the place and there fitness was terrible

Matts had a good year in my opinion. I dont think they had a great set of players but they put in for each other and like u said, were very fit and structured. Their defence in particular was outstanding, I just think they might have lacked a match winner or two

I still think you are bing a but harsh on the Ball. They beat Manly, Balmain, Souths, WSAS and the Coast. 5 wins isnt bad. Its the fact that they lost 4 that is a blight.

ranga

Juniors
In my opinion of the games ive watched this year the harold matts looked fit and structured and the ball were all over the place and there fitness was terrible i watched the academy side run rings around them and looked more structured and with the same class of players would of beat them convincingly now nobody can tell me that dosent come down to coaching if a team is unfit its the coaches fault if a team has no structure its the coaches fault if a team has no discipline its the coaches fault and that is why the coach gets blamed if a team has a brain explosion thats the individual players fault and whether a coach is highly rated or not results on the scoreboard and results in improvement in a team is what keeps a coach in a job so if anyone has watched the junior reps over the last couple of years that ball team has gone backwards so i say the only person to blame for that is the coach period....

Wouldnt a brain explosion come under discipline , and you say the "that "Ball team has gone backwards , the side changes every year ,he had success last year when it wasnt expected ,even by you as I remember . and run rings around them ,who won ?.I think your son was in the academy side , let your kid do his own battles or he will never amount to any thing ....spell check time .... all good

franklin2323

Immortal
Stretcher you say the performance over the last few years has dropped. Yet the coach changes yet the same results the major thing funding.

We have less development staff, cutbacks in equipment etc. It wouldn't matter who coached them they need off field support.

I coach u15's so I see most of the local talent that gets targeted. 4 weeks in arow leading into the finals there has been scouts for the other teams approaching players. GF day comes Penrith come along to get some players guess wat most of both gf teams taken.

straightup

Juniors
To me it seemed like they had way too much focus on the following week and the semis. For example, Jennings being dropped and Waddell being "rested". On the other hand that was WA's grand final for them, espescially for the ones who had to travel to Western Australia as they didnt make Penrith.
They underestimated Western Australia who came off a narrow loss the week before to canberra who beat the Roosters by 60 points.

Coaches can't be blamed for our poor rep season, I believe Jim Jones is the person to blame and if Penrith are serious about getting back to where they were, he needs to go.

you blokes can say what you like and i respect that,but i know players from both matts and ball and they tell me things,also i ive watch training a couple of times too, one rep coach doesnt want and certain talented player to offload the ball in games which he does successfully, i also seen this last year with the same coach. that player tells me if hes there next year hes gone. and this is a player we all talk about.

ranga

Juniors
you blokes can say what you like and i respect that,but i know players from both matts and ball and they tell me things,also i ive watch training a couple of times too, one rep coach doesnt want and certain talented player to offload the ball in games which he does successfully, i also seen this last year with the same coach. that player tells me if hes there next year hes gone. and this is a player we all talk about.
come on give us aname ,player and the coach

straightup

Juniors
come on give us aname ,player and the coach

come on ranga you know i not going to give you names,but i will tell you the coach is not aussie! as for the player you have to do research on that. i know that parents werent happy with him(coach) after one particular game and put in a complaint.

fathertime

Juniors
come on ranga you know i not going to give you names,but i will tell you the coach is not aussie! as for the player you have to do research on that. i know that parents werent happy with him(coach) after one particular game and put in a complaint.

Oh dear.......

stretcher

Juniors
Wouldnt a brain explosion come under discipline , and you say the "that "Ball team has gone backwards , the side changes every year ,he had success last year when it wasnt expected ,even by you as I remember . and run rings around them ,who won ?.I think your son was in the academy side , let your kid do his own battles or he will never amount to any thing ....spell check time .... all good
Well if you knew what you were talking about you would realise that last years harold matts team were undefeated as an under 13,14,15 development team nobody got near them and were expected to win the harold matts comp last year they had 4 or 5 guys that had played academy matts the year before and also 4 new south wales state players at 15years old so to think they werent expected to win is the most rediculous statement ive read on this forum and if you read my comments i actually said if the academy had the same talent they would of run rings around them given the way they played there structure was heaps better and im not a father yet and on top of that garbage you wrote the only new players to that ball side were two queensland kids and todd graham every other kid in that squad played matts two years prior einstien...

stretcher

Juniors
Stretcher you say the performance over the last few years has dropped. Yet the coach changes yet the same results the major thing funding.

We have less development staff, cutbacks in equipment etc. It wouldn't matter who coached them they need off field support.

I coach u15's so I see most of the local talent that gets targeted. 4 weeks in arow leading into the finals there has been scouts for the other teams approaching players. GF day comes Penrith come along to get some players guess wat most of both gf teams taken.
I totally agree but i think the problem is the coaches they have all been school teachers and coach the same way the players play footy to get away from school not to do a day at school then go straight to school at panther stadium they just look like they arent having fun anymore and the players are the guys who i hear this from.....and the solution to the problem is every other club has a person paid fulltime or parttime looking for players penrith have voluteers scouting so if you pay peanuts you get monkeys..

stretcher

Juniors
Ranga you to stuffed up your grammer you didnt start a sentence with a capital ??? and runs rings around them, hmmm not the only one hey growup if you have something to say then say it stop wasting everyones time by marking the punctuation idiot...

fathertime

Juniors
Ranga you to stuffed up your grammer you didnt start a sentence with a capital ??? and runs rings around them, hmmm not the only one hey growup if you have something to say then say it stop wasting everyones time by marking the punctuation idiot...

Now now boys hee hee

ranga

Juniors
Change your name to straight jacket ,you genius.:crazy:

Latest posts